What if I say I'm not like FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, April 03, 2015, 05:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

W8taminute

I played Star Drive until 02:30 Saturday morning and then again in the afternoon.  Great game that didn't get much love when it came out.  I'm hoping the sequel will be just as good especially since the strategic layer is now turn based.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

Quote from: Skwerl on April 03, 2015, 06:11:14 PM
Played so far:
Galactic Assault: Prisoner of Power
Fantasy Wars
Cuban Missile Crisis

The first two are on sale on GOG.  I picked Cuban Missile Crisis up on sale at Steam.  Very cool alternate history RTS (the cold war went hot during the Cuban Missile Crisis) based on the Blitzkrieg 2 engine.

If Fantasy Wars is on sale, practically anyone who likes Panzer General, Fantasy General, and/or Warhammer should pick it up.

I grabbed the Cuban Missile Crisis game (didn't even know it had an expansion), as a rebuy earlier this week: I've had the original for ages, and never played it.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 03, 2015, 06:43:20 PM
Jason, have you voiced your displeasure to the devs?  They do read the Steam forum as well as their own.

Nah, I'm just venting my vitriol here. I know it isn't fair to complain about this; the game has a particular design that works for its intended purposes, and creating a screenshot AAR just doesn't happen to be that purpose. I have nothing AT ALL bad to say about the game. (Perhaps because I haven't played it long enough to have much to say about it yet, since my AAR attempts keep imploding. ;)  But I stress, this isn't the fault of the game or the devs.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Haven't played anything yet myself either because of the holidays and family etc. Maybe later tonight? Still on the fence...Attila/BA2...

...to be honest reading about Bawbstache is just as entertaining.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Oh god hangover. :(

Bob has just delivered painkillers, hurrah!

Bob if you're reading this I'll be down for breakfast in a minute when I remember my name

Huw the Poo

I think I was spiked. Someone put alcohol in my beer!

Toonces

Man alive, what a mess.  So I was at war with no less than 6 different people.  I had Scotland, a couple of counties to the SE of Denmark, Norfolk, Devon, and I think that's it.  Scotland completely fractured with two separate independence movements, and also the counties SE of Denmark declared independence.  I got my butt completely handed to me. 

We're still fighting it out but there is no way I can with at this point.  I bled myself dry putting down the first Scotland fight and I have nothing left for the second.  Plus, those troops are badasses.  I'm not going to surrender, but I'm going to let them bleed themselves out a bit and spend some money besieging everywhere nonetheless.  At the end, though, I'm going to be back with good ole Jylland and that's it.  I'll be lucky if I can hold onto that at least!

Fortunately no mustaches were harmed in these revolts.   ;)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

panzerde

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 05, 2015, 02:11:16 AM
I think I was spiked. Someone put alcohol in my beer!
I think the Bawbstache did it! He confused us with his dancing and then tried to subdue us with alcohol.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 05, 2015, 02:11:16 AM
I think I was spiked. Someone put alcohol in my beer!
Northern pussies.  :P
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Huw the Poo

Pfft. I'm out partying while you're laid up the whole weekend because of a cold, ya pansy!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 05, 2015, 05:18:40 AM
Pfft. I'm out partying while you're laid up the whole weekend because of a cold, ya pansy!

got to support the Huw here as the Jock lays on the sofa surrounded by aloe vera tissues

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

bob48

Well, it was a great weekend, and there will be pictures as and when they get sorted. I'm still on a high here and still saying goodbye to folks making their way home.

Three Scottish friends friend's were drinking beer for breakfast, so that should make JD happy.

Huw was eating toothpaste and headache tablet sandwiches and Mr & Mrs panzerde were trying to escape to the airport before we could catch them.

It was a blast!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

I beg...BEG!...for pictures of this kerfuffle.

And that wasn't aloe vera.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Quote from: bob48 on April 05, 2015, 10:35:40 AM
Well, it was a great weekend, and there will be pictures as and when they get sorted. I'm still on a high here and still saying goodbye to folks making their way home.

Three Scottish friends friend's were drinking beer for breakfast, so that should make JD happy.

Huw was eating toothpaste and headache tablet sandwiches and Mr & Mrs panzerde were trying to escape to the airport before we could catch them.

It was a blast!
Keeping up appearances - good. Taking up the slack that I can't :-(

I'll be in Newcastle in July I think....doing the Coast and Castles ride - a 200 mile ride from Newcastle to Edinburgh. I did it last year with a couple of pals over 3 days - this time I'll be doing it myself in 2
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people