RYSE Son of Rome Coming to PC this Fall

Started by trek, August 09, 2014, 12:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on October 13, 2014, 03:29:49 PM
Hopefully there is some DLC on the way.

Yes. I'd like to see other theaters, like Egypt and Gaul, or maybe Carthage, etc.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on October 13, 2014, 05:31:40 PM
Does Ryse take place around 400 AD?

Pelluhhaps you sheweld awsk your fwiend, Biggus Dickus? Pelluhhaps he is a Wohman and knows of these things.


Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on October 13, 2014, 05:31:40 PM
Does Ryse take place around 400 AD?

It is impossible to date. It is very ahistorical. Nero is the Emperor and he ruled in approximately 60 AD.  Additionally, the armor worn by the Romans is also early period lorica segmentata, so again, 70 to 80 AD. However, Rome does get sacked by barbarians in the game, so this leads one to believe it takes place perhaps much later.  Who knows?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JasonPratt

And sacked by... elephants.

Irish elephants.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 13, 2014, 06:25:42 PM
And sacked by... elephants.

Irish elephants.

I haven't seen any elephants yet. In the game, you're actually fighting the Britons...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

OK - I won't get too hung up on dates then.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd


Jarhead0331

The final chapters take sort of a bizarre twist...and yes, there are elephants.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


trek

Jarhead,
I take it you finished the game. I played it non-stop until after the attack with the  elephants and then took a break for awhile. I just came back to it and I'm at the part where I'm manning another ballista  with my men and I'm fighting off more barbarians featuring some big badass with two big hammers! He's a pain to take down but eventually I'll get him! How much more of the game do I have to complete after this?