RYSE Son of Rome Coming to PC this Fall

Started by trek, August 09, 2014, 12:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

trek

Saw this in the news yesterday. I was just a day away from buying an XBOX One at Target as they have the console  (sans kinect) on sale thru today for the regular price of $399.99 but with a Target $50 gift card included.

I know this game got  mixed reviews but I've lusted after this title since it came out. I've watched all the videos and really think the weapon combat and finishing moves look great even though like Assassin's Creed they use QTEs.

The even better news about the game coming to PC this fall is that it will include all the additional DLC that you had to purchase on the XBOX as well as additional content not included in the console game. This will be a nice complement to playing Rome 2 TW as I can now get down n' dirty as a fully fleshed character in the Roman era. XBOX PC controller support will be included.

Grim.Reaper

This was the first game I bought on my new xbox one....has great graphics and loved the finishing moves you can do, but really got bogged down for me....seemed to get fairly repetitive for me and never finished it.  I guess will see how the PC version turns out, never downloaded any DLC so maybe that makes it better.

Gusington

I was depressed that it was only out for consoles. Of course interested in getting Ryse. Will check out peeps' impressions upon release.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

tgb


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

This is surprising news. Hopefully it won't be a sloppy port.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: tgb on August 09, 2014, 03:31:49 PM
Never heard of it.  What is it?

Basically like a FPS action game, but back in roman times...you use the roman weapons to fight your way through missions versus guns and such.  It has some good things in it and really looked great, just wished there was more variety.  I am sure it will sell well on the PC since no other game really like it.

undercovergeek


Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 09, 2014, 04:42:24 PM
Quote from: tgb on August 09, 2014, 03:31:49 PM
Never heard of it.  What is it?

Basically like a FPS action game, but back in roman times...you use the roman weapons to fight your way through missions versus guns and such.  It has some good things in it and really looked great, just wished there was more variety.  I am sure it will sell well on the PC since no other game really like it.

It's not first person, it's third person.  There is no shortage of third person hackers with RPG elements on the PC.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 09, 2014, 05:09:13 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 09, 2014, 04:42:24 PM
Quote from: tgb on August 09, 2014, 03:31:49 PM
Never heard of it.  What is it?

Basically like a FPS action game, but back in roman times...you use the roman weapons to fight your way through missions versus guns and such.  It has some good things in it and really looked great, just wished there was more variety.  I am sure it will sell well on the PC since no other game really like it.

It's not first person, it's third person.

Sorry, you are correct...was just more meaning how the action plays out..but your right.

Nefaro

#11
It has some RPG elements in it?

Sounds enticing, if so.  However, 1st/3rd-person console ports usually make me nauseous (literally) as a rule.  I wish there were some way to ascertain that for sure before I purchased.  I can often get a good idea if I see others complaining about it though.  :'(

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on August 09, 2014, 05:53:57 PM
It has some RPG elements in it?

Sounds enticing, if so.  However, 1st/3rd-person console ports usually make me nauseous (literally) as a rule.  I wish there were some way to ascertain that for sure before I purchased.  I can often get a good idea if I see others complaining about it though.  :'(

In a number of these games I also get a little motion sickness, but at least on the xbox one and this game, I did not have that issue at all.

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 09, 2014, 05:59:05 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on August 09, 2014, 05:53:57 PM
It has some RPG elements in it?

Sounds enticing, if so.  However, 1st/3rd-person console ports usually make me nauseous (literally) as a rule.  I wish there were some way to ascertain that for sure before I purchased.  I can often get a good idea if I see others complaining about it though.  :'(

In a number of these games I also get a little motion sickness, but at least on the xbox one and this game, I did not have that issue at all.


Good to hear.  :)

Grim.Reaper

Looks like released today for $39 at steam....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/302510/

Since I have on Xbox One version, no intention to pick it up...it has great graphics and I love the time period, just felt like doing the same thing to me.