Main Menu

Then the FRIDAY comes

Started by MetalDog, May 08, 2015, 06:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

I would put Slash's entire post above into my sig line if I could.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Yeah, that's a pretty epic post!   O0

And I've decided to change my Friday plans.  I'm going to UCG's house for the weekend!  Seriously, that sounds like hella fun!   :buck2:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

You're welcome toonces.... I even have earl gray in for you!

Toonces

Let's invite Barthheart and GJK over and play a boardgame.  I've always wanted to try Diplomacy.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Make sure the knives are locked up.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Drunken board games? I'm in. UCG, I hope your board is alcohol and pretzel proof.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 08, 2015, 12:28:28 PM
TEN FKING DAYS OFF!!!!!

I have just spent £100 on jamesons, brandy and rum with occasional snacks -

I'm so jealous...
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 08, 2015, 10:35:12 AM
Sunday is Mother's Day here in the States. So in honor of my Dearly Departed, I thought I should play a game my mother would like. It couldn't be a wargame. If mom were to play Combat Mission, she would insist on the Capt. going out to talk the Germans into leaving their bunkers and then offer to wash their Tiger tanks on the way out of town for them. If it was TW, she would invest all her tech in Chocolate Brownies and win over Attila by making him Sunday dinner. Though the deal might go south when she insist he wash his hands before eating. No it would have to be a RPG. A game where you can go out and meet new people and help them while occasionally making incredibly biased judgements about them. I can hear her say, "Don't just sit in front of that computer, go outside and play" as she sits in front of TV watching Concentration. And the best game at going outside I can think of is Skyrim. Mom would love Skyrim. Everywhere you go you meet the same people doing and saying the same things at the same time of day, just like in real life. Mom would be great in Skyrim. She wouldn't want to be a queen or a jarl but would make a damn fine Inn-Keeper. She could cook for 30+ people, would be nice to everyone, even those snooty people from Riften, and wouldn't mind if Dad stunk-up the cellar with Bear skins and Wolf pelts. In fact kill a deer, and Mom would take the hide and make a hat, coat, and 14 pairs of shoes out of it. Anything left over, she'd knit a new loincloth for one of the Giants living outside of town. My bed would ALWAYS be made, even after just getting up from 12 hours of sleep just like in the game. Though she would never approve of Lydia and I staying in the same room even if she did keep her armor all night. Her Seared Slaughterfish would be to die for. And she would keep my Glass Sword polished. Seriously, how do you kill anything with a GLASS sword? Wouldn't it break? While she wouldn't like me becoming a Werewolf, it'd be OK as long as I didn't hang around the wrong sort of people. And my adventuring pack would always include a toothbrush, deordorant, and clean underwear along with the Grilled Leeks and Vension Stew. I could kill a Dragon and win her a castle but she would be just as happy with one of those shacks in the woods. And knowing my Mother, in no time she'd have every Sabre Cat and Dire Wolf in the area as best friends. And post "Watch-Out For Bear" signs everywhere. So this Sunday I will wash behind both ears before sitting down to play Skyrim and think of my Mother. And say "Sir" and "Mam" to all the snooty Riften scum. And give a gold piece to a drunken beggar or two sitting in his own filth. And help somebody. Because it's what Mom would enjoy. Now Dad...... O0

O0 O0 O0 Brilliant!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Kushan

Was really hoping I would be playing Galactic Civilizations 3 all weekend but after owning it for only 2 days its already been uninstalled. I'm still in a space 4x mood, so there is going to be some (maybe a lot) of Distant Worlds. Its also been a few months since I played Elite or Skyrim, so they might see some play time as well. I'm really interested in trying out a few of the Skyrim mods that where steam paid mods that are now free on the Nexus.

I want to put the finishing touches on my Command scenario but I've been trying to do that for the last 3 weeks and I still have been finding things to add or change.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Sir Slash

Thanks to all. Raising me, my brother and sister was a constant Role-Playing Game for Mom.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 08, 2015, 12:28:28 PM
TEN FKING DAYS OFF!!!!!

