Free-key Monday for Making History: The Great War

Started by MuzzyDev, June 02, 2014, 12:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rayfer

After invading and quite easily defeating then annexing Mexico....the real nightmare began.  Hordes of rebel militia (more powerful than the Mexican army) continually form in area after area, turn after turn, giving me a very difficult time. It's like the real war has just begun. If you don't crush them immediately they move up into southwest USA taking over undended areas in Arizona, Nevada, Texas and New Mexico. 

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Rayfer

#108
They went into Southern California but I had some troops there sufficient to fend them off. Those rebel militia are tough little buggers.

steve58

#109
...nevermind.  think I figgured it out  :-[
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Rayfer on August 22, 2014, 10:07:54 AM
After invading and quite easily defeating then annexing Mexico....the real nightmare began.  Hordes of rebel militia (more powerful than the Mexican army) continually form in area after area, turn after turn, giving me a very difficult time. It's like the real war has just begun. If you don't crush them immediately they move up into southwest USA taking over undended areas in Arizona, Nevada, Texas and New Mexico.

I detached 3 units stacks on each province as I took them.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Rayfer

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 22, 2014, 07:45:02 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on August 22, 2014, 10:07:54 AM
After invading and quite easily defeating then annexing Mexico....the real nightmare began.  Hordes of rebel militia (more powerful than the Mexican army) continually form in area after area, turn after turn, giving me a very difficult time. It's like the real war has just begun. If you don't crush them immediately they move up into southwest USA taking over undended areas in Arizona, Nevada, Texas and New Mexico.

I detached 3 units stacks on each province as I took them.

A wise decision on your part and one I didn't make....I detached 1 in each province which proved insufficient.

MuzzyDev

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying the game!!  Please do us a favor and give us a recommendation on Steam.  It really helps the game get seen.

We will continue to balance militia but it's nice to see instability is working!

BTW, I was on vacation last week until today so that's why no keys last week.  I will post some later today.

Chris--
Chris Parsons
Product Manager, Muzzy Lane

GDS_Starfury

When I somehow triggered the 2nd US civil war I can understand rebel units on American soil but not in every province I've taken globally.  I would also like more instructipn on how the government screens work  so I can keep my people happy and avoid such things.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


MuzzyDev

Thanks for the feedback.  The government screens will be in the next manual update.  There are a lot of changes to the AI happening right now, both to make it smarter and to improve the overall performance of the game. 

In general, people are happy when they're fed and winning.  If conquered, the more differences in demographics, the more unhappy they will be.

Chris--
Chris Parsons
Product Manager, Muzzy Lane

MuzzyDev

Here they are, two more keys!!

7JNJN-7TPEG-RDQIX
C99A2-ZLBVZ-IX3TN
Chris Parsons
Product Manager, Muzzy Lane

Deadskin

Woot !! got the 2nd one. Thank you, I enjoyed the other making history games.

OJsDad

Steam installed the latest version but I cannot get it to run. It always crashes after I click next on the country selection screen.  It seems to try and load the game, then nothing happens.  A crash file message has come up a couple of times, but the file disappears.

Anyone get this to work.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Rayfer

Quote from: OJsDad on September 02, 2014, 08:57:25 PM
Steam installed the latest version but I cannot get it to run. It always crashes after I click next on the country selection screen.  It seems to try and load the game, then nothing happens.  A crash file message has come up a couple of times, but the file disappears.

Anyone get this to work.

I've been playing it on a 64 bit Vista rig thats 5 years old....no issues at all, runs fine.

GDS_Starfury

if I payed a bit more attention I could most likely have taken the world as Britan.  as is I'm 39 turns aways from the end and Ive just started my American invasion.  my Empire covers all of Europe, Africa, Russia, China....  shit its easier to list what I dont have.  final global screenshot to follow soon.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.