Front Page Sports Football Returning - Can this be true?

Started by Grim.Reaper, August 01, 2014, 07:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bbmike

Very, VERY early first impressions: Game is slow when AI is running for other teams games, the playbooks look limited (might be more, not sure), the graphics look tiny when playing a game, graphics aren't real smooth, no sound, customization options look good. More to come...
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Are the teams NFL real-world or just silly similar team names (e.g. instead of Houston Texans they have Houston Toros or Apollos or something weird). The screenshots on the Steam page seem to indicate the latter, silly names.
Are there real-world NFL players? Doesn't seem like there will be if the teams themselves aren't represented.

No sound? Pfft. That's a huge strike against.

I was on the fence but from this initial feedback I doubt I'll be buying it for a good, long while.

JudgeDredd

#107
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 02, 2014, 12:25:08 PM
Are the teams NFL real-world or just silly similar team names (e.g. instead of Houston Texans they have Houston Toros or Apollos or something weird). The screenshots on the Steam page seem to indicate the latter, silly names.
Are there real-world NFL players? Doesn't seem like there will be if the teams themselves aren't represented.

No sound? Pfft. That's a huge strike against.

I was on the fence but from this initial feedback I doubt I'll be buying it for a good, long while.
Teams are Seattle Hornets, Miami Sharks etc - you can change the second part of the name - but I'm not sure if you can do that for all teams or just yours...and you can definitely do it for your own team

No sound is a bummer for me. It wasn't too bad in OOTP because you just simulated most games. But these you want to watch playout as there's so few over the year) - so no sound is a killer - that and the very small display.

I don't know about real world players so can't comment - actually the Denver Broncos have P. Manneng instead of P Manning - so yeah - the names aren't real either. In fact, apart from the City name, there's nothing official in the game at all (maybe stats for players - but I wouldn't know)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

bbmike

Silly similar names for both teams and players. You can rename your team, change colors and logos. It looks like you can create and upload custom logos. Looking through the data files I can't see where you would create/edit players. I also can't find a way in game to edit players.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Sheeeeeit. Even Gridiron Solitaire has friggin' sound. >:(

PanzersEast

This kick is up and its............ wide right  :tickedoff:

Oh well.... looks like the wait continues.

PE

bbmike

So you can't upload custom team logos. You can upload a custom avatar for your coach only! Yeah, I'm already gonna suggest you wait on this one. In the meantime I'll keep trying to see what else is missing...
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

QuoteUser reviews:   Negative (1 reviews)

And so it begins...LOL.

I think they missed the whole point of our expectations when they named this what they did.

PanzersEast

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 02, 2014, 12:44:33 PM
I think they missed the whole point of our expectations when they named this what they did.

I agree with this, they set themselves up for failure and they obviously did not consider the raised expectations of the game because of using a Franchise Name like FPS.  If you are going to use the name, you have to meet and/or exceed your predecessors functionality/features.


PE

Steelgrave

So far it sounds like a money grab by unscrupulous designers.  :-[

bbmike

Quote from: Steelgrave on October 02, 2014, 01:02:53 PM
So far it sounds like a money grab by unscrupulous designers.  :-[

I'm still hoping that isn't the case. It might just be that it was released way too early. There is potential here if they keep working on it.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Steelgrave

Quote from: bbmike on October 02, 2014, 01:13:58 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on October 02, 2014, 01:02:53 PM
So far it sounds like a money grab by unscrupulous designers.  :-[

I'm still hoping that isn't the case. It might just be that it was released way too early. There is potential here if they keep working on it.

I do too. Many are the times that I've wished for an updated FPS Football on my PC. I bought every version every year they came out.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Steelgrave on October 02, 2014, 01:02:53 PM
So far it sounds like a money grab by unscrupulous designers.  :-[

It's Cyanide Studios. Is anyone REALLY surprised?

This sounds like a disaster. And with what appears to be zero editing ability at all, it's pretty much dead on arrival. Sigh.

Steelgrave


PanzersEast

Well.....

The bright side is I will take the money set aside for this title and purchase..... Defender of the Crown  :D


PE