Gaming Resolutions for 2014

Started by vyshka, January 03, 2014, 07:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

vyshka

This came up in a few posts in the first game of 2014 thread, but I figured it would make a good topic on it's own.

So what, if any, gaming resolutions do people have for this year?

Some that I have come up with:


  • Work on backlog (a neverending job)
  • Lower number of purchases in the coming year (in hopes of helping the first item)
  • Play in an online league for OOTP 14
  • Learn Dominions 4 and play in an MP game
  • Play in a Civ 5 MP game
  • Play a ladder game in at least the squad battles and campaign series ladders at theblitz
  • Finish a game of CK2
  • Learn and finish a game of EU4
  • Play through Skyrim: Legendary Edition that I just bought in the sales

Gusington

I am also working through my gaming backlog and am finally making some progress :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

To be more selective and realise my favourite genres and stick to them instead of buying everything

Never to pre order, early access or buy on release day..... nothing to do with quality of release merely the fact that in 2 months time it will be half price - truly bonkers

To excel at one of my fave games and enjoy it every time I play it...... I'm looking at baloogan and command, chelco and steel beasts and try and create some magical vignettes of gaming that make people go 'i want to play that game'

Understand and conquer eu4

-budd-

No purchases until next fall/winter sale.Give every game I've bought a fair amount of time when i get to it. Play only 2 games at one time, 1 wargame and 1 other. Guess this means i better stay out of the game sales thread.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

sandman2575

Upgrade from 1920 x 1080 to 2560 x 1440

( ;))

MengJiao

Quote from: vyshka on January 03, 2014, 07:37:40 PM
This came up in a few posts in the first game of 2014 thread, but I figured it would make a good topic on it's own.

So what, if any, gaming resolutions do people have for this year?

Some that I have come up with:


  • Work on backlog (a neverending job)
  • Lower number of purchases in the coming year (in hopes of helping the first item)
  • Play in an online league for OOTP 14
  • Learn Dominions 4 and play in an MP game
  • Play in a Civ 4 MP game
  • Play a ladder game in at least the squad battles and campaign series ladders at theblitz
  • Finish a game of CK2
  • Learn and finish a game of EU4
  • Play through Skyrim: Legendary Edition that I just bought in the sales

I'm thinking about starting a gaming blog. 

Sir Slash

I too hope to re-visit my old save games and actually finish a few, mostly Combat Mission and the Total War titles I have. But as usual, I'll probably be distracted by the first flashy thing that passes by.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

Wait patiently for Warlock 2.  Pray that it's as addictive to me as Master of the Arcane.  Incidentally, vyshka, I can help you with your Civ IV MP game.  There are several of us, actually, who are capable of doing so.  I can't speak for them, but, I voulnteer to help make that happen for you.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Darkspire

Actually finish a game of Distant Worlds and release my theme Darkverse  :)

Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.


vyshka

Quote from: MetalDog on January 04, 2014, 12:45:01 AM
Wait patiently for Warlock 2.  Pray that it's as addictive to me as Master of the Arcane.  Incidentally, vyshka, I can help you with your Civ IV MP game.  There are several of us, actually, who are capable of doing so.  I can't speak for them, but, I voulnteer to help make that happen for you.

I will probably take you guys up on that. It was a typo though and should have said civ 5. I haven't spent nearly as much time with it as I should have, so I figured having to play MP would motivate me to spend some time with the game. Do you guys use Giant Multiplayer Robot?

Anguille

Quote from: -budd- on January 03, 2014, 09:31:40 PM
No purchases until next fall/winter sale.Give every game I've bought a fair amount of time when i get to it. Play only 2 games at one time, 1 wargame and 1 other. Guess this means i better stay out of the game sales thread.
Same for me....i really need to play the games i already have first. One of the games i really want to play is grand age Rome gold.

republic

To build a new PC to hook to my TV so I can play all those controller games in a more relaxed fashion.  :)

bob48

I really need to put some effort into HoI III. Geeks epic AAR inspires me, but somehow the game itself just has not sunk into my walnut size brain.

Like MD, I'm looking forwards to Warlock 2. I have about 500 hours logged on W1 so far.

Also need to get to grips with Rome II.

I've also neglected RoF, mainly because I need to put some effort into setting up my X-45 combo in a sensible fashion.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Jarhead0331

Definitely to buy less and play more (it'll never happen) and maybe to finally force myself to learn WitP: AE.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


republic

My gaming resolution is to find a group of guys to play something regularly.  I'm tired of standing alone amongst the squeeky teenagers on World of Tanks, Mechwarrior Online, ARMA2/3 and the like.