It's F.R.I.D.A.Y people - what are you playing?

Started by JudgeDredd, January 09, 2015, 04:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Ok - Friday is here...what's going down in gamesville?

Not a Friday song - but a fav of mine from the 80's


I can feel some Combat Mission:Battle for Normandy. When Combat Mission:Shock Force came out I immediately started playing in real time. I never looked back. I swore blind WEGO was the new crap and everytime I tried WEGO I was like "What was the big deal about WEGO in the original CM:BO". But then someone here (sorry - I forget who it was - I think it was Cyrano) played a pbem game with me and it tranformed my gaming style.

I now play (and love) the WEGO system again! Thank you.

I also want to kick off my F1 2013 season 2. I was glad to see my car is performing as well as it did at the end of the previous season - so i am certain the car keeps it's perks it receives during a season.

I will also be playing more Shadow of Mordor. Great game. I stumbled into a stonghold. Ran through it with my Caragor and "activated" (forged?) one of the belfry's. I then went back and jumped around killing alot of stuff whilst letting loose Caragors...it was pandemonium and great fun!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Anguille

#1
I've played a lot of Omerta: the japanese incentive lately and have to make a small break. Still, i will finish the current chapter i am playing now. I had a real headache with the previous scenario...tough tough (enemy gang, money taken away, police, not enough beer & alcohol...)....had to play it 3 times before being able to complete it.  :o

Otherwise, i am a little bit in a "what am i going to play now?" phase. I know that i will be playing Grand Ages: Rome as soon as i complete the japanese  incentive campaign but this is probably going to be at the end of the month. I might play some Imperium Romanum....working on the city of Rome.

I would like to play a 4x but not sure which one.

Nice song Btw  O0

Makes me think that this song fits with my Omerta mood lately  ;)

spelk

I'm trying to do a small 4 turn scenario (#10 Crete) in Schwerpunkt's World War II Europe at the moment, but am having issues working out how to use the Naval forces at my disposal to best advantage. With my earlier foray into Russo-German War, I thought I understood Schwerpunkt's stuff, but it seems the new version has either foxed me with a more dazzling map or I'm genuinely losing memory cells in my brain and if I stay away from operational wargames for too long, I revert back to some action soaked RPG plankton. ;)

Ian C

#3
Metal gear Solid Ground Zeroes, Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI, Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (awesome soundtrack by Shawn Lee & Bei Bei)




Barthheart

#4
Last few days soaking up the sun.  8)

Trying to get the finishing touches put on a review.

And playing a bit of Imperialism II in the early morning or late night while my wife still sleeps.


GJK

Going to set up a solo game of No Retreat and continue my ASL game with Ubercat tonight and/or tomorrow night.  I also have some new Blood Bowl miniatures that came in from a kickstarter project and it'd be nice to find the time to sit down and do some relaxing painting.

I also picked up a copy of DC: Case Blue based on the thread here but I'm not sure if I'll get around to it this weekend.

Also based on a thread here, I grabbed Ultimate General: Gettysburg but have worn that thing out already and can achieve a total victory in my sleep with it but that's my go-to 30 minute filler if I want to play a mindless game of something.  :)

Edit:  "Weezer".  All time worst name for a band ever.  My opinion. 
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

MetalDog

I am in the unusual position of having 3 new games to play, Age of Wonders 3, Skyrim, and Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes.  Most likely, it will be catch as catch can in MP with AoW3, Skyrim until I run into something I can't handle or get bored and then FE:LH to scratch that Civ itch.  Oh, and it's the Divisional round in the NFL playoffs, so, I'll be watching those, too!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Shelldrake

I finished State of Decay this week so am ready to try something new, which I think will be AoW3. My Empire Total War campaign is also calling me.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

spelk

#8
Quote from: GJK on January 09, 2015, 06:54:46 AM
Edit:  "Weezer".  All time worst name for a band ever.  My opinion. 

What!, you haven't heard of Scraping Foetus off the Wheel, with their epic song titled "You've got Foetus on your breath". :)




Staggerwing

^The guy who fronted all the various 'Foetus' band incarnations does music for the Venture Brothers show on Cartoon Network. Strange how musical careers sometimes turn out.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GJK

I'd take "Foetus mixed with dog poo" over "Weezer" any day.

QuoteSay mates, I think I got it.  It came to me when Patrick was having an asthma attack last night...
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

BanzaiCat

It's supposed to rain all weekend here, and be 40 degrees or so. 40's not bad, but rain, pfft. I hate driving in this town as it is, but add rain to it and fuhgeddaboutit. Only outside activity I plan on is going to the store for groceries and that's that.



As for gaming, I started a game of Fleet Commander: Nimitz the night before last, played through one battle. I wrote down everything with the anticipation of writing up an AAR, but my issue with that is writing takes no time, but image manipulation to help tell the story, does.

I'm going to do some more Gary Grigsby's War in the West to continue my review, but boy oh boy, that game has a learning curve to it, especially since I never played War in the East and am not at all familiar with the system.

I'd like to do some other board games, stuff I got for Christmas, including Shadows of Brimstone City of Ancients, or Zombie Dice, or Gears of War The Boardgame...something with the kids.

On a positive note I found a semi-regular boardgame group very near where I live...in fact they live around the corner from my old house, which is about 4 miles away from my current house. Here's hoping they get some games going soon, and are not axe murderers and/or gross in general. They look normal on Facebook, but looks can be deceiving, LOL.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

BanzaiCat

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 09, 2015, 08:06:06 AM
What town?

Houston. Spring, actually. I'm on the far north side. Been here 21+ years and I still can't call it home. :(

Kool Kat

Gents:   8)

Continue with a couple of Flashpoint Campaigns - Red Storm PBeM games and throw in some AI matches between turns. Maybe resume my Strategic Command WW2 Global Conflict campaign game as the Axis. Sunny, but cold here in the mid- 30's to 40's F... so good weekend to limit most of my activities to indoors.   :)
Regards,  - MW

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein