Don't Call It Alpha Centauri II

Started by tgb, April 12, 2014, 03:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

You didn't say that correctly...


Civ.. INNN SPAAAAAACE!!1

bbmike

Holy $%@#$!!!! Two words that stand out = orbital layer
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

^Does that mean there will be - space ship combat? Does the orbital layer kinda sorta = a shard in Warlock?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

I hope it's like the space layer in Call To Power!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

MuzzyDev

Everything I've seen of this (and they did show a small amount of gameplay at PAX East) makes me think this will not be Civ 5ish or another Alpha Centauri.  AC was pretty grim, and that is not the tone of Civ games.  I'm very excited to see what they have come up with.  AFA dev time, keep in mind that Firaxis has at least two complete teams working on different projects at any given time.  I'm very optimistic we will see a solid game this fall.

Another good article here:
http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/12/5600008/civilization-beyond-earth-trailer-screenshots-announcement-sid-meier

And make no mistake, Sid has a hand in every game that comes out of Firaxis with his name on it.  If you never read or heard any interviews with Jake Solomon (XCOM designer) about how Sid interacts with the teams, they are worth looking up.

Chris--
Chris Parsons
Product Manager, Muzzy Lane

bbmike

Interesting article, thanks Chris. It made me think- I would love to see a future Firaxis game called Sid Meier's Civilization: Return to Earth where those Alpha Centauri (or wherever) survivors return to Earth to find ? ? ?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on April 15, 2014, 05:12:52 PM
I would love to see a future Firaxis game called Sid Meier's Civilization: Return to Earth where those Alpha Centauri (or wherever) survivors return to Earth to find ? ? ?

.. Hookers & Blow ? ?

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

#23
^Close!

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

sandman2575

Quote from: bbmike on April 16, 2014, 05:31:25 AM
^Close!



Arrooo!

Our opponents are the Brain Balls.  They've got a lotta brains, and a lotta chutzpah.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

sandman2575

Futurama rocks.  Actually, I think that quote is not from Head of Nixon, but Zap Brannigan.  Either way, it's one of my faves.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bbmike

McDonough: I'm much more irreverent when it comes to Civ. My favorite Civ was Civilization Revolution, actually. There's a drama there and a speed there and a liveliness that the core Civ kind of lacks, and we're try to bring some of that into this project.

Uuuuhhhhggggg.  :(
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak