Main Menu

Frozen Synapse

Started by RooksBailey, March 04, 2012, 01:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

-budd-

I added you guys to my friends list. Is it Huw or huwie or both so i can add you.  I sent the turn to Rooks.....what a Fu**ed up starting position....ahahaha .. it don't look good :P
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

RooksBailey

#16
Quote from: -budd- on June 28, 2014, 10:06:32 PM
I added you guys to my friends list. Is it Huw or huwie or both so i can add you.  I sent the turn to Rooks.....what a Fu**ed up starting position....ahahaha .. it don't look good :P

Same here with the friends list.

I liked that random map because of the big room set-up.  But I wasn't expecting it to work out too well for me.  The Shape was kind to me.   ^-^

Hey Barthheart, if you want another game just challenge away!  Same for everybody else!  Having fun.   O0

(To bad Shadowrun Returns doesn't have a similar skirmish system.  :( That would be epic too!)

BTW: FS is coming to the Sony Vita!  They changed the look a bit:

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Huw the Poo

Apologies to all - something has come up this weekend, along with guests we weren't expecting, so I'm not sure how much FS I'll be able to play until this evening/tomorrow.

Check dem grafix on the Vita version, eh?!  It looks amazing, although I still prefer the neon aesthetic.

Barthheart

Quote from: RooksBailey on June 29, 2014, 12:33:56 AM
Quote from: -budd- on June 28, 2014, 10:06:32 PM
I added you guys to my friends list. Is it Huw or huwie or both so i can add you.  I sent the turn to Rooks.....what a Fu**ed up starting position....ahahaha .. it don't look good :P

Same here with the friends list.

I liked that random map because of the big room set-up.  But I wasn't expecting it to work out too well for me.  The Shape was kind to me.   ^-^

Hey Barthheart, if you want another game just challenge away!  Same for everybody else!  Having fun.   O0

(To bad Shadowrun Returns doesn't have a similar skirmish system.  :( That would be epic too!)

BTW: FS is coming to the Sony Vita!  They changed the look a bit:



Y'all are friended.

Rooks... Done... and it's a very interesting start....  :P

That FS for Sony looks pretty cool.

Can't seem to get  videos to upload to my youtube channel.... I've done it once before, last year but doesn't work now.....  ???

-budd-

#19
For Huw

you dont have this button?



that is weird. You might just need a patch. I looked for my version # but cant see it anywhere. in my main FS directory there is an update folder and in that there is an update exe. that checks for updates.

Are you Huw or huwie in FS?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Huw the Poo

Budd - thanks.  I don't have the button, and I don't have the store button either.  It's activated through Steam so surely I have the latest version?

I'll try downloading the game from the Mode7 website which will hopefully have the button, then try activating it on Steam again, or something.

-budd-

#21
do you have the update folder in your main FS directory?

i got mine at matrix and the red DLC at GG. Wonder if i am able to get a steam key for them?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Huw the Poo

Oh, I'm huwie in the game by the way. :)

Huw the Poo

Quote from: -budd- on June 29, 2014, 12:23:52 PM
do you have the update folder in your main FS directory?

What do you mean?  I can't see an updates folder anywhere...

Yskonyn

I dont have that button either, Huw... ??
Do we already have that DLC perchance?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

RooksBailey

#25
Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 29, 2014, 03:27:32 AM
Apologies to all - something has come up this weekend, along with guests we weren't expecting, so I'm not sure how much FS I'll be able to play until this evening/tomorrow.

Don't worry about it.  That is the great thing about turn-based games - no rush! 

QuoteCheck dem grafix on the Vita version, eh?!  It looks amazing, although I still prefer the neon aesthetic.

So do I.  In fact, reading some of the comments, it seems most people do.  But I guess they felt that if it was going on a Sony machine, the graphics would have to be more flashy. 

Quote from: BarthheartRooks... Done... and it's a very interesting start....  :P

Yeah, you are getting your revenge in that one!  Ouch! 

QuoteCan't seem to get  videos to upload to my youtube channel.... I've done it once before, last year but doesn't work now.....  ???

It is quirky.  I noticed that after validating my install files, suddenly I couldn't upload to Youtube either...but then it started working again a few games later.  What you could do is select "Record Offline" (I think that is the term in the menu).  What it will do is save the game as "record.ogv" in your FS directory.  Just go into Youtube and upload that file! 



As for this activate DLC button: I do have it.  Maybe if you have it, you already have the RED DLC?  Go into options and see if you can select red mode.  You could also just validate your files on Steam or just delete and reinstall.  It won't mess with your games any.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

-budd-



if you had the red DLC it would show here.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

RooksBailey

Budd just nailed me:



My plan was to turn that dividing wall into one large frag grenade.  Unfortunately, Budd scattered his vatforms before I could do so.  And then I made a mistake by running my RPG into a position from whence he could be shot in the back. 

What a cluster*@^$   ;D
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

-budd-

yea but first you nailed me ;)

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

RooksBailey

Budd and I just finished a Hostage mission.  These are fun because they provide a slightly different formula to the standard elimination.  In hostage, one side is tasked with preventing the hostages from escaping, while the other controls the hostages, and his own team, and must get at least one hostage out of the map alive.  It is very challenging.

This was a good game but it was marred by an oddity where I thought Budd had three guys (a shotgunner, a MG and a sniper).  Turns out there were only two on Budd's team - which is weird because Budd said he saw a dead body in the set-up zone that we can't account for (the missing shotty?). 



I moved my sniper from guarding the hostages right went Budd sent them a runnin'!  And why?  Because I was positive the phantom shotty was coming up behind me!  Urgh!!!!   >:( 

I love this game.   ;D
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway