My Got! Ze Super Soviet Cluster Munitions

Started by jomni, May 04, 2014, 02:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jomni

RO2 Session spoiled by myg0t hacker!  It has become more prevalent this week.

Nefaro

WTF?  Is that some kind of artillery hack?


Goddamn cheaters.  They're synonymous with first-person shooters these days.  ::)

Tpek

I hardly saw any super-artillery.
What caught most of my attention is the usual racist drivel uttered by various morons.
From things like "Heil H...." to "Hitler was right", "Slav =/= Human", and such.

RooksBailey

Wow, that hack put on quite a show.  And it sounded like an bombing run from a distance!  I played a bunch of games this week and didn't come across that hack fortunately. 

Can Tripwire patch out hacks like that?

Nice vid!  How did you get so many kills?!? 

BTW: you hear anything about why the official forums have been offline for two or three days now?
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

Quote from: RooksBailey on May 04, 2014, 04:21:17 PM
Wow, that hack put on quite a show.  And it sounded like an bombing run from a distance!  I played a bunch of games this week and didn't come across that hack fortunately. 

Can Tripwire patch out hacks like that?

Nice vid!  How did you get so many kills?!? 

BTW: you hear anything about why the official forums have been offline for two or three days now?

Pretty sure RS/RO2 uses PunkBuster.  Don't they usually update on a regular basis, to get rid of the latest hacks?


RooksBailey

Quote from: Nefaro on May 04, 2014, 05:42:03 PM
Pretty sure RS/RO2 uses PunkBuster.  Don't they usually update on a regular basis, to get rid of the latest hacks?

Don't ask me.  I never understood how PB/VAC worked, was maintained, or any of that stuff.  All I know is I am forced to install it with every shooter.  :)

Quote from: jomniHere's the Steam tread.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/35450/discussions/0/540740500943003525/

Thanks for the link.  I am glad to see Tripwire is already on the case and hope to have a fix out ASAP. 


Unrelated to this hack, I was told the other day that Tripwire was officially working on a West Front expansion.  Is that true?  Can anyone confirm?  Supposedly it was mentioned on the official forums...which are down now.   :(
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

jomni

Western front sounds great since they already have the US and Germany modeled. All we need are the British and Allied vehicles / tanks. Notice they implemented halftracks and troop transports already.

Nefaro

I'm sure they have something new coming out, otherwise they wouldn't have given RO2 out for free.

Hopefully they nuke the cheater population and the douchebags move on soon. 

jomni

@Rook regarding my kills, when you have 300 hours of play, you know where the nice MG spots are.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on May 05, 2014, 03:36:53 AM
@Rook regarding my kills, when you have 300 hours of play, you know where the nice MG spots are.

Holy baby machinegun nest!  Remind me not to play with Jomni.  With that much experience, he probably just camps out in one spot and shoots all us noobs (relatively everyone in this case) while watching television or reading.  Or knitting a sweater.

jomni

#11
Yeah, and when I don't play MG, I know where the MGs are hiding. :D

Some maps are bad for MG. Mostly the Rising Storm maps with the exception of Iwo Jima.

Nefaro

#12
Quote from: jomni on May 05, 2014, 08:47:26 PM
Yeah, and when I don't play MG, I know where the MGs are hiding. :D

Some maps are bad for MG. Mostly the Rising Storm maps with the exception of Iwo Jima.

I also enjoy using an MG, although I haven't anywhere near as much experience playing these games.   I can see how being a gunner in most of the Rising Storm maps wouldn't be very enjoyable.. I guess that's why I've only tended to take one in the RO2 maps, otherwise it's a rifle or SMG.   

Had some decent success with MGs in some of the more open RO2 maps (the most fun type IMO, even if it's just the city rubble maps with wide open street areas).   I specifically recall even doing well with a Russkie DP on the winter map with the trenches and bunkers.

RooksBailey

Quote from: Nefaro on May 05, 2014, 03:17:28 AM
I'm sure they have something new coming out, otherwise they wouldn't have given RO2 out for free.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when they did that two punch of a free give away and the RS sale.  Definitely says "set-up" to me.   :)  Smart move as it really did boost their numbers for a few weeks.  Looks like they are coming down now, though:

http://steamcharts.com/app/35450#7d

Quote from: jomni on May 05, 2014, 03:36:53 AM
@Rook regarding my kills, when you have 300 hours of play, you know where the nice MG spots are.

300 hours?!?  Holy smokes!  And I thought my all time record of 162 hours in Bad Company 2 was a lot!   ;D
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

jomni