Happy Easter Game Sales!

Started by Lord Zimoa, April 03, 2015, 09:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rayfer

I have to start reading the details (and game manuals too)....I thought it was good for only one single game purchase. Appears it was good for a single cart purchase, even if it included multiple games?

bobarossa

The offer details implied a single game but the forum posts mentioned that it affected the entire cart!

Pete Dero

The post isn't very clear on it and maybe this was not the intention, but the code works on an entire cart.

spelk

I grabbed Battle Academy 2 and the Kursk expansion, along with Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Titles I'd had my eye on for a while, but the 30% discount made it worth it, especially on the whole cart.

Greybriar

Quote from: Pete Dero on April 06, 2015, 02:48:45 PM
The post isn't very clear on it and maybe this was not the intention, but the code works on an entire cart.

It certainly was misleading since it was posted on the Slitherine forum:

Quote from: Daniele....You can get the discount by entering the following coupon while checking out:

HappyEaster15

The coupon is valid until the 7th of April, for one purchase only, so pick any game you like and enjoy!

I might have purchased several more games if the wording had been more accurate. But the consolation is that I saved a bit of money I would otherwise have spent on games I wouldn't have had the time to play. :coolsmiley:
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Greybriar on April 06, 2015, 04:00:15 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on April 06, 2015, 02:48:45 PM
The post isn't very clear on it and maybe this was not the intention, but the code works on an entire cart.

It certainly was misleading since it was posted on the Slitherine forum:

Quote from: Daniele....You can get the discount by entering the following coupon while checking out:

HappyEaster15

The coupon is valid until the 7th of April, for one purchase only, so pick any game you like and enjoy!

I might have purchased several more games if the wording had been more accurate. But the consolation is that I saved a bit of money I would otherwise have spent on games I wouldn't have had the time to play. :coolsmiley:

Copy that...... O0
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Pete Dero

Just noticed something bizar :

Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm :

Slitherine price (download) : 28,99 € (+ 21 % VAT)
Matrix price (download) : 48,99 € (+ 21% VAT)
Steam price : 45,99 € (tax included)

If someone is interested in this game use your coupon on the Slitherine site for an ever bigger bargain.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Greybriar on April 06, 2015, 04:00:15 PM
I might have purchased several more games if the wording had been more accurate. But the consolation is that I saved a bit of money I would otherwise have spent on games I wouldn't have had the time to play. :coolsmiley:

Ditto. I had three games in my basket and was eyeing a fourth before narrowing it down to Decisive Campaigns:Case Blue. I'm very pleased with my purchase, but considering my lack of control where wargames are concerned I would have added one or two more   ;D

Al

Quote from: Greybriar on April 05, 2015, 08:02:37 PM
I completed my Panzer Corps collection by purchasing Panzer Corps Grand Campaign 1939-1945 mega pack for 30% off with the Happy Easter discount.

Thanks Matrix / Slitherine!  O0

I did the same.  Couldn't pass it up at the sale price.
Al

Kushan

I debated between TEAW with the expansion and War in the West. Decided to go with War in the West because I think it will play better on my Surface Pro 3.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

smittyohio

Quote from: Kushan on April 07, 2015, 08:09:12 AM
I debated between TEAW with the expansion and War in the West. Decided to go with War in the West because I think it will play better on my Surface Pro 3.

I think you made the right choice...  WitE plays flawlessly on my Surface Pro 2, and everything is easy to see.  I think TEAW would be mighty hard on the eyes, and might not perform as well.

JasonPratt

The sale ends today, so yo. :)

Although I'm pretty sure I would never try to play WIT* (in any incarnation) on my Surface Pro 3, this does lead into the question of how to get previously bought games installed there. Fortunately I've saved some of my Matrix downloads on The Presence, and should be able to transfer them (and others of course are available via Steam). Others are apparently only available now on DVD/CD (whatever they physically shipped on), not from download anymore: obviously every boxed copy had a download option once upon a time! I ought to be able to download Unity of Command for example (which weirdly has no Steam activation option, even though it's on Steam -- by a different distributor I guess?) Nope! -- can't find the option to do it anyway.

This is why hard copies are important, where possible. I bought my Easter batch all hardcopy. (And I think they all had Steam activation except for Case Blue which I expect eventually.) Now I'll need an external drive to install properly. Or maybe figure out how to wirelessly network The Presence and The Surface together, and use The Presence as a giant CD drive for installing onto The Surface...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Kushan

Quote from: smittyohio on April 07, 2015, 11:59:37 AM
Quote from: Kushan on April 07, 2015, 08:09:12 AM
I debated between TEAW with the expansion and War in the West. Decided to go with War in the West because I think it will play better on my Surface Pro 3.

I think you made the right choice...  WitE plays flawlessly on my Surface Pro 2, and everything is easy to see.  I think TEAW would be mighty hard on the eyes, and might not perform as well.

I've tried before to run AGEODs games on my Surface, it doesn't look bad but I found that at least Rise of Prussia and WW1 Gold don't recognize input from the touch screen. I'd love to be able to play their board game feel when I'm sitting on the couch watching tv or a turn or two at lunch. One day I'll pick up TEAW and find out if its any different.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on April 07, 2015, 02:35:26 PM
Quote from: smittyohio on April 07, 2015, 11:59:37 AM
Quote from: Kushan on April 07, 2015, 08:09:12 AM
I debated between TEAW with the expansion and War in the West. Decided to go with War in the West because I think it will play better on my Surface Pro 3.

I think you made the right choice...  WitE plays flawlessly on my Surface Pro 2, and everything is easy to see.  I think TEAW would be mighty hard on the eyes, and might not perform as well.

I've tried before to run AGEODs games on my Surface, it doesn't look bad but I found that at least Rise of Prussia and WW1 Gold don't recognize input from the touch screen. I'd love to be able to play their board game feel when I'm sitting on the couch watching tv or a turn or two at lunch. One day I'll pick up TEAW and find out if its any different.


Does AJE/BOR/Hannibal run on it?  I'm guessing they don't since it uses the same engine. 

JasonPratt

It's too bad WW1G especially doesn't recognize touch well (or at all?), since after all it's a board-game conversion to start with; and plays A LOT more like a board game per se than other AGEOD games (since it isn't really the AGE engine or whatever it's called anyway.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!