Main Menu

Halloween Season Gaming

Started by Bison, October 09, 2013, 12:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 17, 2013, 06:21:47 PM
I often feel sorry that life's little time-demands have robbed me of following many of the well-loved TV series such as House, ER, SoA, the last two seasons of ST:DS9, China Beach, NYPD Blue, the Wire, Boardwalk Empire, Entourage, GoT, and so many more. Now, thanks to this discussion, I have one less...

Thank you all for lightening my load just a wee bit.  ;)

house i cant fault, wire im yet to start!

Gusington

Try to get to Boardwalk Empire ASAP.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Ah! Sons of Anarchy! I can get back to that one now. :)

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on October 17, 2013, 05:49:46 PM
Time travel to the 1970s? Who would want to go back?? That seals it for me.

There was some of that reaction from the characters, too. ;) But it was better than it sounds.

(Or was if you managed to get invested in the plot, since this was when the Dharma Project was running on the island, and the season explained the origin of a lot of leftover things, including what happened to the Project.)


Oooh, the Wire! -- I haven't gotten to that one yet either. Trying to work my way through all 10 seasons of MI-5, and catching up on Justified, but somewhat hampered by the parentals wanting to watch them, too, and yet not.  :P
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

The Wife loved The Wire. That's all I know about it. And that's not a euphemism.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Incidentally, the Batman Arkham game franchise is on a steep sale at Steam this weekend (as Gus learned recently in the sales thread); and the first game especially makes a good Halloween Season game for various aesthetic and plot related reasons (even though not directly so).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Greybriar

For those who were put off by its DRM, it looks like Games for Windows Live has been removed from the Batman Arkham games that are on Steam, which is a good news.

As for me, I'm not as much into the Action-Adventure games as I once was. Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers used to be my favorite game of its genre, and I've played it on Halloweens past. But I don't really know of a game I'll be playing this Halloween, at least not yet.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Arctic Blast

Actually, GFWL has been replaced by Steamworks across the board for both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. So if you bought it elsewhere, you should be able to add it to your Steam account via serial key.

Father Ted

Veering OT...The Wire is great telly.  Unlike a lot of top shows it has a pre-ordained story arc over its seasons, so that it feels completed.  Lots of successful shows are pushed beyond their original concepts and become diluted with successive seasons.

To my mind, however, The Sopranos is still the outstanding TV experience.

Toonces

Played some Doom3 tonight.  I'm not really into horror-type FPS's for the most part, but I'm finding this pretty scary!

Not sure how it compares to other games.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

Did we mention Thief upthread? Because the first game can get pretty scary in places once the undead and the spiders and lizards come out. (Um, spoilers.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

^Don't tease. The scariest Thief level of all is Shalebridge Cradle in the third game. One of the scariest levels of anything ever.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

So what games have you ended up playing, Gus? (or others?)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Just got done with the Knife of Dunwall DLC for Dishonored. Well done but short, like me. Next up is a bit of a dilemma for me: Assassin's Creed III or Skyrim: Dragonborn. I also have Bioshock:Infinite waiting. Or maybe play around a bit with the Dark Mod. You can see where I'm going with this...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd