It's F.R.I.D.A.Y people - what are you playing?

Started by JudgeDredd, January 09, 2015, 04:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mikeck

I am a glutton for punishment so I am going to fire up "war in the West" and "Aurora" to scratch that deep 4x space itch
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

^It's alright, I still love your mum anyway :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on January 11, 2015, 03:15:31 PM
^It's alright, I still love your mum anyway :)
Actually - she asked me to ask you not to bother her anymore. She said something about you not being the man you used to be!  :D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I spent most of my free gaming time this weekend playing Everquest.  Ran an enchanter through the tutorial zone.  Granted the graphics are not great and the ui is a huge pain in the ass to learn and organize, but I can honestly say I enjoyed playing the game.

Sir Slash

Just watched the movie, 47 Ronin. Now I'm wanting to go back to Shogun 2 TW. :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

I didn't get anything done that I wanted. In fact I played Elite:Dangerous for a few hours on Saturday and that was my gaming.

Sunday afternoon I spent unboxing Fleet Commander:Nimitiz and setting it up for turn 1 of the 1942 scenario.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Toonces

Well screw you guys because I stuck with the plan.

I played a butt-ton of CK2 on Friday night (followed by far too much Youtube and Jameson's...   :-[  )

Saturday was a book day.

Sunday (today) I played a bit of Morrowind, a bit of Gothic 3, and another butt-ton of CK2.   What a fantastic game CK2 is.  I swear, every time I feel like I've seen it all, the game throws such hard decisions at me.  In my current game, once again vying for the throne of Scotland (which I took early as Moray) I've had to imprison my brother, and execute my son.  I mean, what kind of game encourages that?!  I'm having a blast though.  I'm starting to dig deeper into the mechanics of the game, and I'm fiddling with the laws with the intent of instituting medium to high crown authority so I can keep inheritance in the family.  I had a pretty scary few years there where it looked like I conquered Scotland only to lose it in a vote to a pretender. 

What an awesome game.   O0
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

I wish I had the discipline to keep notes and do an AAR.  This game writes AARs like nothing I've ever seen.

While this wasn't nearly as dramatic as my drama as a Welsh prince, it was still tense as I waited to see if I, or my pretender vassal, would die first for the Scottish throne.  After all the pain I went through to get it, it was seriously not fun to play out.  And then the revolts...and executing my son.  I didn't want to, but he left me no choice really.  The twists and turns were so damn compelling!

Brutal game, man.   O0
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Martok

Dammit, man.  Now you make want to fire up my copy of CK2 again -- and I'm already elbow-deep into both my Armada 2526 and FE:LH campaigns...  :buck2: 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

Finished my Omerta chapter and played a scenario of Glory of the Roman Empire .

Had an interesting discussion with a friend's father who's from the US about the Civil War (he made twice the Pickett charge) and think i'll start a new campaign of Civil War: Generals next week.

Shelldrake

I didn't stick with my plan either. Instead I played some Company of Heroes with the excellent Blitzkrieg mod, a couple of scenarios in my Allied Corps campaign, and got sucked back into Farcry 2. Not what I planned but nevertheless a good weekend of gaming.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Pete Dero

Quote from: Shelldrake on January 12, 2015, 07:31:35 AM
Instead I played some Company of Heroes with the excellent Blitzkrieg mod

Is this mod compatible with the standard campaigns ?