Main Menu

X Rebirth First Trailer

Started by Darkspire, August 08, 2013, 11:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RooksBailey

Good interview here:

http://www.games-arena.ro/2013/08/25/interview-x-rebirth-with-bernd-lehahn/

QuoteGA: For the first time since X2, we'll be able to go inside space stations, with the character. What can we do in these stations? Is this a more elegant alternative to just directly calling up an NPC, or are we going to have more activities? I think I saw being able to crawl through ducts, in one of the videos.

BL: You need to hire people for many jobs. NPC hiring is a big part of this game and you always want to know how good people are at their jobs. There are minigames through talking to people to find this out and there are also traders and items you can collect on platforms. So yes there is a lot you can do there.

8)
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Yskonyn

My internal hype level is rising!!  :P
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Darkspire

X Rebirth - Trading and Mining

This just seems to get better with every vid released  :)

Darkspire

Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.


JudgeDredd

I'm so stoked I pre-ordered this and cannot wait.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Darkspire

Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.


JudgeDredd

Rather excited about this...very much looking forward to it.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Rayfer

Quote from: Darkspire on October 21, 2013, 09:18:32 AM
X Rebirth - Fight Trailer

Nuff said  :)

Darkspire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiYTmHDMjZg

Was that a cinematic trailer or actual gameplay, or maybe a bit of both spliced together? Regardless, looks good.  But not on my 5 year old rig.

Darkspire

Actual gameplay, Egosoft cinematics are very easy to spot as there not that good, X2's reminded me of Thunderbirds.

If you have not tried it already, you should give X3 Terran Conflict a go, once you get the hang of it then bolt the extended on that I put trailers  for here: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=7054.msg171942#msg171942

I am the same, I have a fairly old machine and a much better one about 80% complete on the workbench, I really dislike leaving an OS I have had on for years and have to move on from, I was the same for win98 to XP and now I am the same for XP to win7, some folks have dual booting drives but the software is only half the story, it is the hardware as well, I have the old win98 machine with a good box of spares, drive with stuff on that wont work on XP, I will do the same for this one, fit it out as maxed out as I can for XP and keep a good box of spares and then move onto my next machine which will also be a 64bit as well as an upgrade in the OS, some folks are a little hesitant about being retro but the games for me in the last 10 years have been a real step up in GFX compared to DOS retro gaming, for them I use DOSbox on here. Moving to 64bit means a major step away from stable compatibility so I will cling on to XP till someone turns the lights out  :)

Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.


Yskonyn

Quote from: Darkspire on October 21, 2013, 02:59:32 PM
Actual gameplay, Egosoft cinematics are very easy to spot as there not that good, X2's reminded me of Thunderbirds.



Lol! Indeed! But those in 3 are no better.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Grim.Reaper

I personally have very little knowledge of this game, back after looking at some trailers and reading information, looks like it could be a good one.  Anyone find the best pre-order deal?  I am only interested in the standard edition since doesn't appear the collector's edition has much to offer, besides soundtracks and art.  I found it at gamefly for $39 (with discount code).  Any better offers out there before I pull the trigger?

son_of_montfort

From all the videos I have seen, the flying seems a bit more "smooth" than in X3. I'm wondering if Rebirth is going to be more Gamepad/Controller friendly so that I won't have to fiddle with my aging joystick. I believe RPS or something stated that they played the preview on a gamepad and it was quite intuitive and useful.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: son_of_montfort on November 10, 2013, 12:01:12 PM
From all the videos I have seen, the flying seems a bit more "smooth" than in X3. I'm wondering if Rebirth is going to be more Gamepad/Controller friendly so that I won't have to fiddle with my aging joystick. I believe RPS or something stated that they played the preview on a gamepad and it was quite intuitive and useful.

A few posts up shows a video of someone using a gamepad.....seems pretty easy to use and would be an incentive for me too since I would prefer to use it over keyboard/mouse.  Now I just need to convince myself if I should buy or not:)

son_of_montfort

You should. Nuff' said!  8)

I think that the Gamefly deal with the 20% off is the best bet. You could have gotten the same thing at Greenmangames.com, but their 20% coupon just expired. No matter what you choose, I believe you are actually buying a Steam code, so you will be playing on Steam at any rate.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

mikeck

I'm preordering tonight. Got bored with x3...just kept asking "what am I supposed to be doing". This just looks too good and I think the ability to move around the ship will add to immersion
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Sparhawk

I'm excited about this one. I've been missing space since pulling the plug on EVE. I need some wide open outer space to scout.