Main Menu

Wargame: Red Dragon

Started by Jarhead0331, March 29, 2014, 10:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 13, 2014, 01:29:40 PM
i know most games wont generate 200 pages like Rome II did, but what happened here - is anyone still playing it? Watched a few lets play vids of a guy playing the campaign and it seemed ok, nothing new over ALB except the speed option but he wasnt using it anyway

Was mulling over a purchase but it seems to have had its release moment and then died off

Nothing new? Its got boats, dude. That adds a whole new dimension, moreover, you have several new nationalities with all their OOBs, new maps and the speed option is tremendous.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 13, 2014, 01:57:07 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 13, 2014, 01:29:40 PM
i know most games wont generate 200 pages like Rome II did, but what happened here - is anyone still playing it? Watched a few lets play vids of a guy playing the campaign and it seemed ok, nothing new over ALB except the speed option but he wasnt using it anyway

Was mulling over a purchase but it seems to have had its release moment and then died off

Nothing new? Its got boats, dude. That adds a whole new dimension, moreover, you have several new nationalities with all their OOBs, new maps and the speed option is tremendous.

well, yeah, except that!!!  :P

i could have worded that better

so youre still playing it then?

Jarhead0331

Let's just say it makes my weekend "to do" list regularly...Its a great game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

and youre a fan of the water? some of the lets play ive seen with ten ships wedged in a canal look a mess, but i understand you can choose maps without the water

Gusington

I just bought it from Green Man for 25% off...around 30.00.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek


Gusington

Sales bubble up for it every so often...also I was able to use a voucher when I bought it.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on May 13, 2014, 03:35:05 PM
Sales bubble up for it every so often...also I was able to use a voucher when I bought it.

its this or im considering joining the flight sim brigade but need the advice of the big boys

GDS_Starfury

kts not dead.  I think the yahoos around these parts have swamped themselves with to many games recently.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

As King of the Yahoos you would know.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

my dead pc has let me get through the last 6 months of steam/gog sales unscathed.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


bob48

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 13, 2014, 03:38:23 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 13, 2014, 03:35:05 PM
Sales bubble up for it every so often...also I was able to use a voucher when I bought it.

its this or im considering joining the flight sim brigade but need the advice of the big boys

When you say FS - you talking about FSX or DCS-ROF type stuff?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

im virginal Bob, not a clue - it wont be commercial though - definitely cannons or missiles, dont have an era, dont have a game - just chin scratching at mo

i played Arma III all weekend and decided it wasnt for me, but i still want some good looking action, and if it cant be infantry its got to be in the air

bob48

Well, RoF base game is still a free download as far as I know. You only get 2 aircraft but there are frequent sales where you can pick stuff up really cheap.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

is that WW1?

im not sure bi planes do it for me

im torn between a CloD type game or a full on modern day 1