It's Friday my Groggy Gamers

Started by JudgeDredd, April 24, 2015, 12:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Barthheart

Quote from: MengJiao on April 27, 2015, 09:35:07 AM
...
Wife #2 was a classically trained folk-punk quasi-rockstar.  She had 2 or 3 or 4 bands.  I saw a lot of great music from about 84 to 2004.  then she tried to kill me.  ...

Now there's a story that needs telling!  :smiley6600:

MengJiao

Quote from: Barthheart on April 27, 2015, 10:34:19 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on April 27, 2015, 09:35:07 AM
...
Wife #2 was a classically trained folk-punk quasi-rockstar.  She had 2 or 3 or 4 bands.  I saw a lot of great music from about 84 to 2004.  then she tried to kill me.  ...

Now there's a story that needs telling!  :smiley6600:

  You'd be surprised how embarrassing it is to even begin to admit to such near-death experiences!  For starters one (that one would be me) has to admit to a lot of pure cowardice at many levels, though from another angle, it's interesting to see one's (me again) survival instincts kick in.

Barthheart

Quote from: MengJiao on April 27, 2015, 11:23:13 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 27, 2015, 10:34:19 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on April 27, 2015, 09:35:07 AM
...
Wife #2 was a classically trained folk-punk quasi-rockstar.  She had 2 or 3 or 4 bands.  I saw a lot of great music from about 84 to 2004.  then she tried to kill me.  ...

Now there's a story that needs telling!  :smiley6600:

  You'd be surprised how embarrassing it is to even begin to admit to such near-death experiences!  For starters one (that one would be me) has to admit to a lot of pure cowardice at many levels, though from another angle, it's interesting to see one's (me again) survival instincts kick in.

O0

Gusington

Meng you just took a boring day and turned it around. Do tell more!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

An Ex-Wife that tries to kill you? Is that out of the ordinary or something? Mine truly made me suffer... she stayed married to me for far too long.  8)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 27, 2015, 02:12:09 PM
An Ex-Wife that tries to kill you? Is that out of the ordinary or something? Mine truly made me suffer... she stayed married to me for far too long.  8)

  yep.  To tell the truth, wives who go nuts are not all that rare.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MengJiao on April 27, 2015, 11:23:13 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 27, 2015, 10:34:19 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on April 27, 2015, 09:35:07 AM
...
Wife #2 was a classically trained folk-punk quasi-rockstar.  She had 2 or 3 or 4 bands.  I saw a lot of great music from about 84 to 2004.  then she tried to kill me.  ...

Now there's a story that needs telling!  :smiley6600:

  You'd be surprised how embarrassing it is to even begin to admit to such near-death experiences!  For starters one (that one would be me) has to admit to a lot of pure cowardice at many levels, though from another angle, it's interesting to see one's (me again) survival instincts kick in.

Yeah...i would say it is only conceivably embarrassing if she had actually succeeded. You survived, so you still have your manly pride intact. Don't be so hard on yourself.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on April 27, 2015, 12:54:08 PM
Meng you just took a boring day and turned it around. Do tell more!

  I think the bare outline is about as un-boring as it gets.  The rest is just "husband survives domestic violence"...I would have looked pretty odd, not to mention pathetic, and or deranged showing up at a women's shelter.  No!  No!  I did what any man would have done and got away intact!
Not very glorious or of much narrative interest, but under such circumstances, in retrospect one (that would be me) has to say that
abject cowardice and just plain fear has its beneficial side -- after all exwife-#2 is doing fine and so am I.

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 27, 2015, 02:22:37 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on April 27, 2015, 11:23:13 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 27, 2015, 10:34:19 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on April 27, 2015, 09:35:07 AM
...
Wife #2 was a classically trained folk-punk quasi-rockstar.  She had 2 or 3 or 4 bands.  I saw a lot of great music from about 84 to 2004.  then she tried to kill me.  ...

