ArmA III Campaign is released

Started by JudgeDredd, November 01, 2013, 06:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

And there's another 6 loads and deaths in the space between my last post and this!

I'm oot. I just get to the point in a game where it's just not f***ing fun anymore. :X
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Silent Disapproval Robot

If you are truly stuck, here's how to skip the mission and unlock the rest of the campaign.

Start ArmA III.
Select single player, then campaign.
Click on the mission you are stuck on and then hold down the left shift key and press the minus key on the number pad. 
Then type campaign.
That should unlock all the missions. Just select the next in the series and select replay.

JudgeDredd

Thank you SDR. I don't want to...I really don't, but if I can't get any further, I might just have to. I seldom make it to the road!

I'm going in for another go....pray for me!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

skeptical.platypus

JD, I remember struggling a bit with that mission, too -- but mostly because I couldn't find the hill to rendezvous. When I took out the the two vehicle crewmen, I also took their map, and that made it much easier.

I don't recall having to avoid many troops shooting at me, but that may because I lay in wait to ambush the helicopter troops that landed "up the road to the left" of the vehicle crew. (I don't recall directions, but here I'm basically putting the vehicle crew to the right. As I recall, the road curves up to the left, passes through some trees, and then curves again "north" (or the way I'm facing). Right around this curve some troops via helicopter land. I waited at least 5 probably 10 minutes real time for them to ambush, but apparently they went the other way. From there, I basically ran straight to the hill where I got chastized a few times about where the minefield was.

I suspect my wait for the ambush threw off any timing of patrols to intersect with my route. I am strongly reconsidering playing the campaign 1 missions again from scratch prior to completing 2 and 3, so if I do I'll keep better notes if I make it through this one again.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

JudgeDredd

Yeah - they two just land as I am finishing collecting kit from the two I kill at the vehicle. I run up the hill again...and I'm fired on by the two up near the compound. Then I go through the wood and I'm caught with those two. If it's not those two (from the helicopter) it's the ones looking rather heavily armoured on the hill before the town....or some others going through the ruins

I can't HELP but bump into some bugger!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

^Maybe its time to admit that you just suck really bad at this game?  :P

Like platypus, I struggled with that mission too...I also agree that the hardest part was finding the stupid rendezvous hill. I ran all over that damn map. Its an unfortunate mission to showcase the opening of Chapter two, but once you get passed it, the campaign opens up and gets really good.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Skoop

I think most arma games have a place in the settings or profile where you can edit the enemy and friendly AI.  You could try toning down the eagle eye snipering enemy AI for more playability.  I usually do this in Arma2 due to the fact that the AI can see through grass and leaves that the play can't, giving them a huge advantage.

skeptical.platypus

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 28, 2014, 09:24:31 AM
I admit it!

I'm honestly posting this to encourage you, not shame you: I'm an ENORMOUSLY bad ARMA player (my badness starts with the original Op Flashpoint and is so thorough it extends not only through ARMA, but the Dragon Rising Flashpoint series, too. Yes, my badness extends to entire genres, not just games, thank you very much!).

I'm replaying the mission tonight. Lots of us are pulling for ya. YOU CAN DO THIS JUDGE DREDD! You ARE Arma III!
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

skeptical.platypus

JD is right -- this mission sucks. Just tried it about 10 times. No idea how I ever finished it. Clearly, OPFOR has somebody lobbying grenades from orbit.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

JudgeDredd

Thank you!

There's another half a dozen times. It's like they can see everything.

I'm simply not getting through without firing. But trying to engage - I simply cannot compete with their 20/20 vision and incredible sights!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

And another dozen deaths!

FFS - I do suck at FPS - but I really can't suck THIS bad. I'm talking well over 50 attempts at this mission! OVER 50!

I'm not doing the same old either. I'm trying different things each time...every one results in the same - DEATH by bionic eye snipers with nothing more than what I have.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people