Main Menu

Living EU4 for real

Started by undercovergeek, February 12, 2014, 03:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

I enjoy the heavier dry Mead with higher alcohol content.  The light & sweet stuff is okay to sip on but the dry stuff is da best.  ;)

BanzaiCat

So how many of these Lithuanian phrases did you use when drunkenly stumbling back to your hotel last night, 'geek?

http://www.youswear.com/index.asp?language=Lithuanian#.Uvz86fm9z-k

Gusington

Lithuanian uses a cyrillic alphabet right?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat


mikeck

Are Lithuanians Slavic or Germanic?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

BanzaiCat

^ Are you suggesting Lithuanians migrate? ;)

Actually, I've no idea. I'm pretty sure there's been plenty of mixing it up to make that distinction less noticeable, but as for origin, no idea. The Latin alphabet, though, is not so much Slavic, but what that means as far as bloodlines go, I never got that deep into linguistic histories. But that's pretty interesting stuff to learn about.

bob48

I take it then Geek, you didn't have the curried badger face. Did you go for the boiled bulls tongue instead?

Stay safe old chum - you know what they say about Lithuanian hookers...........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

Quote from: mikeck on February 13, 2014, 05:58:52 PM
Are Lithuanians Slavic or Germanic?

Mostly Balt going back to the pre-slavic inhabitants of the area, with a bit of the other two mixed in. No doubt there is probably a strong Scandinavian element as well.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Wow Lithuanian uses Latin letters? I didn't know that.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Lithuanians are mostly Catholic.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Mostly...what are the rest that aren't Catholic? Eastern Orthodox of some kind?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

#26
Not sure.

EDIT: Just checked Wikipedia. Second largest Lithuanian group was 'did not specify' at 10% followed by 'no religion' at 6.1% and then 'Orthodox' at just 4.1%:

QuoteThe census 2011 main results on religion are:
Roman Catholic – 77.2% (2.35 million)
Orthodox – 4.1% (125,200)
Orthodox (Old Believers) – 0.8% (23,300)
Evangelical Lutherans – 0.6% (18,400)
Evangelical Reformists – 0.2% (6,700)
Other religions – 0.8% (24,900)
No religion - 6.1% (186,700)
Did not specify - 10.1% [80]
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

I'm thinking pagans like in M2TW :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

I think The Teutonic Knights probably took care of that particular thorn in The Church's side around the 13th or 14th Century.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

Well, crap.  I always though mead was like a thick beer...like Guiness to the max or something.  Huh.  Now I have to go back and re-read Game of Thrones, but think wine instead of beer everytime they drink mead.

Can you buy mead in the States?  I think I'd like to try it now, just so I can be well-learned.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs