The Ship! Let's all get it!

Started by Toonces, January 12, 2015, 10:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 14, 2015, 08:41:21 AM
Thanks for the heads-up on the servers, LB.

Any time. It looked like a show stopper so I figured I'd better do something.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

endfire79

This game sounds fun! Hows it been so far with you guys?
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

LongBlade

Quote from: endfire79 on January 14, 2015, 11:06:59 AM
This game sounds fun! Hows it been so far with you guys?

I think playing with friends would be more satisfying. It's a fun little game. For $5 I can't complain. But I think it'll be far more fun knowing some/most/all of the folks on the server are fellow grogs.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

BanzaiCat

I haven't played an online game with Grogs since...well, okay, Warlock. :)

But BEFORE that, Battlefield 1942 with WG staffers. That was a chaotic mess and a lot of fun.

endfire79

I better take a stab at this game before my wife delivers mid February.

"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

LongBlade

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 14, 2015, 12:18:05 PM
I haven't played an online game with Grogs since...well, okay, Warlock. :)

But BEFORE that, Battlefield 1942 with WG staffers. That was a chaotic mess and a lot of fun.

Those BF42 days were a hoot.

Slightly more recently a bunch of us were playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare. That was awesome until the boneheads got the brilliant idea not to let anyone host their own servers any more.

Nothing is worse than being on a server with a bunch of buds and having some griefer show up and not be able to do anything about it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

endfire79

^ take a stab, darn i punned, swear I didn't realize it!
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

endfire79

Quote from: LongBlade on January 14, 2015, 12:41:11 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 14, 2015, 12:18:05 PM
I haven't played an online game with Grogs since...well, okay, Warlock. :)

But BEFORE that, Battlefield 1942 with WG staffers. That was a chaotic mess and a lot of fun.

Those BF42 days were a hoot.

Slightly more recently a bunch of us were playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare.

Good times! 
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

LongBlade

Quote from: endfire79 on January 14, 2015, 12:41:38 PM
^ take a stab, darn i punned, swear I didn't realize it!

I saw it but didn't want to fire the first salvo.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Shelldrake

Quote from: LongBlade on January 14, 2015, 12:41:11 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 14, 2015, 12:18:05 PM
I haven't played an online game with Grogs since...well, okay, Warlock. :)

But BEFORE that, Battlefield 1942 with WG staffers. That was a chaotic mess and a lot of fun.


Slightly more recently a bunch of us were playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare. That was awesome until the boneheads got the brilliant idea not to let anyone host their own servers any more.

Nothing is worse than being on a server with a bunch of buds and having some griefer show up and not be able to do anything about it.

Good times indeed!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Toonces

Freakin' Deadskin was deadly in that game!  And LB, weren't you the one that always went around knifing everyone?

Anyway, I think this game will be super fun if we can get like 8-10 of us on, and just go nuts on each other with the stabby stabby.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

The only thing I remember is Jim Cobb running down the middle of the road and us running him over with a Jeep.

In fact, the Jeep and Kubelwagon were my weapons of choice in MP games.  O0

Gusington

I got knifed by LB like 1000 times in Call of Duty.

More recently, a bunch of us played Left 4 Dead 2 for a while and that was quite the hoot.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on January 14, 2015, 09:07:35 PM
I got knifed by LB like 1000 times in Call of Duty.

Star is gonna be so jealous...
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Quote from: Toonces on January 14, 2015, 08:05:48 PM
Freakin' Deadskin was deadly in that game! 

There were several of us who got to be pretty good in that game. Man, that was some fun. The best part was you never knew for sure who was going to drop into the server for some mayhem. It was awesome!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.