FRIDAY calling to the faraway towns, Now war is declared, and battle come down

Started by undercovergeek, May 02, 2014, 03:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Anguille

Quote from: Nefaro on May 02, 2014, 09:57:14 AM
Quote from: Anguille on May 02, 2014, 09:54:08 AM
I am also working on my old Romulan campaign in Birth of the Federation....about 500 turns so far...after a good start in my war against the Cardassians, i've just lost my entire invasion fleet in a glorious battle...have to hurry to build up a new fleet before they launch a real counterattack!  :P

Awww man.  Wish I had better luck with BotF on my modern computers.  When I tried running it with a/the mod last year, it refused to work properly.  :-\  Even before that, the memory leak would often drive me batty after awhile.
Not cool... :(


Martok

In Birth of the Federation (the BOP mod with MPR++ installed over it), I'm playing a rare (for me) Cardassian campaign.  Have run into three minor races so far...including the Bajorans.  How perfect is that?  ;D 

On top of that, I've started a new campaign in Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes with a custom-created Sovereign.  'Twill be...interesting to see how he does.  :P 




Quote from: Anguille on May 02, 2014, 10:48:11 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 02, 2014, 09:57:14 AM
Quote from: Anguille on May 02, 2014, 09:54:08 AM
I am also working on my old Romulan campaign in Birth of the Federation....about 500 turns so far...after a good start in my war against the Cardassians, i've just lost my entire invasion fleet in a glorious battle...have to hurry to build up a new fleet before they launch a real counterattack!  :P

Awww man.  Wish I had better luck with BotF on my modern computers.  When I tried running it with a/the mod last year, it refused to work properly.  :-\  Even before that, the memory leak would often drive me batty after awhile.
Not cool... :(
Sorry to hear that Nefaro.  :(  Did you ever get around to trying out the MPR++ alpha?  (If not, you can request a link for it in this thread; they've given it to pretty much everyone who's asked for it.)  Like I've said before, it's not a fix-all, but a number of folks have enjoyed success in getting BOTF to run on newer machines with MPR installed. 

Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done to get around the memory leak.  There's 1-2 long-term projects a couple of the modders are working on that could help with that, but it's going to be ages before anything comes of it (if ever).  Until then, I'm afraid we're stuck with it.  :-\ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Nefaro

Quote from: Martok on May 02, 2014, 12:09:38 PM

Sorry to hear that Nefaro.  :(  Did you ever get around to trying out the MPR++ alpha?  (If not, you can request a link for it in this thread; they've given it to pretty much everyone who's asked for it.)  Like I've said before, it's not a fix-all, but a number of folks have enjoyed success in getting BOTF to run on newer machines with MPR installed. 

Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done to get around the memory leak.  There's 1-2 long-term projects a couple of the modders are working on that could help with that, but it's going to be ages before anything comes of it (if ever).  Until then, I'm afraid we're stuck with it.  :-\

Think I tried vanilla and 'BoB'(?) but my problem was major graphical issues.  The menus were all screwed up and what I could see was messed up.  I looked up some suggestions but gave up after a couple quick fixes didn't work.  I've written it off at this point.

Funny .. I still have the original disk and manual around here somewhere.  I remember getting that when it came out.. when was that?  99?

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Martok

Quote from: Nefaro on May 02, 2014, 12:38:00 PM
Funny .. I still have the original disk and manual around here somewhere.  I remember getting that when it came out.. when was that?  99?
Yep, BOTF was released back in 1999.  There are times it's hard for me to believe it was that long ago already. 

I still have the original disk and manual as well (in the box, no less!)...somewhere. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Ian C

Master of Orion 3: Tropical 1.311

Making History: The Great War

Bully Scholarship Edition

Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes

PanzersEast

Quote from: Martok on May 02, 2014, 12:09:38 PM
In Birth of the Federation (the BOP mod with MPR++ installed over it), I'm playing a rare (for me) Cardassian campaign.  Have run into three minor races so far...including the Bajorans.  How perfect is that?  ;D 

Which mod are you using for Birth of the Federation?


PE

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Nefaro on May 02, 2014, 09:55:40 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on May 02, 2014, 08:25:30 AM

B-17 Mighty Eighth >
An oldie but goodie.... I have been going through a lot of games on my HD and I have finally customized my controls and are ready for my first mission.....




Speaking of old sims... I noticed the thread at SimHQ where modders for Enemy Engaged: Comanche Hokum are preparing to release an update to the mod that has a bunch of add'l stuff. 

That thing's shelf life has been extensive since there's not been any proper attack helo sims out, with multiple models and a dynamic campaign, in ages.  If they pop out a new version of that supermod sometime soon, I'll definitely have to load it all up on my new rig.

+1. I'm following this on SimHQ, as well. Any idea of when the release will be?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 02, 2014, 04:18:42 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 02, 2014, 09:55:40 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on May 02, 2014, 08:25:30 AM

B-17 Mighty Eighth >
An oldie but goodie.... I have been going through a lot of games on my HD and I have finally customized my controls and are ready for my first mission.....




Speaking of old sims... I noticed the thread at SimHQ where modders for Enemy Engaged: Comanche Hokum are preparing to release an update to the mod that has a bunch of add'l stuff. 

That thing's shelf life has been extensive since there's not been any proper attack helo sims out, with multiple models and a dynamic campaign, in ages.  If they pop out a new version of that supermod sometime soon, I'll definitely have to load it all up on my new rig.

+1. I'm following this on SimHQ, as well. Any idea of when the release will be?

Dunno.  The update sounded pretty cryptic and secretive.    :D


However, the current version of the compilation mod is available here:

http://eechcentral.simhq.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

This update is obviously adding to it, but that 'mega-mod' already has quite the majority of it.  It still looks rather aged but there are lots of helos and campaigns in it, along with new gfx and stuff in general.  It's not a study sim, so you won't be pushing virtual buttons, but it's still a flight sim as evidenced by the key command guide you can gawk at there.

Steelgrave

I will be letting slip the dogs of war and playing Fallen Enchantress as well as 7 Days to Die, maybe slip in a little Unity of Command, Airship Dragoon and Allied Corps to round out the weekend.

undercovergeek

so far i have done a bit of exploring in Endless Legends, built a second city and assimilated the Bos, which is cool because i dont have cavalry units and theyre centaurs - great idea

currently looking for strategic resources so i can beef up my units with better kit

DennisS

Navajo Wars board game, possibly Mage Knights.

PC games..I am strongly considering Airship Dragoon ($5 on Gamersgate this weekend, 75% off), and I am also strongly considering purchasing The Golf Club. The course designer alone would be worth that much to me.

If I get ambitious, then Crusader Kings II, or even Victoria 2 sounds good.