"Feeling Old" 2015 Edition

Started by bayonetbrant, January 15, 2015, 02:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Martok

#60
Cyrano, I believe you're actually solidly in the middle of the pack, age-wise.  Unless my memory has gone completely kaput, the vast majority of us are in our 40's & 50's, with a small (but still significant) percentage in their 60's.  I'm one of the youngest guys here, and I'm 38.  :P 




Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 22, 2015, 06:44:50 PM
Quote from: Martok on March 22, 2015, 02:50:18 PM
...Which I still haven't watched.  :-[

Don't do it.  Watch seasons 1 and 2 and burn anything with season 3 or 4 written on it.  They're absolute shit.
Actually, I've watched all the way through the first half of season 4, and have enjoyed most of it.  So now I gotta sit down and grab 4.5, if only for completion's sake (I want to see the ending -- good or bad)! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Airborne Rifles

I liked the ending, as well as seasons 3 and 4. But I'm 31, probably haven't had the (very, very long) amount of time the rest of you have to develop an appreciation for culture    ;).

mirth

The show was uneven during it's entire run. When it was 'on' it was brilliant, some of the best television ever made. When it missed, it was dumb, but generally still better than most shows.

I just rewatched Razor this weekend. That was solid.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

The show us awesome but it suffered from an industry wide writers strike.  I felt the ending was meh. Its,still my favorite sci fi series.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


mirth

Don't get me wrong, it's Top Ten all-time for sci-fi shows. Maybe top 5, but it was uneven. Much like Star Trek TOS and ST:TNG were uneven.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Silent Disapproval Robot

Seasons 1 and 2 were epic.  Definitely amongst the best sci-fi ever produced.  Season 3 suffered from the writers' strike, the series seemed to lose its drive and much of the tension as it devolved into the Cylon-of-the-week.  Season 4 started badly and ended with one of the worst series finales of all time.  Season 4 made Phantom Menace look like ESB in comparison.   

BanzaiCat

Season 1 was the best of them all. Season 2 I really didn't like (and I'm probably in the minority on that one), but to echo Mirth, even a bad season of BG is light years better than normal TV crapola.

S2 turned me off of the series and it took years before I went back to it and got through the entire thing. The ride was entertaining through the rest of it but it just was not satisfying at all.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

si, señor.  I've got it on my shelf right next to Firefly (which is still in the shrink-wrap)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

Hmm I think I want this. No not that. This.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

10 years of New Who. Where has the time gone?



"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Debbie Harry (of Blondie) is 70 years old today.  :-\


mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 01, 2015, 10:07:03 AMDebbie Harry (of Blondie) is 70 years old today.  :-\

fuck you
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
for pointing that out
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Opie and Jimmy just pointed it out, so I thought I'd share the joy of THAT realization.  8)