So, what Matrix games would sell well on Steam?

Started by JasonPratt, May 01, 2014, 11:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat

Uhh...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261470/

Distant Worlds, anyone? Or is this not right (it does say "universe" at the end...) - I never played it so I don't know.

JasonPratt

Quote from: sandman2575 on August 15, 2014, 10:29:26 AM
Also hope that the other Viktor Reikjerz titles will be offered now that AT Gold is up:  Decisive Campaigns Warsaw to Paris and Case Blue.  Again, both are absolute gems.

This, this, a thousand times this!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 15, 2014, 08:59:00 AM
Since early May, by the way, when the thread started we've seen Distant Worlds go up (as Distant Worlds Universe)

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 15, 2014, 11:30:32 AM
Uhh...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261470/

Distant Worlds, anyone? Or is this not right (it does say "universe" at the end...) - I never played it so I don't know.

Yep, that's the full DW collection, including the newest expansion.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

And you guys all think DW is the cat's meow, I take it?

I love good space-themed 4x games, but haven't gotten into one lately. I do have GCII, but keep getting distracted by shiny bits elsewhere.

Martok

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 15, 2014, 01:01:49 PM
And you guys all think DW is the cat's meow, I take it?

I love good space-themed 4x games, but haven't gotten into one lately. I do have GCII, but keep getting distracted by shiny bits elsewhere.
Buyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyit. 


(Hey, I never said I was subtle. :P ) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Martok on August 15, 2014, 01:34:15 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 15, 2014, 01:01:49 PM
And you guys all think DW is the cat's meow, I take it?

I love good space-themed 4x games, but haven't gotten into one lately. I do have GCII, but keep getting distracted by shiny bits elsewhere.
Buyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyit. 


(Hey, I never said I was subtle. :P ) 

LOL. That's a glowing recommendation. However, I won't buy it for sixty bucks...no way in hell that would go over well in my house. Too bad they don't offer the base game.

Senex

Let's turn the question around:

What Matrix games shouldn't be on Steam?

Yeah, some Matrix games are very much "niche" games, but I've seen games for sale on Steam which are highly niche-y (he said philosophically).


Staggerwing

Quote from: jomni on August 15, 2014, 06:51:12 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen...

Advanced Tactics Gold
http://store.steampowered.com/app/310390/

So if I already own AT:Gold from Matrix do I get a Steam key?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 15, 2014, 01:01:49 PM
And you guys all think DW is the cat's meow, I take it?

I love good space-themed 4x games, but haven't gotten into one lately. I do have GCII, but keep getting distracted by shiny bits elsewhere.

I just couldn't get into GalCiv I or II.  Just too thin for my tastes.   Gimme the Distant Worlds info onslaught any day!

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 15, 2014, 04:14:03 PM
Quote from: Martok on August 15, 2014, 01:34:15 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 15, 2014, 01:01:49 PM
And you guys all think DW is the cat's meow, I take it?

I love good space-themed 4x games, but haven't gotten into one lately. I do have GCII, but keep getting distracted by shiny bits elsewhere.
Buyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyit. 


(Hey, I never said I was subtle. :P ) 

LOL. That's a glowing recommendation. However, I won't buy it for sixty bucks...no way in hell that would go over well in my house. Too bad they don't offer the base game.

DW: Universe is the whole collection.  It's a standalone that includes all previous releases.

Great Ajax

You have to register your serial thru slitherine.com.  Once you key is registered, you can redeem a Steam key.

Trey

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 15, 2014, 05:59:09 PM
Quote from: jomni on August 15, 2014, 06:51:12 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen...

Advanced Tactics Gold
http://store.steampowered.com/app/310390/

So if I already own AT:Gold from Matrix do I get a Steam key?

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys