Battles of King Arthur

Started by spelk, January 18, 2014, 06:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

spelk

Have no idea of dev pedigree or whether its going to be any good, but I like the art style of miniatures with bases.

http://www.excalibur-publishing.com/games/battles-king-arthur/

Debut trailer vid:


Gusington

Interesting...looks different enough from the NeoCore games to be worth keeping an eye on. Not sure who Jane Whittaker is though (she's credited as the dev).
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Great, now I have to go change my underwear.   :-[
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: spelk on January 18, 2014, 06:13:11 PM
Have no idea of dev pedigree or whether its going to be any good, but I like the art style of miniatures with bases.

http://www.excalibur-publishing.com/games/battles-king-arthur/



King Arthur... as played by Leo DiCaprio?  That's what their front page banner art looks like.  LOL!

:P

Game sounds interesting though.  :)

Grim.Reaper

Games that appear out of nowhere scare me though...says it will be released in February and this is the first it really has been heard about.....hmmmm

Gusington

Don't think so much and just wait for initial reviews :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on January 18, 2014, 08:56:03 PM
Don't think so much and just wait for initial reviews :)

My pessimistic side says if it is something they were proud of there would have been a lot of hype and previews before now:)  But hey, I am willing to wait and see and hopefully be pleasantly surprised:)

Gusington

^Just don't be the first one through the purchasing door!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on January 18, 2014, 09:00:27 PM
^Just don't be the first one through the purchasing door!

Not this time:)  Found a place that said price would be £24.99...sounds like will be released on steam and physical copies on Feb 14.  Most places mentions a UK release, so not sure what that means for the rest of the world.

Bison

I'm liking the look of the game.  Depending on the gaming budget which I decided to impose a serious restriction on this year, it won't be a day one purchase but something I'll keep my eye on to purchase later for sure.

Toonces

I don't do "Day 1 purchases" anymore.  I'm happy to wait a few days and see what the haters on Steam have to say. 

Buuuuut, if it gets anything close to a favorable review I'm going to be all over this game.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

spelk

I hope its not a re-skinned Chess.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: spelk on January 19, 2014, 02:49:39 AM
I hope its not a re-skinned Chess.

Too funny...I was kind of thinking that myself when I saw the screens...if this was somehow an alternative version of chess....fingers crossed it isn't.

tgb

#13
It reminded me more of an Arhurian chess set at well, particularly the use of squares instead of hexes.  I'm interested enough to check it out further once we get closer to release.  5 minutes of research led me to discover that the trailer is two months old, which could mean they've been putting the time into polish and balance instead of hype.

Of course, it could also mean the developer ran out of money and the game will never see the light of day.

Grim.Reaper