Dear AGEOD, your next game using the AGE engine should be...

Started by Slick Wilhelm, October 05, 2013, 09:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Slick Wilhelm

The Boer Wars

or

Franco-Prussian War

or...?

What do you guys think would be a good fit with the AGE engine.

Staggerwing

War of the Roses?

Byzantium v. Sassanids/later Moslems?

Thirty Years War?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Kushan

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

mikeck

WARS OF GERMAN UNIFICATION

Prussian-Danish war
Austrian-Prussian war
Franco-Prussian war

Already have what they need...Trains , telegraphs, map of that area from ROP.

In the alternative:
30 years war
Wars of Louis the 14th (basically a collection of French/Spanish/Dutch/HRE contacts in the 17th century
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

magnus

 +1 Wars of Louis XIV, Or at least War of the Spanish Succession.




mikeck

Quote from: magnus on October 05, 2013, 10:23:06 AM
+1 Wars of Louis XIV, Or at least War of the Spanish Succession.

Yep, and war of grand alliance, 9 years war, Dutch wars, Etc. There are just loads of scenarios. Plus this was prime time for the development of siege warfare
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

CptHowdy

let em create their own world, doesn't need to be historical or of this earth. or maybe they could take vic's Armageddon empires and convert it?

besilarius

Much as I would love a good treatment of the Thirty Years War, I'd wonder if players would get into it.
There were so many factions, led by so many self-centered, lieing kids, that people might wonder how they every got through it.  (Though if you prepared by playing a lot of CK2, you'd probably get it.)
It's a great period of history, with a lot of changes occurring, so would be quite the challenge.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

bbmike

As someone suggested on the AGEOD forum, their next game should actually be a series of games that hand off to each other covering a span from 10,000 BC to 2100+AD.

Or maybe the need to get out of their comfort zone and turn out a good sci-fi game.  8)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Boggit

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on October 05, 2013, 09:04:33 AM
or

Franco-Prussian War
If you are unaware, there is already the Franco-Prussian War DLC for Pride of Nations that uses the AGE engine. I picked it up at a really good price on Gamersgate. I hope that helps... :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JasonPratt

As someone who wished Great Invasions had worked better, I wouldn't mind some kind of upgrade to that game. But maybe that should be on my Paradox wishlist instead as a prequel to CK2. ;) The AGEngine wouldn't really work on that scale, without Pr0n level problems.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mikeck

Quote from: Boggit on October 05, 2013, 01:42:14 PM
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on October 05, 2013, 09:04:33 AM
or

Franco-Prussian War
If you are unaware, there is already the Franco-Prussian War DLC for Pride of Nations that uses the AGE engine. I picked it up at a really good price on Gamersgate. I hope that helps... :)

Yeah but that one is far to abstracted. The PRON set up is designed for nation management and the military aspects are really cut down. I tried it but no joy
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

jomni

With Spanish Civil War now out the next should be WWII!!!!

Don't take me seriously, I'm just taunting Nefaro.

mikeck

Don't laugh... I've seen several posts in the AGEOD forums suggesting just that.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on October 05, 2013, 08:20:06 PM
With Spanish Civil War now out the next should be WWII!!!!

Don't take me seriously, I'm just taunting Nefaro.

;D

I'm very surprised nobody has seriously mentioned it.  Must be all the attention drawn to such requests lately.  :-*