Homeworld Remastered Available for Pre-Order

Started by Jarhead0331, January 25, 2015, 02:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rayfer

I never owned or played the game but I remember reading a review back when it came out that said the game was incredibly difficult, so much so that many players gave up on it and moved on. Any truth to this?

GDS_Starfury

I found it to be pretty easy to get a grasp of.  so much so that its my benchmark for 3d camera control and GUI.
the thing to remember is that the AI is good enough to be left alone to do its thing while you pay attention to something else.  thats how you avoid the RTS overload.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

if you can play the Total War series you can play this.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Kushan

Quote from: Rayfer on February 05, 2015, 07:54:51 AM
I never owned or played the game but I remember reading a review back when it came out that said the game was incredibly difficult, so much so that many players gave up on it and moved on. Any truth to this?

Because of its persistent nature the single player campaign could be damn near impossible if you didn't build the right units or mine every asteroid in a previous mission.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

GDS_Starfury

both games had trigger points that advanced during a level that you learn pretty quickly to avoid.  O0
I had one campaign in the first game where I stole just about every ship on every level.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


JasonPratt

Quote from: Rayfer on February 05, 2015, 07:54:51 AM
I never owned or played the game but I remember reading a review back when it came out that said the game was incredibly difficult, so much so that many players gave up on it and moved on. Any truth to this?

I haven't finished many RTS campaigns, but I finished HW1 (though I never got around to buying the expansion or HW2). So it couldn't have been that hard. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

glen55

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 05, 2015, 02:19:24 AM
This does look cool...but I'm pretty sure when I first played Homeworld I found it pretty frenetic...and I ain't any younger or sharper now!!

I had the same experience.  And didn't they have those units that would attack your ship and convert it to theirs?  Like the #$!% priests in Age of Empire?  I hated that super-gamey hogwash.

Anyway, I never had the Homeworld love affair, but maybe I just didn't give it a fair chance.  It did, as I recall, include the essential element that makes RTS games playable: the ability to fully use the interface, including giving orders, while paused.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

GDS_Starfury

in the first game you used salvage corvettes to take over ships and in the second game you had Marine boarding ships.  both were pretty useless in multiplayer but were pretty important in the solo campaign.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Grim.Reaper

Is HW only campaign/mission oriented or does it also include some kind of random sandbox mode?  Is replayability good regardless of which method included?

GDS_Starfury

there are hundreds of custom maps for solo and multiplayer.  I dont know if theyll be compatible right away or not but the modding community will make short work of that.  Im also sure the bigger and best received mods will be converted over.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Con

A little comparison of the old versus the new



Con

GDS_Starfury

Looking good has never been one of Homeworlds problems.  :smitten:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


sandman2575


mikeck

Well, it's out tomorrow and I'm buying. Been looking forward to this for a long time. No other game can scratch that real time space combat itch
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

Still on the fence myself...but will be watching....