I have just spent £100 on jamesons, brandy and rum with occasional snacks -

I'll be pbem-ing with con and JD sipping my various beverages

And I intend to sink balls deep into CMANO and I'm starting with the crushing of the caliphate of west Africa and sipping my way thru hundred quids worth of errrrr thinking drinks

Wow.

You'll go feral after having that much time off.


undercovergeek

It's my last chance for some free time whilst the business purchase goes through

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 08, 2015, 10:35:12 AM
Sunday is Mother's Day here in the States. So in honor of my Dearly Departed, I thought I should play a game my mother would like. It couldn't be a wargame. If mom were to play Combat Mission, she would insist on the Capt. going out to talk the Germans into leaving their bunkers and then offer to wash their Tiger tanks on the way out of town for them. If it was TW, she would invest all her tech in Chocolate Brownies and win over Attila by making him Sunday dinner. Though the deal might go south when she insist he wash his hands before eating. No it would have to be a RPG. A game where you can go out and meet new people and help them while occasionally making incredibly biased judgements about them. I can hear her say, "Don't just sit in front of that computer, go outside and play" as she sits in front of TV watching Concentration. And the best game at going outside I can think of is Skyrim. Mom would love Skyrim. Everywhere you go you meet the same people doing and saying the same things at the same time of day, just like in real life. Mom would be great in Skyrim. She wouldn't want to be a queen or a jarl but would make a damn fine Inn-Keeper. She could cook for 30+ people, would be nice to everyone, even those snooty people from Riften, and wouldn't mind if Dad stunk-up the cellar with Bear skins and Wolf pelts. In fact kill a deer, and Mom would take the hide and make a hat, coat, and 14 pairs of shoes out of it. Anything left over, she'd knit a new loincloth for one of the Giants living outside of town. My bed would ALWAYS be made, even after just getting up from 12 hours of sleep just like in the game. Though she would never approve of Lydia and I staying in the same room even if she did keep her armor all night. Her Seared Slaughterfish would be to die for. And she would keep my Glass Sword polished. Seriously, how do you kill anything with a GLASS sword? Wouldn't it break? While she wouldn't like me becoming a Werewolf, it'd be OK as long as I didn't hang around the wrong sort of people. And my adventuring pack would always include a toothbrush, deordorant, and clean underwear along with the Grilled Leeks and Vension Stew. I could kill a Dragon and win her a castle but she would be just as happy with one of those shacks in the woods. And knowing my Mother, in no time she'd have every Sabre Cat and Dire Wolf in the area as best friends. And post "Watch-Out For Bear" signs everywhere. So this Sunday I will wash behind both ears before sitting down to play Skyrim and think of my Mother. And say "Sir" and "Mam" to all the snooty Riften scum. And give a gold piece to a drunken beggar or two sitting in his own filth. And help somebody. Because it's what Mom would enjoy. Now Dad...... O0

This should be posted somewhere on our front page. A fitting tribute. Your mom is up there, looking down at you and she is proud. More importantly, its good to know they get grogheads in heaven.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

Been crushing stuff in Marvel Heroes online.

Has been a bonus XP event for Avengers characters and, as an Action RPG, it doesn't require a lot of thought or time commitment to jump in whenever I want some simple wreckage.

panzerde

Quote from: Blucher on May 08, 2015, 10:40:34 AM
War Plan Orange PBEM
France '14 PBEM
WITE vs A.I.

Maybe try to figure out SSG's Korsun Pocket again


How is War Plan Orange?  I've always been tempted by the subject matter...


As for me, it'll be some CMBS PBEM and it sounds like Jim will be sending me some Liepzig turns. If I can get sufficiently recharged to want to play something solo I'm not quite sure what that will be. I might have to dig through some neglected games that I haven't given much time to lately like Flashpoint Campaigns or Steam and Iron.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres