Main Menu

Sid Meier's Starships

Started by Anguille, January 19, 2015, 10:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Barthheart

Quote from: W8taminute on February 07, 2015, 12:58:14 PM
So to me this new game looks like a turn based RPG where you level up your ships and go on quests instead of a proper 4x strategy game where you manage a galactic economy while building up a military?

Correct. It was never billed as a 4X game.

Shelldrake

I wonder how easy to mod it will be? If so there could be a Starfleet Battles mod for Starships in the future.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Barthheart

Quote from: Shelldrake on February 07, 2015, 01:11:07 PM
I wonder how easy to mod it will be? If so there could be a Starfleet Battles mod for Starships in the future.

O0

jomni

#93
Quote from: Barthheart on February 07, 2015, 01:10:51 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on February 07, 2015, 12:58:14 PM
So to me this new game looks like a turn based RPG where you level up your ships and go on quests instead of a proper 4x strategy game where you manage a galactic economy while building up a military?

Correct. It was never billed as a 4X game.

But you can actually expand your empire, conquer the galaxy and wipe out other factions.  But I guess the meat of the game is still upgrading starships and tactical battles.

Gusington

Just watched a few minutes of the gameplay section of the video that Bart posted and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised...just those few minutes did remind me of the galactic map from Star Wars: Empire at War.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Pocket Tactics has a good write up:

QuoteFiraxis on Starships: "This is a much, much bigger game than Ace Patrol"

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/firaxis-starships-much-much-bigger-game-ace-patrol/



Barthheart

More Starships game play with Sid:


steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Barthheart


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

#100
Is that rustling sound you getting the wallet out again?

15 pounds - that doesn't inspire confidence!

bbmike

I don't know why I'm nervous about this one.  :-\
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

It's releasing very close to the relaunch of remastered Homeworld I and II...I should play those first.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

Quote from: Barthheart on February 12, 2015, 03:04:55 PM
Pocket Tactics has a good write up:

QuoteFiraxis on Starships: "This is a much, much bigger game than Ace Patrol"

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/firaxis-starships-much-much-bigger-game-ace-patrol/
For a 4x game - I'd hope so! ::) :2funny:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

BanzaiCat

I'm assuming this will be available on Steam, but haven't seen a specific mention of that, other than "PC."