Livin' after FRIDAY, rocking too the dawn

Started by MetalDog, April 17, 2015, 05:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Barthheart

Presently sitting in the Air Canad lounge awaiting my flight home.

Definitely the final turns of my PBEM Normandy 44 battle with Cyrano. It's been a lot more fun and interesting than I would have first thought with a John Tiller title. Still don't like the style of presentation but the game is well thought out.

Other than that, spring has finally reach my small corner of the Great White North so there will be plenty of Yardwork Manager and if I'm lucky I'll get the Get the Convertable Going DLC.  :)

MetalDog

Quote from: Shelldrake on April 17, 2015, 08:52:25 AM
More AoW3 for me - damn I love this game! :smitten:

Shell, what do you like sdo much about it.  Haven't played any since Vanilla.  What has the 1.5 upgrade added and are you playing with any DLC?


@Rayfer: If I'm up at midnight, it must be because

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

someone please point out to MD the difference between "to" and "too" :D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Leave me be!  It was before 6 a.m.  What else do you want?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

I am going to make a manful attempt to finish the final battle of CMBN's Kampgruppe Engel campaign. I've been making occasional, painful progress in this very tough fight and now I'm kind of WTF, lets get on with it already. You can only die once in real life but in computers, you can always re-start the battle. POE also and I need to get back to Attila. You don't want to keep him waiting.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat


PanzersEast

Leaning me some No Retreat! Russian Front.. don't call me Panzers EAST for no reason. 

Going to play a little Sovereignty  and Pandora.  I am starting to lean back toward board gaming so I have my All-Time/Half-Time NCAA tournament to start and a little surprise for the Grogs (SpringFling).  Also OOTP16 and maybe try if I can finally get into FM.  So about average, list a lot of crap, play about 1/3.


PE

Rayfer

MD....Tull, now you're talking my kind of music!

Shelldrake

Quote from: MetalDog on April 17, 2015, 09:13:02 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on April 17, 2015, 08:52:25 AM
More AoW3 for me - damn I love this game! :smitten:

Shell, what do you like sdo much about it.  Haven't played any since Vanilla.  What has the 1.5 upgrade added and are you playing with any DLC?


@Rayfer: If I'm up at midnight, it must be because



I am playing vanilla 1.5 elf campaign and finding it very challenging but the tactical turn-based battles and tremendous variety of units and tactical versus strategic spells keep me coming back for more. Just when I think I have the AI on the ropes I get spanked and have to reload. Not sure that I have answered your question.

Off topic, Tull is the greatest! Heavy Horses is one of my favs.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Kushan

#24
Most of my weekend will probably be spent doing LUA work for my Command scenario. But I still plan to get an unhealthy amount of Cities Skyline, Elite, Prepar3D, Distant Worlds, EUIV, or Sovereignty into the mix. Strangely or not strange is that playing Sovereignty has made me want to play a fantasy RPG so I might fire up some Skyrim as well.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Cyrano

Son's birthday this week so I have ROLLERSKATING in my near future.  Correction, I will be WATCHING rollerskaters this weekend.

In the midst thereof, I will continue to fight both Doug and Vance at PzC...both Normandy and Kursk are winding down.

CMBS vs. Doug...that's about to get grim...I almost forgot I got TANKS.

Leipzig PBEM vs. Doug for AAR purposes.

"Heroes of Normandie" for both fun and review...it threatens to tickle my gamer/collector OCD in that very expensive way.

Getting deep into Diablo III now with the whole family.

And radio show appearances throughout Sunday.

Let's go get some WEEKEND!!

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat


WallysWorld

Playing CMFI and just about to start the fourth battle of the German campaign "Conrath's Counterattack". The third battle was very tough and I'm down to only three Panzer III's now. I was hoping for more replacements, but will have to do with what I have.

Cities Skylines.

IL2 1946 with the user created "Luftwaffe Pilot: Legion Kondor!" campaign.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Sir Slash

Dammit Wally. You beat battle #3. Now I gotta go back and try to get past it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.