Main Menu

Then the FRIDAY comes

Started by MetalDog, May 08, 2015, 06:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog



It's been a long, hot, week where I am.  I will be glad to see it end and give me an opportunity to sit with a game and get some things accomplished!  I have no doubt there will be at least one round of Civ IV BtS mp.  Beyond that, the only thing I am certain of, is fretting over whether I feel like mowing the lawn.  Bet I don't do it ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Tonight begins a seven-day stretch of work for me (and I know we're busy pretty much every night this next week), so I doubt I'll get much gaming in this weekend.  What time I do have will probably be spent with either Birth of the Federation (Ultimate Mod 5), Rome II: Wrath of Sparta, Sovereignty, or Age of Wonders 3. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Cougar_DK

I will play some more Project Cars, GTA V and Firefly the boardgame with some good friends.
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Gusington

Nazi killin' with Wolfenstein - The Old Blood and Battle Academy 2.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Cyrano

Leipzig and CM:BS PBEMs for certain...

Little bit of Tragedy Looper if only to try, again, to suss out the rules without the unhelpful assistance of the horribly opaque rule book.  The thing that makes me really want to slap it -- oop, another game I want to slap -- is that it seems to KNOW it's opaque and doesn't quite know how to fix that.

And the boy wants to make breakfast for mother on Sunday...I am fully prepared to deck out my kitchen -- and a 50-foot radius -- as a HazMat area.

Best of the Weekend,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JudgeDredd

CM:BS pbem with UCG
Project Cars - had to spunk the cash on this bad boy. I'm hoping for something with a bit more soul. I love Assetto Corsa and rFactor2 - but they do feel "empty" in a way...they're just missing something
State of Decay - hugely drawn to this game - and the more I understand how to do things, the more I'm drawn to it
Far Cry IV or GTA V - one of them (or both if time allows)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MengJiao

Quote from: Cougar_DK on May 08, 2015, 07:10:19 AM
I will play some more Project Cars, GTA V and Firefly the boardgame with some good friends.

  Mordor (I'm getting intel on the Warchiefs!) and Vassal boardgaming.

Sir Slash

Sunday is Mother's Day here in the States. So in honor of my Dearly Departed, I thought I should play a game my mother would like. It couldn't be a wargame. If mom were to play Combat Mission, she would insist on the Capt. going out to talk the Germans into leaving their bunkers and then offer to wash their Tiger tanks on the way out of town for them. If it was TW, she would invest all her tech in Chocolate Brownies and win over Attila by making him Sunday dinner. Though the deal might go south when she insist he wash his hands before eating. No it would have to be a RPG. A game where you can go out and meet new people and help them while occasionally making incredibly biased judgements about them. I can hear her say, "Don't just sit in front of that computer, go outside and play" as she sits in front of TV watching Concentration. And the best game at going outside I can think of is Skyrim. Mom would love Skyrim. Everywhere you go you meet the same people doing and saying the same things at the same time of day, just like in real life. Mom would be great in Skyrim. She wouldn't want to be a queen or a jarl but would make a damn fine Inn-Keeper. She could cook for 30+ people, would be nice to everyone, even those snooty people from Riften, and wouldn't mind if Dad stunk-up the cellar with Bear skins and Wolf pelts. In fact kill a deer, and Mom would take the hide and make a hat, coat, and 14 pairs of shoes out of it. Anything left over, she'd knit a new loincloth for one of the Giants living outside of town. My bed would ALWAYS be made, even after just getting up from 12 hours of sleep just like in the game. Though she would never approve of Lydia and I staying in the same room even if she did keep her armor all night. Her Seared Slaughterfish would be to die for. And she would keep my Glass Sword polished. Seriously, how do you kill anything with a GLASS sword? Wouldn't it break? While she wouldn't like me becoming a Werewolf, it'd be OK as long as I didn't hang around the wrong sort of people. And my adventuring pack would always include a toothbrush, deordorant, and clean underwear along with the Grilled Leeks and Vension Stew. I could kill a Dragon and win her a castle but she would be just as happy with one of those shacks in the woods. And knowing my Mother, in no time she'd have every Sabre Cat and Dire Wolf in the area as best friends. And post "Watch-Out For Bear" signs everywhere. So this Sunday I will wash behind both ears before sitting down to play Skyrim and think of my Mother. And say "Sir" and "Mam" to all the snooty Riften scum. And give a gold piece to a drunken beggar or two sitting in his own filth. And help somebody. Because it's what Mom would enjoy. Now Dad...... O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Blucher

War Plan Orange PBEM
France '14 PBEM
WITE vs A.I.

Maybe try to figure out SSG's Korsun Pocket again

Airborne Rifles

CMANO, second Northern Fury scenario, "X-Ray Station."

mirth

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on May 08, 2015, 11:35:53 AM
CMANO, second Northern Fury scenario, "X-Ray Station."

I eagerly await your next AAR!  :)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Toonces

War Plan Orange?  Man, you don't see that pop on these lists very often!  I wish I had bought that game when it was on sale.

I fully intend to continue to explore Take Command and SoW.  I'm also feeling the pull of Combat Mission; I've barely scratched the surface of both Black Sea and the Syria one.  Or maybe Wargame: Red Dragon.  Something like that. 

Finally, I'd like to get some time in with ARMA 3. 

Kind of an ambitious list for what is essentially a short weekend.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Ubercat

That has to be the longest paragraph I've seen in months.

Pillars of Eternity, and continuing my AACW2 1.05 PBEM game for me.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

undercovergeek

TEN FKING DAYS OFF!!!!!

I have just spent £100 on jamesons, brandy and rum with occasional snacks -

I'll be pbem-ing with con and JD sipping my various beverages

And I intend to sink balls deep into CMANO and I'm starting with the crushing of the caliphate of west Africa and sipping my way thru hundred quids worth of errrrr thinking drinks

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people