Histwar: LG becomes Histwar Napoleon

Started by undercovergeek, December 04, 2013, 10:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Quote from: Rayfer on April 15, 2014, 09:41:22 AM
I wonder what impact, if any, Scourge of War going Napoleonic will have on Histwar Napoleon in terms of release dates, sales, comparisions, etc?

Since SOW is going Napoleonic, I don't think I'll bother with Histwar unless they do some pretty amazing stuff with updates.  There's no contest if the SOW version is up to the same standards as the civil war ones.

Rayfer

Quote from: Nefaro on April 15, 2014, 03:07:55 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on April 15, 2014, 09:41:22 AM
I wonder what impact, if any, Scourge of War going Napoleonic will have on Histwar Napoleon in terms of release dates, sales, comparisions, etc?

Since SOW is going Napoleonic, I don't think I'll bother with Histwar unless they do some pretty amazing stuff with updates.  There's no contest if the SOW version is up to the same standards as the civil war ones.

My thoughts exactly.

Grim.Reaper

a new patch released....but not sure how significant...

http://www.histwar.org/mods/file.php?id=248

New management of Artillery.
Adjustments for Infantry/Cavalry behaviours.
New 2D maps. New process for lighting.
A lot of minor adjustments.[/li][/list]


jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on April 15, 2014, 03:07:55 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on April 15, 2014, 09:41:22 AM
I wonder what impact, if any, Scourge of War going Napoleonic will have on Histwar Napoleon in terms of release dates, sales, comparisions, etc?

Since SOW is going Napoleonic, I don't think I'll bother with Histwar unless they do some pretty amazing stuff with updates.  There's no contest if the SOW version is up to the same standards as the civil war ones.

Well a Napoleon game made by the French would naturally be more superior than a Napoleon game made by Americans.
The French should know Napoleon better right?  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on July 03, 2014, 05:38:39 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 15, 2014, 03:07:55 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on April 15, 2014, 09:41:22 AM
I wonder what impact, if any, Scourge of War going Napoleonic will have on Histwar Napoleon in terms of release dates, sales, comparisions, etc?

Since SOW is going Napoleonic, I don't think I'll bother with Histwar unless they do some pretty amazing stuff with updates.  There's no contest if the SOW version is up to the same standards as the civil war ones.

Well a Napoleon game made by the French would naturally be more superior than a Napoleon game made by Americans.
The French should know Napoleon better right?  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Naaa..  AGEOD created the two American Civil War grand strategy games and they're mostly French (and an Argentinian or Brazilian IIRC).




:P

RyanE

Sorry to thread necromance, but I was considering purchasing the newest version of Histwar: Napoleon.  But the forums on their site have been down for a while.  Anyone here played it recently and have an opinion.

Pete Dero

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=230506942&searchtext=histwar

Releasedate : First quarter 2015... maybe before :-)
HistWar, a unique gameplay for demanding players.

Built around a realistic AI, HistWar: Austerlitz immerses you in the Napoleonic battles of 1805 in an epic decorum where hundreds of uniforms shimmer on a sumptuous battlefield.

HistWar: Austerlitz will simulate the major battles of the Austrian campaign of 1805: Haslash, Elchingen, Dürenstein, Schrödingen and Austerlitz. These historically accurate maps will recreate the battlefields where the armies of the 3rd coalition met.
At Austerlitz, on a battlefield of 190 km², maneuver your troops and lead them to victory.

HistWar allows huge armies taking into account the historical chain of command and modeled after the orders of battle relayed by historians. It will have three different scales, 1/6, ½ and1/1. In the latter, each soldier will be represented by its own model (1).
Watch a charge of 1200 cuirassiers.... or observe the firepower of a deployed artillery battery where each canon is represented by a model.


No updates in over a year doesn't look good.

I can access the forums over here without a problem : http://www.histwar.org/forum/ (not much activity anymore it seems ... )




mikeck

 Yes I bought this about a year ago and I am very upset. I paid money for a game it was promised support and the developer for whatever reason has just given up on it. I should've known better based on what happen with the first iteration of this game but oh well lesson learned.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

I also tried this awhile back....thought it had a decent start, but just seems like this game will never be fully supported by the developer.  Haven't touched it in a very long time and unless some major update comes out, likely won't again.

RyanE

Quote from: Pete Dero on December 05, 2015, 05:23:43 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=230506942&searchtext=histwar

Releasedate : First quarter 2015... maybe before :-)
HistWar, a unique gameplay for demanding players.

Built around a realistic AI, HistWar: Austerlitz immerses you in the Napoleonic battles of 1805 in an epic decorum where hundreds of uniforms shimmer on a sumptuous battlefield.

HistWar: Austerlitz will simulate the major battles of the Austrian campaign of 1805: Haslash, Elchingen, Dürenstein, Schrödingen and Austerlitz. These historically accurate maps will recreate the battlefields where the armies of the 3rd coalition met.
At Austerlitz, on a battlefield of 190 km², maneuver your troops and lead them to victory.

HistWar allows huge armies taking into account the historical chain of command and modeled after the orders of battle relayed by historians. It will have three different scales, 1/6, ½ and1/1. In the latter, each soldier will be represented by its own model (1).
Watch a charge of 1200 cuirassiers.... or observe the firepower of a deployed artillery battery where each canon is represented by a model.


No updates in over a year doesn't look good.

I can access the forums over here without a problem : http://www.histwar.org/forum/ (not much activity anymore it seems ... )

Thanks...but I didn't need a Press Release on the game.  I was looking for someone who actually played it.  I was looking at histwar.com for the forum.  That is where I was getting the forum error (500).  Why is there a .org?

And thanks to the others that gave me feedback...I'll skip it.

RyanE

I went to the forum on histwar.org and there has been some minimal activity, but nothing about status of the game.  Looks like it went down the crapper.

Grim.Reaper

Not sure if you saw, but they do have a demo you could try....

http://vds98.monespace.net/hw-com/game/demo.html

Again, I think it has some good ideas (I like the planning on the map) and if it was ever fully supported, probably could be a decent game....but in my opinion this developer has an erratic record even when he was first with Battlefront...its a shame.

RyanE

I tried a demo of the first game...I'll look to see if there is one for the second.  Demos to me are usually so limited that I only use them to see if the game will run well.  I usually look at forums to assess progress.  And HW's forums are a disaster.  They seem to expose the cold hard truth that this JMM guy ran off with the money.

I didn't know it was on Steam until recently.  I'll check that next.  But just the limited feedback here pretty much says it all to me.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: RyanE on December 05, 2015, 06:35:16 PM
I tried a demo of the first game...I'll look to see if there is one for the second.  Demos to me are usually so limited that I only use them to see if the game will run well.  I usually look at forums to assess progress.  And HW's forums are a disaster.  They seem to expose the cold hard truth that this JMM guy ran off with the money.

I didn't know it was on Steam until recently.  I'll check that next.  But just the limited feedback here pretty much says it all to me.

The demo is for the latest released version of the game Napoleon...as for Steam, I don't believe any version has been released there yet, I think they got a Greenlight on their next version to be there, but hasn't been released yet unless I am missing something.  And based on past history, likely won't be released for awhile:)

RyanE

#119
Yeah...there seems to be a little more activity on Steam and Facebook, but JMM just seems to keep saying they are working on it every few months.  I'm not bothering with a demo on a dead game.

btw...thanks for all the replies.