What if I say I'm not like FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, April 03, 2015, 05:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Tell Bawbstache to remove the monocle.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

What, and make a spectacle of himself?

Just heard from Doug - they're in Detroit now ready for the last leg home.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

panzerde

Once again, this weekend proved that one should spend as much time as possible hanging out with fellow Grogs. We had an absolutely wonderful time hanging out with Bawb, Mrs. Bawb, their family and Huw. Bawb's anniversary party was very well attended and a lot of fun! You know it's a good party where a number of the guests are wearing kilts. It was really a privilege to attend. Huw and I had a good natter and knocked back a few pints. Some of Bawb's long-time gaming friends from Newcastle were also there.

Bawb and the 'stache took us on a whirlwind tour of Newcastle that was amazing. Newcastle and Northumberland are amazing. We'll be back for another visit, that's for sure!

Now we just need to get the rest of the way how and somehow get motivated to work tomorrow.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Martok

Didn't have a ton of time for gaming this weekend, but what time I did have was spent going old-school: 

Played some Ultimate Mod 5 in Birth of the Federation.  I've currently got a nice little Federation campaign going right now; I have 3 growing colonies, have just founded a 4th, and have good relations with two minor races.  (The Tholians hate my friggin' guts, though!) 

I've also started up a Mercian game in Medieval Total War's Viking Invasion campaign.  They're not the most difficult faction to play as, but they're more or less in the middle of the action (kind of like the Byzantines from the main campaign), which I usually enjoy.  Lots of different paths for conquest -- choices, choices...  ;) 




Quote from: Bison on April 03, 2015, 11:26:39 AM
Diapers and Burping Babies.  It's a highly interactive game.  I did discover last night that reading the in game text of Pillars of Eternity out loud is actually a soothing DLC for the Baby Crying expansion pack.  :)
Ha, awesome! 



Quote from: Toonces on April 04, 2015, 03:58:38 AM
Pretty good times with CK2 tonight.

For as long as I've owned the game, I have always started on either high middle ages or late middle ages.  Tonight was the first time I picked Viking Age.  I started with Jylland, which is modern-day Denmark and man alive, who knew playing a Viking could be so much fun? 

All this time I've been spending trying to unite Scotland in the late middle ages when all I needed to do is start as a Viking in the 800's and go take that bad boy.  Nice!  And it seems that the appearance of the game changes a bit with the earlier start- the menu screens look a bit different unless I'm crazy.

Overall it's been a pretty hectic but fun experience.  There is no way I'm going to be able to hold this whole kingdom together, but for now I've got a pretty nice spread of land.  Money's a bit tight, though.
Quote from: Toonces on April 05, 2015, 02:13:15 AM
Man alive, what a mess.  So I was at war with no less than 6 different people.  I had Scotland, a couple of counties to the SE of Denmark, Norfolk, Devon, and I think that's it.  Scotland completely fractured with two separate independence movements, and also the counties SE of Denmark declared independence.  I got my butt completely handed to me. 

We're still fighting it out but there is no way I can with at this point.  I bled myself dry putting down the first Scotland fight and I have nothing left for the second.  Plus, those troops are badasses.  I'm not going to surrender, but I'm going to let them bleed themselves out a bit and spend some money besieging everywhere nonetheless.  At the end, though, I'm going to be back with good ole Jylland and that's it.  I'll be lucky if I can hold onto that at least!

Fortunately no mustaches were harmed in these revolts.   ;)
I've gotta say, Toonces, you do have a way with words.  Almost every time you post about your adventures in CK2, I find myself wanting to fire up my own copy.  O0 



Quote from: Gusington on April 05, 2015, 03:21:25 PM
Tell Bawbstache to remove the monocle.
Gah!  That would just be wrong... 




Quote from: panzerde on April 05, 2015, 03:34:33 PM
Once again, this weekend proved that one should spend as much time as possible hanging out with fellow Grogs. We had an absolutely wonderful time hanging out with Bawb, Mrs. Bawb, their family and Huw. Bawb's anniversary party was very well attended and a lot of fun! You know it's a good party where a number of the guests are wearing kilts. It was really a privilege to attend. Huw and I had a good natter and knocked back a few pints. Some of Bawb's long-time gaming friends from Newcastle were also there.

Bawb and the 'stache took us on a whirlwind tour of Newcastle that was amazing. Newcastle and Northumberland are amazing. We'll be back for another visit, that's for sure!

Now we just need to get the rest of the way how and somehow get motivated to work tomorrow.
Outstanding!  Glad you guys all had a great time!  And again, congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Bawb on their 40th anniversary!! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bob48

^^+100

Was an absolute pleasure - sorry about the rain on Friday...........today has been clear blue skies and 22deg C.........

Come back soon now, ya hear?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Nefaro

Quote from: panzerde on April 05, 2015, 03:04:40 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 05, 2015, 02:11:16 AM
I think I was spiked. Someone put alcohol in my beer!
I think the Bawbstache did it! He confused us with his dancing and then tried to subdue us with alcohol.

Bawbstache is mesmerizing.  Like a roofie. 

Anguille

#98
So far...completed mission 2 in Paraworld which was fun.

also played about 60 turns of Endless Space on normal with the tech guys (the Sophons)....boy this game really doesn't make it easy for me to like it....i am last in every single field (AGAIN) and the Vaulters are taking one of my  systems (and i don't have a lot of them) with their fleet. There's a lot i like in this game but the way the AI cheats (or am i really that bad?) makes me wanna drop it. Don't know if i should stick to this game or start a new one...i've played a lot 4x (which makes me think i should be able to manage one on normal difficulty) but this one gives me a lot frustration  >:(

undercovergeek

i have comfortably sunk into CMBS and all that entails

3 PBEMs, Con, a fine gent from Battlefront forums who designed a map he wants testing, and Jomni which is just getting underway

loving all 3 and their different natures.

Bradleys ****ing rock

Arctic Blast

Started on Dying Light. I'm liking it so far, but there is no way in Hell that anyone should ever attempt to play this with a mouse and keyboard. Then again, I consider all parkour/action games to be made for controllers, so you may feel differently. But this sucker involves a lot of controls and what can be fast, fast, fast game play that needs you to react NOW.

Gusington

Started a Lombard campaign in Attila...three hours went by in a flash. Great fun!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Man, I was looking at Atilla trailers the other night and I want it pretty bad.  But with the DLC's you're looking at at least a ~$65 investment.  Not that that is life-changing money, but these games always, always, always go on some insane sale at some point.  I'm trying to hold out until a July 4th sale or something.

I don't have to have it now, but I want it now, if you know what I mean.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MetalDog

So it's been EUIV all weekend as Lithuania.  I'm in a good spot country and economy wise.  Unfortunately, I am allied with Poland, so I can't attack and absorb them, and I failed in my effort to form the Lithuanian-Poland Commonwealth.  Muscovy is pretty big and allied with Great Britain.  Crimea should be easy to swallow, except they are allied with the Ottomans.  So, I am trying to build infrastructure, i.e., building buildings in provinces that modify Manpower, Trade and Production modifiers and so on.  Next session will determine what direction I take from here.  Oh, and it's 1518, May 1.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Toonces

Man, I still haven't played EUIV.  I've owned it for a while, too.  I think I'm waiting until I finish a CK2 game that I can convert to EUIV.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs