Grogheads Spring Fling Boxing Tournament

Started by PanzersEast, April 20, 2015, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Quote from: magnus on April 23, 2015, 06:32:24 PM
I am probably the only other Grog in the tournament that has it let alone plays it a lot.

I figured with that knowledge I would be unbeatable in making up a fighter.

I have been beaten in the first and second fights both times using different stats. Probably by guys who just picked #s.

What are the odds on this I wonder?

I will say the commentary that was on " toothless Ivan's " first losing bout was probably the best I have ever seen in the game.

Did you use to play the boardgame that I believe the PC game came from? I think it was just " title bout ". I used to love to play " ringside seat " on the Commodore 64 I believe.

My fighter that beat you was runner up last year, same stats this year - no random number choosing, carefully researched studies on how to kick your ass

And it worked  :P

magnus

Then I feel much better about the stats in the game.

PanzersEast

#32
Round 3 posted.......

It's starting to get interesting leading up to the Title Fight this weekend!

Just to Note: You make have to hit refresh to see the up-dated bracket.

PE

undercovergeek


WallysWorld

And "The Weasel" does it again! This time he didn't waste any of the crowd's valuable time and ended the fight in round five after being embarrassed in the first round when he 'slipped' and fell all on his own:

3:00    * Wackaviski walks into a hook and folds like an accordion. He went down section by section.    4:6
3:00    Milham motions Tyson to a neutral corner and starts the count.    4:13
3:00    1
3:00    * The timekeeper rings the bell and Wackaviski is spared to fight another round.


2:19    * That punch caught Tyson clean. He brings his arms up in a defensive posture. Now he pitches forward! Tyson goes down after a delayed reaction to the uppercut by Wackaviski!
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

WYBaugh


PanzersEast

Round 4 has been posted with some surprising results....


PE

WallysWorld

The Cinderella run for Weasel has to come to an end. It was fun to take part.

Thanks for taking the time to run this tournament.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

PanzersEast

Quote from: WallysWorld on April 26, 2015, 02:31:15 PM
The Cinderella run for Weasel has to come to an end. It was fun to take part.

Thanks for taking the time to run this tournament.

Actually the Weasel is still alive, you are in the final match of the losers bout... if you win that you have a rematch in the title bout.


PE

WallysWorld

Quote from: PanzersEast on April 26, 2015, 02:47:38 PM
Actually the Weasel is still alive, you are in the final match of the losers bout... if you win that you have a rematch in the title bout.
PE

Ah, yes. Thanks for informing me of that. I didn't scroll all the way over to the right.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

PanzersEast

Round 5 updated as we get closer to the Title Fight on Wednesday.


PE

steve58

Boom Boom's reign of terror comes to an end :(  It was fun while it lasted, thanks PE.  Good luck to the remaining contenders O0
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)


BanzaiCat

Poor McGlynn. Now that he's out of it I guess the only thing left to do is drink in preparation for next year's slugfest.  :coolsmiley: