Consolidated Heroes of Stalingrad thread

Started by Barthheart, January 21, 2014, 02:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

jomni

"Here... Take a sip of vodka".

Really found that ridiculous.  Cracks me up every time.  Any other funny lines?

Barthheart

#167
The Germans say "Let's get'em boys!" when they successfully rally.
The first recording didn't come out so well and sounded like they were saying "Let's get some boys!"  :o

Keunert

'Let's get me boys' still doesn't sound that great Barthheart.

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Barthheart

Quote from: Keunert on February 24, 2014, 08:14:26 AM
'Let's get me boys' still doesn't sound that great Barthheart.

HAHA! Stupid auto correct on my iPad... fixed above.

Keunert

The Wehrmacht committed many crimes. The paedophile thing would be news to me.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

tgb

I always thought it was a sip of water.

Barthheart

And the cranial explosions begin as people discover Mark's whimsical side in the German campaign..... can't wait 'til they get to the Russian campaign stuff....  ;D

undercovergeek

lmao - just read that - not a game breaker for me as some have said but its a bit weird!

Barthheart


JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Wow...I did NOT expect to survive that.

Lucky on Turn 7 I realised I had 1 more arty strike and there were ALOT of Partisans surrounding my last few units...if the arty strike hadn't hit the spot, there were a lot of Russian units going to move in for Melee and take at least one of the last hexes!



Campaign so far - after 3 missions

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Barthheart

Well done. How many tries did it take you?
Now the scenarios start to get fun and you start to get to upgrade and take a core with you.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Barthheart on February 28, 2014, 06:36:42 AM
Well done. How many tries did it take you?
Now the scenarios start to get fun and you start to get to upgrade and take a core with you.
For that one, that was my first go. Yeah - I was astonished too!

It was partly luck. Discovering that arty left was a huge advantage at that part of the game...so many Russian units ready to pounce and all gathered round real close...just nice for an arty mission. If I had noticed I had that arty mission previously, I'd likely have used it up earlier...so some luck there I think.

I just discovered the core units. That was an unexpected bonus. I choose a STUG and upgraded it's To Hit I think and a rifle squad.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni