Big winter storm on the way!

Started by Shelldrake, January 26, 2015, 07:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Lol'd hard at the palm tree shadow.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Another foot of snow coming. The weather is rough on the short.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

had to put on a jacket to eat outside at dinner tonight.

damn this brutal winter!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


mirth

#198
Basically going to be light snow for 3 days straight (started Sunday). Total accumulation should be around another foot. Daytime high today should be around 15F. At no point in the 10-day forecast is the daytime high temp expected to go above freezing.

My front door isn't closing all the way now because ice has come down from the roof and warped the frame. Times like these when I am really glad I rent and can call the landlord to deal with it.

Redrum.

The past 2 weeks have been brutal.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

No shit. Just had 2 hours of freezing rain and it just turned to snow. More snow on and off through tuesday night. Schools all cancelled again. WTF is this, third Monday in a row now?

Skaði and Höðr, it's not funny anymore- you hear me?!?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

I guess y'all don't want to hear about 73 and a light breeze here in Raleigh, eh?  I was worried the chocolate bars I had in the back of the car were going to melt before I got them to the office.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

^Piss off!

Home again with kids and Wife. Everyone mentally stable right now. I am starting to worry about ice dams on the roof though.

Other than that, working from home affords me the luxury of using Steam and Snipe Elite II and all dlc on sale for the next three hours for 10.00 dollah. So that's pretty cool :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Sunshine and 10 deg C here today. Almost like spring has sprung!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

FWIW, 73 was yesterday.  We won't get past 60-62 or so today, and there are clouds everywhere.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I'm saving a bucket of ice balls in case I make it to Origins and meet some of you Southerners.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

The weather in Houston this weekend clawed its way up to the low 70s. I think we can put the snowshoes away in the attic, finally.

Gusington

I'm freezing the spare dog testicles I have and will be throwing them at my monitor shortly.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I can handle the snow and cold, but when simple day-to-day existence becomes a chore (more than usual), that's when I want to start hucking frozen dog testicles at smug, warm weather bitches.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.