Jarhead...I HAVE to know!

Started by solops, June 09, 2014, 10:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


bbmike

Is that the same cat that was reading military strategy earlier?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bbmike on June 10, 2014, 05:49:33 AM
Is that the same cat that was reading military strategy earlier?

Of course.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Sir Slash

I thought the cat WAS Jarhead. It's not an impossibility. My cat helps me with my posts, correcting spelling and gives me her opinion of my thoughts and then she goes to sleep. That should explain a lot.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

My guess is that the Quint avatar is a more realistic representation of the actual Jarhead.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


BanzaiCat

It's funny, I keep thinking if I ever meet any of you in person, I'm going to be disappointed you don't look like your avatars.

Jarhead, not looking like a psychopath wielding sharp blades at the beach or on a boat somewhere.

Star, without a murderous/borderline pedo grin and a red mohawk to boot.

Sir Slash, not looking like a pug, or not wearing a pug t-shirt at least.

Ubercat, without his ears pinned back and a perpetual "WTF is that" look on his face.

Mirth, for not looking like Bill Murray in the slightest.

Bawb, for not wearing a full suit of armor.

Gus, not looking like he's just stuck his unmentionables in a light socket, causing his red hair to stick straight up on end and having a facial expression that somehow measures both unmitigated pleasure and complete shock that he's a dead man now.

...and so on.

Jarhead0331

^FWIW, I highly doubt you look like a cat who is a Japanese kamikazee pilot.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


BanzaiCat

The truth is indeed much stranger than fiction.

Staggerwing

In truth my resemblance to a Pterosaur or DH4 is passing at best. Sadly I am starting to take on many of the attributes of the zeppelin.

Time to switch to light beer.


(Noooooo!!!  :o)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 10, 2014, 01:27:41 PM
It's funny, I keep thinking if I ever meet any of you in person, I'm going to be disappointed you don't look like your avatars.

Jarhead, not looking like a psychopath wielding sharp blades at the beach or on a boat somewhere.

Star, without a murderous/borderline pedo grin and a red mohawk to boot.

Sir Slash, not looking like a pug, or not wearing a pug t-shirt at least.

Ubercat, without his ears pinned back and a perpetual "WTF is that" look on his face.

Mirth, for not looking like Bill Murray in the slightest.

Bawb, for not wearing a full suit of armor.

Gus, not looking like he's just stuck his unmentionables in a light socket, causing his red hair to stick straight up on end and having a facial expression that somehow measures both unmitigated pleasure and complete shock that he's a dead man now.

...and so on.


Star is the only one who does in fact look like his avatar.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mirth on June 10, 2014, 07:50:18 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 10, 2014, 01:27:41 PM
It's funny, I keep thinking if I ever meet any of you in person, I'm going to be disappointed you don't look like your avatars.

Jarhead, not looking like a psychopath wielding sharp blades at the beach or on a boat somewhere.

Star, without a murderous/borderline pedo grin and a red mohawk to boot.

Sir Slash, not looking like a pug, or not wearing a pug t-shirt at least.

Ubercat, without his ears pinned back and a perpetual "WTF is that" look on his face.

Mirth, for not looking like Bill Murray in the slightest.

Bawb, for not wearing a full suit of armor.

Gus, not looking like he's just stuck his unmentionables in a light socket, causing his red hair to stick straight up on end and having a facial expression that somehow measures both unmitigated pleasure and complete shock that he's a dead man now.

...and so on.


Star is the only one who does in fact look like his avatar.

He's also the only one who actually acts like his avatar.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18