Main Menu

1st Game Played in 2014

Started by Bison, January 01, 2014, 01:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rayfer

Where I'm at it's 7:40am, the new year is less than 8 hours old....haven't even finished my first cup of coffee, no less fired up a game to play yet!  Took advantage of the Humble Bundle sale yesterday for EU4 @ $9.99...downloaded it overnight on Steam. I suspect I will play around that as my first game in 2014.

Barthheart

Finished my first U-boat career in The Hunters using VASSAL.
Sank 97,400 tonnes before getting blown out of the water by convoy escorts in May 1941.  :P

Must try again......  8)

TheCommandTent

Trying to figure out what the heck I am doing in Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm for the Grogheads contest
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Grim.Reaper

I fired up Football Manager 2014 this morning to look at all the graphics (kits, logos, players, etc.) I was finally able to download and I just continue to say wow on how this game series seems to have gotten it right for text based sims.  Come on rest of the sports world, catch up!

Few gaming resolutions for me this year, let's hope they last more than a day:)

-  Play all the games I own that I haven't even fired up or barely touched....time to reduce the gaming backlog.
-  Actually "learn" the key games I own....too many of them I give up on too quickly without really trying
-  Reduce/eliminate the impulse buys....with so many games on my plate and the fact prices reduce quickly, have to become better at this.
-  Reduce/eliminate my participation in holiday sales (unless they are main games I passed on when first released)....way too many games that I buy cheap and really never get played.

We'll see how it goes, but a person can at least dream about keeping their resolutions:)

bob48

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 01, 2014, 07:12:16 AM
heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy - happy new year matey - still plugging away at Warlock i see

Same to you Geekypoo. Aye, its one of those games that just keep sucking me in.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Diving head first into a pile of CoH2 as the weather bears down around me.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on January 01, 2014, 08:52:38 AM
Diving head first into a pile of CoH2 as the weather bears down around me.

OI - rome II biatch!!!

Gusington

That's next, as Iceni...even though Sir Slash has dampened the fire you lit under my butt on that one.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on January 01, 2014, 08:52:38 AM
Diving head first into a pile of CoH2 as the weather bears down around me.

Yep, going to be a rough couple of days here too....already have about 5-6 inches on the ground, 2-3 more expected during the day/afternoon, and then 6-8 inches more possible on tonight/Thursday.....the fun begins:(

Gusington

12-18 inches here, allegedly. Time to get serious.

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: LongBlade on January 01, 2014, 02:02:36 AM
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.

Talk about awesome.

+1

I'm playing for the Grogheads contest (I'm greedy for the prizes  ;)) but looking forward to the other scenarios and campaigns.

MIGMaster

My 3rd play thru of X-com with all the DLC loaded.....

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 01, 2014, 08:42:45 AM

Few gaming resolutions for me this year, let's hope they last more than a day:)



You & me both, Grim. I need to do that, too. I have such a backlog.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 01, 2014, 09:01:04 AM
Quote from: Gusington on January 01, 2014, 08:52:38 AM
Diving head first into a pile of CoH2 as the weather bears down around me.

Yep, going to be a rough couple of days here too....already have about 5-6 inches on the ground, 2-3 more expected during the day/afternoon, and then 6-8 inches more possible on tonight/Thursday.....the fun begins:(

Stay safe during the storm guys!


Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

That's no weather to be a Naked Celtic Warrior in Gus. I'm staying with the Suebi in '14 though GOG has the whole Red Baron series for $1.19. I'm tempted......
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.