It's FRIDAY people...lets get this party started.....

Started by JudgeDredd, April 10, 2015, 01:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Anguille on April 10, 2015, 03:02:58 PM
I might still play some of the two games above and maybe something new...like Pandora.

Pandora: First Contact is a really good game, and I highly recommend the expansion Eclipse of Nashira too.  From what I've seen you post, Anguille, I think you'll like it.

Anguille

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 10, 2015, 04:12:29 PM
Quote from: Anguille on April 10, 2015, 03:02:58 PM
I might still play some of the two games above and maybe something new...like Pandora.

Pandora: First Contact is a really good game, and I highly recommend the expansion Eclipse of Nashira too.  From what I've seen you post, Anguille, I think you'll like it.
Thanks! Once i am a little familiar with the main game, i'll take a look at the expansion  O0

W8taminute

In no particular order: Star Drive 2, Star Drive, War in the East, and maybe some War Thunder.  For some strange reason whenever I read a combat report in WitE about how my Bf-109s intercepted a gaggle of SU-2s that were trying to interdict one of my divisions I get a hankering for jumping into my 109E in War Thunder and trying to recreate that battle in WitE in a live multiplayer game.  Is something wrong with that or me?  ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


MetalDog

Through the awesomeness of one of our own, I will be trying out Sovereignty this weekend, too.  I'm sure there will be the usual Civ game going on at some point as well.  And there's a lawn that needs mowed.  Too bad I can't get that done seated at my desk :(
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

#35
Quote from: MetalDog on April 10, 2015, 05:33:04 PM
... And there's a lawn that needs mowed.  Too bad I can't get that done seated at my desk :(

FU... there's still snow in my yard....  >:(

Meant to Quote not Modify.

Grim.Reaper

With the Masters on this weekend, going to be playing the latest ActionPC Golf game being released this weekend....still remains as one of my favorite games that I constantly go back to.

MetalDog

Quote from: Barthheart on April 10, 2015, 07:40:18 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on April 10, 2015, 05:33:04 PM
... And there's a lawn that needs mowed.  Too bad I can't get that done seated at my desk :(

FU... there's still snow in my yard....  >:(



Maybe you should go on a cruise.  It makes things disappear.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


-budd-

been getting into AOW3, i fairly suck at it. I'm 100 turns in and i only have 2 cities in my dwarf dreadnought empire, there metropolis size but having a hard time generating gold. There's not a bunch of resources in the underground and i keep getting "what to build brainlock" and my upkeep for my 3 hero led armies is starting to break me and i feel myself falling behind the curve and now 2 of the top dweller empires have declared war on me. I ventured up top and am finding a lot of tier 3 units and i can't guard all the entrances to my empire [can 2 cities be called an empire? ::)] so the top dwellers have started to encroach on my turf......I think this will end badly, can't we all just get along. i'm starting to see what people are saying about the race to higher tier units. I haven' payed attention but don't tier 1 and 2 units get more powerful as they get experience i.e recruit>veteran>elite .... like more hit points, and deal more damage? It would be nice if once tier 1 or 2 units got to a certain experience level they could pick some special skill or power to stay relevant longer.


I might also give the PCO beta patch a spin and i've been getting the urge to go back to Rapture...so maybe BS2, i've only played through it  once and Rapture is one of my favorite FPS worlds.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Sir Slash

Can you not mow snow? It certainly works with X-Mas lights still in the yard. Along with a tool or two left over putting my new grill together. Sorry Barth. I forgot... you still got snow. :(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

I'm gonna be continuing to try to learn Scourge of War.

And, I have a hankering for some multiplayer ARMA 3 on the King of the Hill servers.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GJK

Quote from: Toonces on April 10, 2015, 11:16:31 PM
I'm gonna be continuing to try to learn Scourge of War.

And, I have a hankering for some multiplayer ARMA 3 on the King of the Hill servers.

SoW is pretty simple to learn for single player.  I'm confused as far as multiplayer goes however.  Trying to play a LAN game and I get a full division or corps and my son gets a half brigade size worth.   Then, if we play on, he (or I) march to where we should engage yet we don't actually see one another.  It's as if we're playing the same scenario but in two different parallel universes.  I'd like to just play a scenario (say Antietam cornfield) where we have roughly the same sized units.  It doesn't work though and it's quite frustrating.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Nefaro

I've not played a digital game in about 2 weeks. 

That doesn't mean I haven't purchased any in that time.  :idiot2:

Huw the Poo

Quote from: -budd- on April 10, 2015, 09:03:44 PM
I haven' payed attention but don't tier 1 and 2 units get more powerful as they get experience i.e recruit>veteran>elite .... like more hit points, and deal more damage? It would be nice if once tier 1 or 2 units got to a certain experience level they could pick some special skill or power to stay relevant longer.

Indeed, that would be nice, and is something you could do in previous games in the series.  It sounds like you're coming to the same disappointing realisations as I did about AOW3.  Oh and yes, units do level up (if you can even keep them alive long enough) but the stat boosts they get as a result are negligible and don't make them at all useful against higher tier units - they'll still be cut to ribbons in battle.  It is very much just a race to the top tier. :/