Main Menu

Wargame: Red Dragon

Started by Jarhead0331, March 29, 2014, 10:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RooksBailey

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 18, 2014, 04:56:14 PM
So it seems to have finally been reduced to my price range....only $13.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-WGRD/wargame-red-dragon

Darn, at that price range I should buy it.  But I am just not in the mood to grab this game yet.  I am still a little miffed that more wasn't done with ALB.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Toonces

Do you get a Steam key, or do you have to d/l from Gamersgate?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on August 18, 2014, 05:37:25 PM
Do you get a Steam key, or do you have to d/l from Gamersgate?

Pretty sure it only runs through Steam.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Toonces on August 18, 2014, 05:37:25 PM
Do you get a Steam key, or do you have to d/l from Gamersgate?

Steam key

Toonces

Heh.  You snooze, you lose.

I was over at SimHQ and saw that someone posted the price had jumped back up.  Sure enough, I clicked on the link and it's back to $27, not $13.

I saw it yesterday for $13 and saw that the sale was good for another 13 days so I figured I'd just buy it later.  That was a $14 mistake!   :tickedoff:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

#200
Quote from: Toonces on August 19, 2014, 01:22:36 PM
Heh.  You snooze, you lose.

I was over at SimHQ and saw that someone posted the price had jumped back up.  Sure enough, I clicked on the link and it's back to $27, not $13.

I saw it yesterday for $13 and saw that the sale was good for another 13 days so I figured I'd just buy it later.  That was a $14 mistake!   :tickedoff:


In Soviet Russia...


-budd-

Did they ever patch EE so you don't have to go through all the missions to unlock everything for your deck?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Boggit

Quote from: -budd- on August 19, 2014, 01:35:54 PM
Did they ever patch EE so you don't have to go through all the missions to unlock everything for your deck?
I haven't played it for a bit, but I think so.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

Quote from: -budd- on August 19, 2014, 01:35:54 PM
Did they ever patch EE so you don't have to go through all the missions to unlock everything for your deck?

Why you still play EE?   ALB has been dirt cheap numerous times and now Red Dragon is nearly there.  ???

-budd-

Quote from: Nefaro on August 19, 2014, 04:26:34 PM
Quote from: -budd- on August 19, 2014, 01:35:54 PM
Did they ever patch EE so you don't have to go through all the missions to unlock everything for your deck?

Why you still play EE?   ALB has been dirt cheap numerous times and now Red Dragon is nearly there.  ???

Well because i bought it ;) ....... I play ALB because i dont have to unlock anything and im not sure how red dragon would perform on my system. I'd really like to get through more of EE and ALB before i move on try red dragon. I looked and couldn't find anything about them unlocking the units in EE, at least without swapping files with someone who has already unlocked everything.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

RedArgo

Weird purchase, I got it at the $13 yesterday, but they had to do a manual review of my transaction, which took until this morning and now when I go to get the serial number, it says they are out and should have more in 2 days.  Glad I'm not in any hurry to play.  :)

Nefaro

Quote from: RedArgo on August 19, 2014, 06:55:25 PM
Weird purchase, I got it at the $13 yesterday, but they had to do a manual review of my transaction, which took until this morning and now when I go to get the serial number, it says they are out and should have more in 2 days.  Glad I'm not in any hurry to play.  :)

At least they're on it quickly.  When I purchased the first DCS Black Shark on Steam, the devs had sent new ones within a couple days but the Steam Monkeys didn't get around to distributing them for about a week and a half.  I don't think they even paid attention to the CS tickets we were sending in about it for quite awhile, just sending us canned replies that had nothing to do with the issue.

endfire79

quick heads up Wargame Red Dragon is $10.99 CAN on Steam right now.
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

undercovergeek

fairly hefty steam update today - new maps, lots of balancing and tweaks

and whatever theyve done to air land battle, i cant win a skirmish at all - very challenging - will be getting back into this to teach it a lesson

Shelldrake

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 16, 2016, 10:44:23 AM
fairly hefty steam update today - new maps, lots of balancing and tweaks

and whatever theyve done to air land battle, i cant win a skirmish at all - very challenging - will be getting back into this to teach it a lesson

New maps will get me back into Red Dragon. Thanks for the heads up.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell