Main Menu

X Rebirth First Trailer

Started by Darkspire, August 08, 2013, 11:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mikeck

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 20, 2013, 12:59:00 PM
Lol!

My guess is we will actually see a 'rangeless sticky drone' to control other ships officially or by means of a mod fairly soonish.

If they patch up the empire management UI to become something that's intuïtive to use I will have no doubt the game will become a classic.

An old high profile community contributor called Giskard has put up his views (dont have the link here but its easy to find).
While I do not agree with All his points I do think he is spot on on the view as a whole and what we can expect.

Is that on YouTube, steam forums, what?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

PanzersEast

#258
You're crazy if you don't balance the good with the bad in X-reBirth.... like the economy, however the fact that you can order a ship to be built..... and then watch it being assembled/constructed in the space dock... that is pretty cool.







PE

Yskonyn

I agree! There is an insane amount of detail in Rebirth! I also like to Dock at one of my freighters while it is inbond to load or unload goods.
The captain even tells you when they are starting while he is standing there, not genericly over the comm channel.
It would be even more awesome if you could actually see stuff happening in the background of the hangar of the ship, but then again this might be unrealistic given the size of the freighter.

The amount of goods have been increased in Rebirth too. There are more energy cell types now. I find it difficult to gauge what good oppertunities are though.
The freighter you start with in the campaign can only transport energy cell types, but its very hard to sell them at a profit I find.
I have 800 units of Plasma Cells in my cargo, but the only place that takes them so far only needs 400 and besides buys them at -5%.

BTW does this percentage always reflect in relation to what you bought it for or what the price is according to system/galaxy average? This might make a pretty big difference and requires keeping notes if its the latter...

I think it also might become tedious fast if you always need to skim around stations to unlock them and cause discounts to appear when you want to trade.
Or does the reputation system still works to get standing discounts and the hands on icon hunting only provides readily available bonus discounts for the active player?
In that case I can live with the feature because you can build up relations to make a decent trade agreement for long term.

Also, how does the trade window present its deals? Are only deals listed for complexes you have unlocked / found? Do you need to update your info by visiting again to get a new tally?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

mikeck

I think the three of us are just talking to each other..but anyway.

Great fight video: after a few minutes if fighting, fast forward to 17:30!and watch him strafe that ship. Love it

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=aWY45kBGcIM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DaWY45kBGcIM%26feature%3Dyoutu.be
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Quote from: mikeck on November 19, 2013, 09:16:05 PM
I don't care about having to pilot the same ship...this game is so much more immersive:



Woahhhh!  Wait.

The player only gets one ship to fly the whole game?!  :o

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Nefaro on November 20, 2013, 03:58:31 PM
Quote from: mikeck on November 19, 2013, 09:16:05 PM
I don't care about having to pilot the same ship...this game is so much more immersive:



Woahhhh!  Wait.

The player only gets one ship to fly the whole game?!  :o

...and now gentlemen, we have come full circle... ::)
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Yskonyn

Quote from: Nefaro on November 20, 2013, 03:58:31 PM
Quote from: mikeck on November 19, 2013, 09:16:05 PM
I don't care about having to pilot the same ship...this game is so much more immersive:



Woahhhh!  Wait.

The player only gets one ship to fly the whole game?!  :o

Woahhhh! Nef, you wait there too. This has been no secret and Egosoft have been upfront about the fact that the Albion Skunk was the only ship the player was going to fly himself. Already after the first announcement of Rebirth they were pretty clear about this, so if this is still a surprise you haven't tracked the game properly.

Not to be a douchebag here, but this single criticism I really don't get, yet it pops up VERY often on the Egosoft forums too.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 20, 2013, 04:38:22 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 20, 2013, 03:58:31 PM
Quote from: mikeck on November 19, 2013, 09:16:05 PM
I don't care about having to pilot the same ship...this game is so much more immersive:



Woahhhh!  Wait.

The player only gets one ship to fly the whole game?!  :o

Woahhhh! Nef, you wait there too. This has been no secret and Egosoft have been upfront about the fact that the Albion Skunk was the only ship the player was going to fly himself. Already after the first announcement of Rebirth they were pretty clear about this, so if this is still a surprise you haven't tracked the game properly.

Not to be a douchebag here, but this single criticism I really don't get, yet it pops up VERY often on the Egosoft forums too.

mmmhmmm...<looking at Nefaro disappointingly>
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


PanzersEast

<mod>
Pilot multiple ships
</mod>




PE

mikeck

Question about the tutorial. I got the mission to buy 100 energy cells and I purchased 100 energy cells. I then went on the mission to transport the passenger to the other station. After dropping off the passenger it told me to go back to the original sector where I purchased the energy cells. Now it still has my mission as buy 100 energy cells? I don't understand I'd already purchased 100 energy cells is a just a question of me waiting long enough for my ship to load up with the cells?

I went ahead and purchased 100 again and now my freighter is moving. Does the campaign mission not changed to "sell 100 energy cells" until the cells are actually loaded up?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

Quote from: Nefaro on November 20, 2013, 03:58:31 PM
Quote from: mikeck on November 19, 2013, 09:16:05 PM
I don't care about having to pilot the same ship...this game is so much more immersive:



Woahhhh!  Wait.

The player only gets one ship to fly the whole game?!  :o

Yep. With a few caveats. The first being that you can dock on your own capital ships you own and walk around them. So you can ride on other ships :)

Seriously though, you have drones that you can launch and pilot so I suspect that someone will mod the "drone" view into a "capital ship" view

I prefer the single ship better. I become attached to it. Frankly, every ship I flew in x3 felt the same except for how fast in turned. I enjoyed flying my M7 but it looked the same through my monitor as the m3 for the most part.

So if you had your heart set on piloting multiple ships, stick with x3
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mikeck on November 20, 2013, 05:47:38 PM
Question about the tutorial. I got the mission to buy 100 energy cells and I purchased 100 energy cells. I then went on the mission to transport the passenger to the other station. After dropping off the passenger it told me to go back to the original sector where I purchased the energy cells. Now it still has my mission as buy 100 energy cells? I don't understand I'd already purchased 100 energy cells is a just a question of me waiting long enough for my ship to load up with the cells?

I went ahead and purchased 100 again and now my freighter is moving. Does the campaign mission not changed to "sell 100 energy cells" until the cells are actually loaded up?

There is a bug in this mission.  See my comments a few posts up in this thread.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 20, 2013, 04:38:22 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 20, 2013, 03:58:31 PM
Quote from: mikeck on November 19, 2013, 09:16:05 PM
I don't care about having to pilot the same ship...this game is so much more immersive:



Woahhhh!  Wait.

The player only gets one ship to fly the whole game?!  :o

Woahhhh! Nef, you wait there too. This has been no secret and Egosoft have been upfront about the fact that the Albion Skunk was the only ship the player was going to fly himself. Already after the first announcement of Rebirth they were pretty clear about this, so if this is still a surprise you haven't tracked the game properly.

Not to be a douchebag here, but this single criticism I really don't get, yet it pops up VERY often on the Egosoft forums too.

I never really checked out details on the new game.  I've been getting them directly from you guys.  So, yes, I've been ignorant of this situation.  I didn't really expect the game to be finished until next year and find that avoiding pre-release info cures me of the pre-release hype and yearning.  It has worked out rather well other than not noticing that you only get a single ship to fly.  I thought one of the coolest things about these space pirate/merchant/freelancer games was being able to progress through or buy more advanced ships on your way up.  It's likewise been a staple of the X games. 

This really does kinda suck.  Hopefully there is a lot of customization available for your one ship.   I'm surprised the ship variety got axed.  Do you think it was done to save time until release or that maybe they'll add more in DLC or some such thing?  :o