Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when Friday comes for you

Started by Jarhead0331, March 27, 2014, 08:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tgb

Might as well get some Warlords 2 in before Monday.  Probably some Xenonauts as well.

FlickJax

taking wife away for weekend so no gaming....well maybe a little on the tablet ;)

Nefaro

Quote from: Greybriar on March 28, 2014, 04:20:23 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 28, 2014, 12:59:13 AM
Do you have Age of Wonders 2/Shadow Magic?  Perhaps you should brush up before you get the newest one?  :D

Yes, and that might be a good choice. It's just that I'm in a "blah" mood and nothing much looks good to me at the moment--I want something new and different.

Age of Wonders Shadow Magic was one of the earliest games I bought from GOG.com.

The last time I slumped into a "Bleh" gaming mood, I switched to doing solitaire tabletop games instead.  Was nice getting away from the digital stuff for awhile.

MetalDog

If the weather holds, there should be some Lawnmower 2.0.  Once that is finished, it'll be a variety of, "What do I feel in the mood for?"  Eventually, it will end up being determined by whether or not I have some one to play with.  If solo, Warlock or EUIV.  If MP, then Civ IV or EUIV.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Shelldrake

Once I finish the intro campaign in ETW I plan to fire up the PS3 to have a go at The Last of Us (borrowed from my nephews).
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Barthheart

Quote from: MetalDog on March 28, 2014, 06:15:13 AM
If the weather holds, there should be some Lawnmower 2.0. .....

>:( Still 2 feet of snow in my yard so Lawnmower Man 2.0 will have to wait for a while yet.....  :P

More VASSAL work.

Work on my new gaming table has started so need to keep at that.

Kinda in a meh zone for PC gaming as well so maybe some Thunderbolt/Apache Leader or some solo of the new stuff I just got. Nef's right, that always helps me get out of the PC meh zone.

Tuna

Continue my new Rome II campaign as Pontus

Hopefully continue Warlock game with MetalDog and W8taminute

Deftinitely lots of flying.. debating grabbing the Milviz C310R on sale at Sim Market

bbmike

Quote from: Greybriar on March 28, 2014, 04:20:23 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 28, 2014, 12:59:13 AM
Do you have Age of Wonders 2/Shadow Magic?  Perhaps you should brush up before you get the newest one?  :D

Yes, and that might be a good choice. It's just that I'm in a "blah" mood and nothing much looks good to me at the moment--I want something new and different.

Age of Wonders Shadow Magic was one of the earliest games I bought from GOG.com.

I'm tempted to play a bit more AoW Shadow Magic before Monday. Either that or play some more Eador MotBW. I'm really starting to enjoy it now.
And I will definitely play upgrade my old Dell 540s and hook it up to my new Dell Ultrasharp U2414H 24" monitor.  :)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

PanzersEast

On tap for the weekend are a couple games I have set aside to finish before moving on to others.   I will continue with Xenonauts and see if I can have at least one mission where some one does not die.  Trying to conquer the Shard in Eador: MotBW.  Working my way to Circus Maximus in Qvadriga.  And last but not least, to finally finish Skyrim after yet another overloaded mod restart.

I have a new Air Hauler operation that has opened in Norway so I will fly a couple of flights, back to GA.



PE

JasonPratt

Note on the request for a less stressful racing game upthread: I might recommend switching genres to a less serious racing game altogether, one where you're only spending five minutes or so on a segment. Driver: San Francisco or any of the Motorstorm games look nice, the former has a sort-of brilliant campaign, they each race quite differently, and they come in addictive bite-sized elements. Neither one involves tweaking the cars, unfortunately.


As for my gaming weekend, once again I am trying to hold off the British hordes as Ethiopia in the WW1 campaign of Darkest Hour. I also expect to finally catch up my AAR to the point where the British hordes start giving me trouble.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I will be playing 'kill the eye infection.' Until it is killed I can't really game or read. What a sucky week.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Blucher

I will be continuing my work for the Imperial Legion in Morrowind this weekend. Also maybe some Pazercorps as well. I see a lot of people playing Xenonauts this weekend. I own it but I'm still waiting for the it to be complete to start playing it. It's in my vast backlog.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on March 28, 2014, 08:08:06 AM
I will be playing 'kill the eye infection.' Until it is killed I can't really game or read. What a sucky week.
Ouch. I hope that bugger goes away quick!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Bletchley_Geek

I expect to take a look into Unclaimed World a very new Early Access that came out cheaper than a pint in Melbourne, play Rome II and keep out an eye just in case my Combat Mission Red Thunder pre-order activates...

Anguille

Mostly pbems:

- Armada 2526 Supernova (2)
- Storm over the Pacific as Japan
- Time of Fury as the Allies and the UDSSR

Not sure what else...we'll see