Dragon Age Inquisition

Started by SgtRock, September 07, 2013, 12:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat

Admittedly I didn't finish DA2. It just didn't engage me. I remember I didn't finish DA1 at the time either, went back to it and finished it, and that's probably the spark that got me off of DA2.


Grim.Reaper

Based on the reviews, looks like something I'll pick up....haven't found many great deals on it, best I have seen is at GMG for $48 (using coupon code of NOVEMB-ERGMGX-20XOFF).

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/dragon-age-inquisition-na/

Tpek

#33
A review of an AAA title from the biggest companies made by the big-sites,
These are pretty much guaranteed to be near-perfect scores (at the very least). These guys get paid for it.

I'm reserving my judgement of the game until I play it (or at least read your opinions)

EDIT: According to Origin pre-load is up :)
I might actually start it later today.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tpek on November 11, 2014, 07:07:53 AM
A review of an AAA title from the biggest companies made by the big-sites,
These are pretty much guaranteed to be near-perfect scores (at the very least). These guys get paid for it.

I'm reserving my judgement of the game until I play it (or at least read your opinions)

EDIT: According to Origin pre-load is up :)
I might actually start it later today.

I have never really bought into every review site is doing a major publisher/developer a favor by giving them great scores....but at the same time, nor do I completely think that my own opinions will 100% match the reviewers.  I just consider it another source of information (much more interested in the verbiage, not the scores) and combine this with some of the preview videos, I think it has a chance to be above average....good enough for me nowadays:)

Grim.Reaper

A link to the Bioware forums where a ton more reviews shown...too many to link here:)

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/518325-da-i-critics-reviews-mega-thread/

Tpek

Seems I was too hasty.
The Origin store sure loves to mislead, as pre-load is still unavailable.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tpek on November 11, 2014, 08:09:41 AM
Seems I was too hasty.
The Origin store sure loves to mislead, as pre-load is still unavailable.

Just curious, did you buy standard or deluxe version?  Trying to see if deluxe is worth it or not.

Tpek


Rayfer

From RPG watch....a collection of various reviews. Most of the numbers look good. http://www.rpgwatch.com/#29621

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tpek on November 11, 2014, 10:04:13 AM
^Deluxe.

Thanks...currently torn between the two.....do they usually make the deluxe content available for purchase after release?  It would be a $20 difference for me to buy the standard versus deluxe version.

Tpek

I'm not sure, though my guess would be no.
There's also some supposedly pre-order-exclusive stuff you get.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tpek on November 11, 2014, 02:23:45 PM
I'm not sure, though my guess would be no.
There's also some supposedly pre-order-exclusive stuff you get.

Ok, thank you....I'll have to think about it...just not sure worth the extra $20.....but don't want to regret not picking it up either:)

Grim.Reaper

Well, I couldn't resist....I have joined the club in pre-ordering....too many positive comments floating around to pass up.  I believe tomorrow we'll start seeing more impressions because the Xbox One users should be able to start playing using EA's early access program, if they bought it.

Gusington

Looking at Metacrtic this morning I saw that it had an 89% overall rating.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd