It's FRIDAY people...lets get this party started.....

Started by JudgeDredd, April 10, 2015, 01:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Martok

Stardrive 2 dominated my life this past weekend.  Until today (when I fired up Sovereignty for a bit), it was literally the only thing I played between Thursday and now.  It's a very good game -- it's not "everything I ever wanted" in a space 4x title, but it *is* the best one I've come across since Distant Worlds was released back in 2010.  I'm definitely having fun with it. 

Between that and Sovereignty, I foresee my next two days off (tonight & tomorrow night) being happily occupied.  8) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

The Lombards have captured my heart over the weekend in Attila TW. Still a difficult campaign but really fun.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

#77
Quote from: GJK on April 12, 2015, 09:53:48 PM
I played some more SOW tonight - vs the AI.  We tried and tried to get co-op and multiplayer working but it was one thing or another.  The error log showed that we didn't have matching dds files so client was dropped.  So I figured that I'd just copy my entire mods folder to his computer and that made it worse; now he CTD's when we try and connect.  I figured that the mods weren't loaded properly so I just copied my entire SOW directory but he still CTD's when we try and load multiplayer.  So we gave up on it.  Shame, looked like it would of been a fun father-son thing.

I've never played MP with mods enabled, other than a semi-offical custom scenario pack. 

I know that it will refuse to run if the files are different or if it seems like someone has modified something they shouldn't have, as some kind of cheat prevention.  Which means that you can't run it in MP with any game mechanic & UI mods IIRC or it will go berserk.  There was also something about joining scenarios from DLC which one player didn't own. 

Sounds like you'll have to wipe your son's install clean and reinstall everything.  Just remember that not only the base game, but every DLC, has a patch you need to run.  So get the latest for all of them for the specific install.

Been awhile since I played, and I've only done multi-player coop a handful of times, so I may not be of much use here.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on April 13, 2015, 02:56:27 PM
The Lombards have captured my heart over the weekend in Attila TW. Still a difficult campaign but really fun.

Have they patched in Workshop support yet?

I became quite disgusted with trying to find specific small mods on the TWcenter forums long ago.  Trying to find a needle in the Mississippi.  That damn Imperium rating imbalance between Hordes and regular land-owning factions has to go.

Gusington

^Not yet, and TWC denizens are all lathered up about it. CA keeps stating 'soon.'
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

It's not the weekend but you can bet I'll be playing Age of Wonders 3 with the Eternal Lords DLC tonight!  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Martok

Quote from: bbmike on April 14, 2015, 11:12:15 AM
It's not the weekend but you can bet I'll be playing Age of Wonders 3 with the Eternal Lords DLC tonight!  :D
Oh gods it can't be out already!  I'm still playing Stardrive 2 and Sovereignty!  Gah!!! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Nefaro

Quote from: Martok on April 14, 2015, 11:13:48 AM
Quote from: bbmike on April 14, 2015, 11:12:15 AM
It's not the weekend but you can bet I'll be playing Age of Wonders 3 with the Eternal Lords DLC tonight!  :D
Oh gods it can't be out already!  I'm still playing Stardrive 2 and Sovereignty!  Gah!!!


AMBUSH!

(that was my impersonation of the voice acting in Shadow of the Horned Rat btw).