Main Menu

Wargame: Red Dragon

Started by Jarhead0331, March 29, 2014, 10:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek


Apocalypse 31

Quote from: RyanE on April 19, 2014, 04:35:04 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...the terrain is no longer just flat like in the previous games.  Is that correct?

Speaking of which...

In enjoying the new maps. Wider spaces, better engagement areas, better fights overall

RyanE

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 19, 2014, 04:44:05 PM
it wasnt in ALB

I was considering buying ALB before, but saw a discussion about height not being taken into account in it.  The I saw a recent discussion about in RD where it was stated that height is now working.  These were either on devs site or Steam, I don't remember.  It was nothing official and they could have been mistaken.

Jarhead0331

There are hills and mountains in Red Dragon. I've used hills to really good effect.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


RyanE

I was talking about the previous game...ALB...but nevermind.

GDS_Starfury

how are the ships working?

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Mr. Bigglesworth

"The Captain scared them out of the ocean!"
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

GDS_Starfury

actually this one looks fun:

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


undercovergeek

Quote from: RyanE on April 19, 2014, 07:42:51 PM
I was talking about the previous game...ALB...but nevermind.

I recall placing scouts and arty on a hill for bigger ranges and  hiding hull down behind one to plan an ambush

GDS_Starfury

infantry at the edge and the heavy stuff a few hundred meters back pays huge dividends.
and there are tons of nooks and crannies to use so said infantry doesn't just die as a signal flare.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Jarhead0331

I've been having so much fun playing land skirmishes at slow and very slow speeds that I have not even bothered to try out a naval battle yet.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 20, 2014, 07:11:51 AM
I've been having so much fun playing land skirmishes at slow and very slow speeds that I have not even bothered to try out a naval battle yet.

This is how I anticipate playing the game

GDS_Starfury

can you play a purely naval battle?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 20, 2014, 09:18:00 AM
can you play a purely naval battle?

Yes.  There are naval maps, mixed naval and land and land only.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek