Have a Happy Holiday Friday!

Started by Martok, December 19, 2014, 06:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Martok

I suppose this could be seen as jumping the gun, but since Christmas is on Thursday, I didn't want to be too late! 





Gaming-wise, I'll be spending time with Rome II, playing Athens in the new Wrath of Sparta expansion. 

Also, I've finally taken the plunge with the Worlds of Magic beta.  The Dwarves will rise! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

Any gaming this weekend will most likely be my continued attempt at getting better playing Civ IV on Monarch.  After that?  No idea.  Although, I am looking forward to Wednesday.  My son and youngest daughter are coming to spend the night with me and we will be having a RISK marathon.  Good times! :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

I was off for the next two weeks but decided to take back Monday and Tuesday to try to get some more work done before EOY. Just as well since we're staying at home and now both my kids and wife are off for two weeks, I should go into the office to get work done instead of trying to do it from home. :)

But that week and a half WILL be an orgy of gaming the likes of which have not been seen since Caligula broke out Settlers of Catan: Star Trek Edition during that one Senate meeting. On my list of intended gaming after next Tuesday includes:

Gary Grigsby's War in the West (for review)
The Longest Day (for review)
Fleet Commander: Nimitz (for review)
Hapsburg Eclipse (and possibly Ottoman Sunset also)
Darkest Night (which should be here by this weekend)
D-Day at Tarawa
Munchkin Deluxe (might get to that tonight, actually)
Formula D (another one we might get to tonight)



Shelldrake

My wife and I are away for the week end on a pre-Christmas visit to my folks so my gaming options will be restricted. When I get back I will be delving into State of Decay, which I am really enjoying. Zeds just ripped one of the best characters in two so I may start a new game since I am not that far into my current one.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Anguille

Don't think i am going to have lots of time for playing (moving my office to another room so the daughter can have a bigger room and the youngest boy will have a room of its own - 3 kids so far). That and x-mas shopping, invited to eat at friends...

My goal is to play:

- Omerta: the Japanese Incentive - one chapter.

Cheers

Rayfer

TW: Rome II.....got in the GG holiday sale but have only had it for two days now so I'm still stumbling through the early stages of a campaign.

JudgeDredd

Having recently completed a season (first ever of ANY F1 game) of F1 2013 I am pleased to report that it didn't chuck you back to the beginning of your previous season...that is, it seems to have kept the improvements to your car. At least that's how testing felt at Melbourne

I'm waiting to see what F1 2014 goes for on steam...if it's more than 60% off, I might jump in, but as is, I'm happy continuing with an improved Williams car.

So more F1 2013 for me

Also some of the amazing Elite:Dangerous if it continues to play ball.

FSX Steam Edition - why not - see how smooth and stable it is (or not)

And finally I might try and finish my fist scenario in Combat Mission:Battle of Normandy - Operation Market Garden
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

Rayfer what faction are you playing as in Rome 2? My own game time will also be limited because of the holidays but in what time I do have I will continue to lead Armenia to greatness in Rome 2, and then switch to some WWI era stuff.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Shelldrake on December 19, 2014, 07:37:45 AM
My wife and I are away for the week end on a pre-Christmas visit to my folks so my gaming options will be restricted. When I get back I will be delving into State of Decay, which I am really enjoying. Zeds just ripped one of the best characters in two so I may start a new game since I am not that far into my current one.

  I will be travelling to an undisclosed location or two, where there will be some boardgaming, but until then:

  1) Wrath of Sparta
  2) WitpAE PBEM
  3) CMANO
  4) Boardgames


bbmike

I'll be using my 'traveling' notebook starting today so I don't know what I will play yet. But it does have most of the same games on it that my 'normal' notebook does.  8)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

WallysWorld

Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece
IL-2 1946 playing the user-created Luftwaffe Pilot: Legion Kondor! campaign.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

JasonPratt

Looks like I'll spend most of the weekend on a worker-placement strategy game called "See If We Can Get These Projects Loaded For Shipment By Wednesday So I Can Convince The OverMom To Let The Guys Off From Christmas Through All Of New Year Week".

Other than that, and various pre-Christmasy things, I shall endeavor to persevere sailing along on the new PanzOrc Corpz campaign AAR I'm working on, so as to be ready to start posting it up after New Years'. {/obscureclinteastwoodref}
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I'm hip deep into campaigns of Rome 2, DC Case Blue, and CMBN. So last night I'm checking-out mods for Skyrim and my wife starts asking questions about the game and now it's all I can think about. So I guess I'll have to go back and feed the Elder Scrolls Beast until it's happy again. Seeing the Hobbit on Wed. didn't help any. Where did I leave that Mace of Malog Bol?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

sandman2575

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 19, 2014, 12:34:23 PM
So last night I'm checking-out mods for Skyrim and my wife starts asking questions about the game and now it's all I can think about. So I guess I'll have to go back and feed the Elder Scrolls Beast until it's happy again.

Skyrim modding is the gaming rabbit hole from which there is no escape. Don't go down it.

I recently spent way too many, excruciating hours getting the ridiculous, gargantuan "STEP" collection of mods to work with Mod Organizer, plus a new ENB.  It was very satisfying to get it all working, looks great, and then, of course... I've barely played Skyrim since...

Happens. Every. Time.

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on December 19, 2014, 09:03:54 AM
Rayfer what faction are you playing as in Rome 2? My own game time will also be limited because of the holidays but in what time I do have I will continue to lead Armenia to greatness in Rome 2, and then switch to some WWI era stuff.

I picked the Greeks....according to the game they are one of the easier factions to start with. It's a really good game. Spies are excellent and add a cool dimension to the game. I learned real fast that a lack of food will quickly reduce your armies.