Now there's a story that needs telling!  :smiley6600:

  You'd be surprised how embarrassing it is to even begin to admit to such near-death experiences!  For starters one (that one would be me) has to admit to a lot of pure cowardice at many levels, though from another angle, it's interesting to see one's (me again) survival instincts kick in.

Yeah...i would say it is only conceivably embarrassing if she had actually succeeded. You survived, so you still have your manly pride intact. Don't be so hard on yourself.

  You're right.  Obviously I'm sort of okay with the having survived thing or I would not have mentioned it here.  Though of course it is still a sore spot as is plain to see.

Nefaro

#144
Quote from: MengJiao on April 27, 2015, 09:35:07 AM
  then she tried to kill me. 

I've been there. 

Ex went stalker for a time after break-up.  Answered the door at 3 AM and was viciously attacked.  Like a rabid animal trying to bite your throat out and claw your eyes.  Good thing she wasn't thinking clearly enough to come armed.  Finally had to restrain her, was so angry she couldn't talk - pretty much hissing and still attempting to draw blood.  Didn't stop trying to attack me until I held her upside down over the stairwell and she snapped back to reality.  She had been sitting outside my apartment all night, every night, possibly for a couple weeks, despite having a day job.  Crazy shit.

Tried telling everyone I had attacked her by showing them the restraining bruises on her wrists.  Threatened police etc etc.  Then showed up later and said she wouldn't press charges if I just gave her another chance because she was so good to me, etc, etc, and I should be thankful to have her in my life.  I started checking the peep hole on my door before opening it, after that.

I was in my early-to-mid twenties.  Was missing large chunks of hair, bloody scratches on my face, neck, shoulders.  Looked like I had been to quite a party or tried to hold onto a really angry wolverine for awhile.   Hopefully learned to watch out for the nutty multiple personality types but maybe those are the most attractive?  :))

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on April 27, 2015, 03:03:35 PM
  Hopefully learned to watch out for the nutty multiple personality types but maybe those are the most attractive?  :))

  The warning signs are fine until they come at you, I guess.  As long as the vicious stuff has other targets it seems kind of flattering that
you are somebody who doesn't get clobbered.  I'm not quite so haughty about such things now.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Nefaro on April 27, 2015, 03:03:35 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on April 27, 2015, 09:35:07 AM
  then she tried to kill me. 
...was viciously attacked.  Like a rabid animal trying to bite your throat out and claw your eyes...restrain her...hissing and still attempting to draw blood... held her upside down over the stairwell
Not to make lite of your predicament Nef - and no-one is more happy you're still here than me - but we call that foreplay in Scotland  >:D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Nefaro

#147
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 27, 2015, 03:15:24 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 27, 2015, 03:03:35 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on April 27, 2015, 09:35:07 AM
  then she tried to kill me. 
...was viciously attacked.  Like a rabid animal trying to bite your throat out and claw your eyes...restrain her...hissing and still attempting to draw blood... held her upside down over the stairwell
Not to make lite of your predicament Nef - and no-one is more happy you're still here than me - but we call that foreplay in Scotland  >:D


Oh..

I still made a couple booty calls over the next couple months.  Just made sure I had possible witnesses nearby and locked the door after quickly ushering her out.  Like flipping a shark on the nose.  I felt rather asshole-ish because it was obviously making the nuttery worse and avoided contact after those mistakes, not just for fear of my own life.

And even though I had moved shortly after the attack incident, I didn't have to tell her where my new place was.  That was rather sobering.  But, hey, I was young, dumb, and thought myself invincible and so pushed things to their limit.

mirth

Quote from: Nefaro on April 27, 2015, 03:03:35 PM
Hopefully learned to watch out for the nutty multiple personality types but maybe those are the most attractive?  :))

Indeed they are.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

I had an Ex who stalked me once after SHE left me. Weird or what? Really bad part was after she got over it, she was the bartender at my favorite bar. So I had to stop going there because I was finding things floating in my drinks. Hell hath no Fury....
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.