Dragon Age Inquisition

Started by SgtRock, September 07, 2013, 12:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Going back to an earlier topic for a moment: I noticed while looking into the PS3 versions of the series that an Origin registration was still necessary. I wonder if that means I can import "keeps" into new games across platforms?

It seems to imply that I wouldn't be able to play a "used" game at any rate (thus couldn't lend it out to the guys at work either).

Weirdly, a huge number of "new" DA:OUA PS3 games being sold on Amazon by independents, come from Japan. I've heard there are localization problems from doing that.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

Game is supposed to be released for us Worlders any minute now! :)

Gusington

Mentally preparing to take on that demon in a little bit...and then jump into the world.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Just beat the pride demon, finally. Took ~10 tries! That was a long prologue. Happy and relieved to have cracked this game open.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on November 19, 2014, 10:08:52 PM
Just beat the pride demon, finally. Took ~10 tries! That was a long prologue. Happy and relieved to have cracked this game open.

You must be proud :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on November 19, 2014, 10:08:52 PM
Just beat the pride demon, finally. Took ~10 tries! That was a long prologue. Happy and relieved to have cracked this game open.

What level are you playing at? I beat it on the first try without too much effort. I'm playing on the medium difficulty level.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

Also playing on medium. Once I realized that the rift could be targeted if I just got close enough, it got much easier. I thought there were only certain windows where the rift was vulnerable.

Also - is there a toggle for walking/running?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Anyone playing? I'm about 12 hours in, Level 5 Rogue. The UI is clumsy but I am still playing with a mouse and keyboard. The lore is fantastic. Finally have put together a really effective party as well...Two warriors, my rogue and a high powered mage. Just started to kick ass a few minutes ago and I feel I am on the verge of the game really opening up nicely.

Some features are great, like the war room. I love the functionality of the map too, and how players unlock areas as they explore them. It feels natural. Combat could be streamlined but it's enjoyable.

This isn't Skyrim but I don't think it's really supposed to be. But it could become my favorite RPG since Skyrim. I actually think the lore is better here.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

panzerde

Started playing it a couple of days ago, probably have 3-4 hours into it. Level 4 warrior.


My perception of the game is right along with yours. Combat is clumsier than I'd like, but I'm getting the hang of it and it is enjoyable. I'm hoping for some improvement in the tactical view in a future patch. I completely agree on the War Room and the map. I really, really like the functionality of the map. That's nicely done.


The lore of this setting has always been the strong point. It took me a bit to realize I was in the mountain village of Haven and outside the Temple of Sacred Ashes from DA:O. When that clicked the game was suddenly a lot more alive for me. Finding the villages and ruins and clear artifacts of a long history is one of the things I always want out of an RPG. This one gives that feeling even more so than Skyrim does.


If I had a nit to pick, it's that I'm having a little trouble suspending disbelief at the "walk 100 yards, find 3 mages and 3 Templars fighting, kill them, repeat" bit. I want to go round up a bunch of one side or the other and teach them some basic tactics. I'm not sure why the prevailing idea of a civil war in fantasy RPGs these days seems to be small bands fighting literally everywhere. At least in DA:I the fighting seems to have caused some physical impact on the populace and the infrastructure, unlike in Skyrim.


I'm enjoying it, and more than I did DA2. It isn't up there like DA:O was for me yet, but I understand it gets much better as things progress.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Tpek

I've barely got time to play it.
Though I've managed to sneak in about ~30 hours since its release.

Rayfer

How does this compare to Divinity Original Sin? Or are they so different as to be uncomparable?

Gusington

^30 hours is 'barely'??

I can't compare it to DA:O yet as I've only put in about a dozen hours, but I also read that it really opens up after the first dozen or so hours. And my last session really 'clicked' so I get the feeling I am on the cusp of something cool.

Haven't played Divinity so I can't answer you Rayfer.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

The game was released a week ago or so and I haven't played much but it, so yeah...
~30 hours isn't a lot.

Gusington

^For you. I've got twelve in and feel like I got away with something.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Elvis

Santa got me the game. I have been having fits getting it up and running. The next time someone complains to me about Battlefront's DRM I'm going to point them to this.

I got the PC version, physical disc. When I insert the disc I was prompted to install Origins and create an account on that (it looks similar to Steam). And that was all it would do. I couldn't find any way to install it from the discs. Finally I noticed that through Origins I was able to download it. That download finally finished last night. When I launch the game it takes a very long time logging into Origins......I'm not sure why it has to do that.... By the time it has logged on and opened I've run out of the little time that I had to tinker. Wife and kids are out of town for a few days so hopefully I can take it for a spin tonight and tomorrow. But a day and a half to even get the thing installed was a bummer. Does anyone know if it will run if I disable the internet when I launch the game?