Main Menu

State of Decay

Started by RooksBailey, May 27, 2013, 02:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kushan

Quote from: RooksBailey on September 21, 2013, 04:11:37 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 21, 2013, 01:32:25 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 21, 2013, 01:14:03 PM
Is the main part of the game single player?

I thought it was only singleplayer?

It is only SP.  They were going to do a co-op expansion but they cancelled the project because of the tremendous cost it would have required to implement it properly.  They said they'd rather add good content to the SP game than put buckets of cash in a co-op project that they weren't at all sure they could pull off properly.

Believe they were also using SoD as a test bed for a future MMO. Why implement MP into a game when you know you plan to launch an MMO later?

Going to hold off until they implement mouse and keyboard support. One of the reasons I never got it for the 360 is that I can't for the life off me get used to the clumsiness of a controller. As soon as the implement it, day 1 purchase for me.

Tome Chick did a few really good write ups on Quarter to Three about his experiences with SoD a few months ago:

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2013/06/05/the-sad-death-of-ondrej-leslie-in-state-of-decay/
http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2013/06/21/state-of-decay-does-brilliantly-what-videogames-do-best/
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

eyebiter

.
#31
.

eyebiter

.
#32
.

JasonPratt

E> Tom Chick!

Incidentally, what is this "Rebuild" he was speaking of?

(Incidentally 2, I bought SoD this weekend but haven't tried anything on it yet, being busy elsewhere.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Too many Shift and Control key combos for an action game.

They need to set the crouching & sneaking stuff to the Z-X-C row.  And put in some customizable hot key settings from the feedback I've seen. 

Just an observation, not really a complaint, since they've stated that the settings thing will eventually be in there.


eyebiter

.
#35
.

-budd-

Thanks for posting...that takes it off my list....still waiting for a decent open world zombie game.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Holy crap! It's been a few weeks since I first booted up SoD!--that first little ranger station area is probably a wasteland now...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Steelgrave

Quote from: -budd- on October 05, 2013, 04:18:46 AM
Thanks for posting...that takes it off my list....still waiting for a decent open world zombie game.

I have my kickstarter money on Dead State, Early 2014 with any luck.  http://www.deadstate.doublebearproductions.com/

bbmike

Quote from: Steelgrave on October 05, 2013, 10:35:52 AM
Quote from: -budd- on October 05, 2013, 04:18:46 AM
Thanks for posting...that takes it off my list....still waiting for a decent open world zombie game.

I have my kickstarter money on Dead State, Early 2014 with any luck.  http://www.deadstate.doublebearproductions.com/
Wow, I'd totally forgot about that one! It's been so long I hope it's not vaporware or a serious disappointment.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Steelgrave

Quote from: bbmike on October 05, 2013, 06:42:35 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on October 05, 2013, 10:35:52 AM
Quote from: -budd- on October 05, 2013, 04:18:46 AM
Thanks for posting...that takes it off my list....still waiting for a decent open world zombie game.

I have my kickstarter money on Dead State, Early 2014 with any luck.  http://www.deadstate.doublebearproductions.com/
Wow, I'd totally forgot about that one! It's been so long I hope it's not vaporware or a serious disappointment.
It's not looking like vaporware, they have been making steady progress. As to a disappointment....I'm hoping not.

eyebiter

.
#41
.

LongBlade

Bump.

I almost pulled the trigger on this over the weekend. Looks really good.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

OJsDad

There is a DLC available now SoD - Breakdown.  Has anyone picked up on it yet.

Have there been any updates that improves the game, since the last player post was early November.  I thinking about picking this up also.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

tgb

Breakdown strips out the story-related stuff and turns the game into a sandbox.  You move from one community to another, each getting tougher, until you're entire community is wiped out, and you get a score based on how long you lasted.  I still suggest playing at least the beginning of the story-based campaign, as that is the tutorial.

Depending on how you feel about fast zombies vs. classic shamblers, the Romero mod is essential. It slows the zombies down and makes them more like the ones in Romero's films.  There are a lot of other optional changes as well.  You can find it at http://www.moddb.com/downloads/george-romero-mod-t16-revival