Salvation Prophecy to STEAM

Started by PanzersEast, October 07, 2013, 03:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PanzersEast

Salvation Prophecy is now on STEAM and I have been on the edge of purchase, however I may pick it up now.  Anyone else played this one?  I know JA did a review of it and liked it.


PE

Huw the Poo

It's about time, it was greenlit ages ago!  I've only played the demo but really enjoyed it.  If I didn't have a shameful backlog I'd have picked it up already.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Martok

It looked interesting until I saw the mention of "missions".  No open/freeform campaign is a no-go for me. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces


JasonPratt

Quote from: Martok on October 08, 2013, 08:20:58 AM
It looked interesting until I saw the mention of "missions".  No open/freeform campaign is a no-go for me.

From the game description reported in the prior thread: "Gain ranks by completing missions. Rise up to lead your faction's military strategy. Construct planet colonies, space stations, and military units. Order new missions to attack the enemy."

That sounds like it could be sandbox type missions.  ???
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Is this Russian made?
It looks a lot like many other Eastblock Space games. If so, is the translation good? I have been pretty dissapointed with all those 'see we have the big awesome box of everything'-type of space operas from the East so far...
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

It's definitely a Western game.  Martok, I'm pretty sure the campaign is freeform; as Jason says, you get to decide where to order missions.

Why don't you all try the demo?

Martok

Hmm, didn't see anything about a demo.  Link? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Huw the Poo

On my phone right now but there's a demo on Desura.  Presumably they'll do one on Steam too.

republic

Never heard of this, looks neat.  I was reading in the developers forums and saw mention of the Matrix game Starshatter.  Don't know how I missed that one either!?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: republic on October 08, 2013, 06:48:31 PM
Never heard of this, looks neat.  I was reading in the developers forums and saw mention of the Matrix game Starshatter.  Don't know how I missed that one either!?

Now Starshatter was excellent game.  Unfortunately, it never truly reached its full potential.  Good luck finding it now...I do not think it is available commercially anymore.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Tpek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 08, 2013, 07:50:26 PM
Quote from: republic on October 08, 2013, 06:48:31 PM
Never heard of this, looks neat.  I was reading in the developers forums and saw mention of the Matrix game Starshatter.  Don't know how I missed that one either!?

Now Starshatter was excellent game.  Unfortunately, it never truly reached its full potential.  Good luck finding it now...I do not think it is available commercially anymore.

Commercially no.
Cause it's freeware bub :P

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=80935.0

Tpek

Btw, if I remember correctly, this info was originally posted by Anguille over at the Matrix forum (don't want to steal his credit for bringing this  up :) )

Huw the Poo

Starshatter was ruined for me by a completely game-breaking bug.  I asked repeatedly for help on the Matrix forum (where the developer was actively posting at the time) and was completely ignored.  This is part of the reason I don't like Matrix.