Front Page Sports Football Returning - Can this be true?

Started by Grim.Reaper, August 01, 2014, 07:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Swatter

Some skepticism is definitely warranted, but I will be keeping a close eye on it.

MetalDog

A press release in my inbox yesterday from Cyanide Studios:


September 16, 2014 – The most iconic name in football sims, Front Page Sports Football, is warmed up and taking to the field September 25, and today Cyanide Studio offers a quick look at how to plan and execute your strategy for a game using Gameplan and Playbook.

Front Page Sports Football allows you to prepare for your next opponent in two ways; delving through a team or individual player's stats, such as rushing and passing and much more; and by watching your opponents' previous games in 2D or 3D to get inside their tactics.

Armed with this knowledge, you can customize your Gameplan with plays to hammer at your opponent's weakness. On the field, your players will choose the appropriate play for the situation from the Gameplan, but the best coaches know how to adapt, changing the Gameplan on the fly to maximize an advantage or respond to a crisis.

Your Playbook is a handpicked collection of 80 offensive and 60 defensive strategies drawn from over 2,300 plays. But, a play is only as strong as the athletes on the field. Effectiveness hinges not only on a player's position and stats, but also his previous experience with the play.

Each player has over 20 stats capable of influencing plays and the overall gameplan, including weight, agility, speed, morale, and even fame. Of course, proper training is critical, and it's up to you whether you push for quick and short-lived gains for the next game, or focus on developing better overall players for the seasons to come.

Front Page Sports Football launches September 25, 2014 for PC. You can find more info and the newly released screenshots at:

http://www.frontpage-sportsfootball.com
https://www.facebook.com/FrontPageFootball


Not sure if any or all of this info has already been discussed, but, I thought I would drop this in here as it's the official dope.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Nefaro on September 16, 2014, 10:05:39 PM
I'm more intrigued than before after seeing those screenshots.

The non-native English is shining through in some areas and the web page, however.   I still wonder how polished this will be.

Also hoping someone mods the official teams and players in before long.

I'm totally in for doing up rosters, assuming they release an explanation of how different stats affect different positions and the like.

Grim.Reaper

They have been pretty quiet so far as it relates to modifying things...hopefully it will be mod friendly, especially with simple things like team names and logos.

KyzBP

Is it multi-player and, if so, when does the Grogheads Football League start?

BanzaiCat


PanzersEast


Grim.Reaper

#67
Tomorrow is the day for release....now they have a steam page for it with some screens and a video that gives your more info.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/316700/

Few items of note...

1)  In the video, looks like you can customize your team name, nickname, logo, and team colors (hopefully you can customize the other teams as well).  I could have missed it, but did not see anything that showed player editing.
2)  On Facebook they indicated solo game only, no multiplayer
3)  I am also starting to wonder if this only allows a single season play through, versus career.  Most of their verbiage mentions a season, versus anything that ever states career.  Although I would much prefer career, I still could get some fun out of single seasons.

Who knows how good it will actually be, but after watching the video, its definitely worth a shot for me, especially since only $19....we'll find out in a little over a day:)

PanzersEast

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 24, 2014, 04:15:57 AM
Tomorrow is the day for release....now they have a steam page for it with some screens and a video that gives your more info.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/316700/

Few items of note...

1)  In the video, looks like you can customize your team name, nickname, logo, and team colors (hopefully you can customize the other teams as well).  I could have missed it, but did not see anything that showed player editing.
2)  On Facebook they indicated solo game only, no multiplayer
3)  I am also starting to wonder if this only allows a single season play through, versus career.  Most of their verbiage mentions a season, versus anything that ever states career.  Although I would much prefer career, I still could get some fun out of single seasons.

Who knows how good it will actually be, but after watching the video, its definitely worth a shot for me, especially since only $19....we'll find out in a little over a day:)


While I have tried to optimistic and open... the season aspect is a let down.  We have waited forever for a good American Football sports management sim and I was hoping for a fully updated version of FPS Football.... guess we will have to wait and see on the season..... no multiplayer or league support will hurt their sales.


PE

Grim.Reaper

well, so much for tomorrow's release....delayed until next week according to this message.




Due to some issues found by our QA team, the release of Front Page Sports Football has been posponed to next week. We prefer to polish the game a little bit more, to offer you a better experience.

The game will be available next week, you can already check the game page on Steam!
>> http://store.steampowered.com/app/316700

Don't hesitate to ask your questions in the Community Hub. Thank you for your support and your understanding.

PanzersEast

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 24, 2014, 01:37:02 PM
well, so much for tomorrow's release....delayed until next week according to this message.




Due to some issues found by our QA team, the release of Front Page Sports Football has been posponed to next week. We prefer to polish the game a little bit more, to offer you a better experience.

The game will be available next week, you can already check the game page on Steam!
>> http://store.steampowered.com/app/316700

Don't hesitate to ask your questions in the Community Hub. Thank you for your support and your understanding.

Just asked the question about Season or Career play.....


PE

Swatter

I am still very skeptical and am becoming more so each day. The game is so close to release, yet info is extremely sparse. That usually is a good tip-off for a game broken at release. I was hoping they would do a press push close to release, but they haven't. Nobody, press or otherwise, really understands how the game plays. Even the official feature list creates more questions than it answers. Every indication points to a cash grab. I hope I am wrong.

Regardless, I am only going to purchase this game via trusted word of mouth. Right now, I can see the two trains closing on each other, the only thing left to do is grab your iPhone and get ready.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Swatter on September 24, 2014, 02:40:54 PM
I am still very skeptical and am becoming more so each day. The game is so close to release, yet info is extremely sparse. That usually is a good tip-off for a game broken at release. I was hoping they would do a press push close to release, but they haven't. Nobody, press or otherwise, really understands how the game plays. Even the official feature list creates more questions than it answers. Every indication points to a cash grab. I hope I am wrong.

Regardless, I am only going to purchase this game via trusted word of mouth. Right now, I can see the two trains closing on each other, the only thing left to do is grab your iPhone and get ready.

I think we all have every reason to be skeptical or at least go in with very low expectations.  I am personally not looking at it as the "real" FPS Football and trying to think about it as likely a casual cheap version of football that I hope to get $19 worth of enjoyment out of.  If we set our expectations any higher, we all will be disappointed.

Arctic Blast

I'm baffled by the ratings pages. If there's a Kick rating, what the Hell is 'Foot' for? I see one for Arm, but nothing that would seem to affect throw accuracy?

Then again, the original FPS games had odd ratings as well. Different stats meant different things for different positions all over the place.

PanzersEast

#74

Developer responded to my question about Multiple Seasons vs just on Season.

From the Devs
QuoteYes you can lead your team through numerous seasons, not only one. As Kruelgor said, you'll be able to watch your team progress in many ways, seasons after seasons!

It is a wait and see..... my expectations are so low you have to peel it off of my shoes.


PE