Main Menu

Then the FRIDAY comes

Started by MetalDog, May 08, 2015, 06:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

-budd-

I'm harkening back to games gone by....a little fallout 2 with the total restoration mod and take command 2nd Manassas with the CMP mod.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Toonces

Whelp I had a pretty good MP run in King of the Hill in ARMA 3 until my ping decided to go into the thousands and I got booted.  One bad thing about Hawaii is our internet is teh suxxor.

So I put in a little time with Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising.  Man alive but do I suck at these infantry games.  At any rate, I've owned it for a while now and I'm hankering for some SP action, so I figured I'd give the campaign a try.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

10pm - I'll get a little CKII going, see how Parma is doing

03:57 - I'll just make a cup of tea before to bed..... Oooo fk!!

A totally awesome session, with long thought out marriage plans coming to fruition, dukedoms been ceded to me, the holy emperor stealing titles from me and giving them to his son, plans to kill the son, and a plan for independence, expansion to another country - all in all had a great time

Toonces

Man, CK2 is such a good drinking game.  I wish I had thought of it.  I was cycling through my 215 games on Steam trying to figure out what to play and missed it!   :-[
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on May 10, 2015, 02:02:14 AM
Whelp I had a pretty good MP run in King of the Hill in ARMA 3 until my ping decided to go into the thousands and I got booted.  One bad thing about Hawaii is our internet is teh suxxor.

So I put in a little time with Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising.  Man alive but do I suck at these infantry games.  At any rate, I've owned it for a while now and I'm hankering for some SP action, so I figured I'd give the campaign a try.

I always thought the two games in the series were underrated. I played both of them all the way through.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Silent Disapproval Robot

#50
I had a botched root canal last Dec.  The thing got infected and finally extracted yesterday and they put in a bone graft as well.  Can't sleep so I've been doing a marathon session of Hearts of Iron III as the UK .  Amazing how this game can just suck me in and make me feel a part of the history.  It's Sept 1942. I invested heavily into bombing tech and now have 19 sqns of Lancasters hitting German and Italian controlled cities.   I've pushed the Axis out of N. Africa and taken Corsica, Sardinia, and Sicily.  I've lost Malaya, Hong Kong and Singapore to the Japanese but I've managed to get a sizable  force of Royal Marines and Gurkhas in place.  We stopped them along the Irriwaddy and are now pushing them out of Burma and back to the Siamese border.


(God damn you autocorrect!  Why would you turn sizable to disable?)

bbmike

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 10, 2015, 07:39:40 AM
I had a botched root canal last Dec.  The thing got infected and finally extracted yesterday and they put in a bone graft as well.  Can't sleep so I've been doing a marathon session of Hearts of Iron III as the UK .  Amazing how this game can just suck me in and make me feel a part of the history.  It's Sept 1942. I invested heavily into bombing tech and now have 19 sqns of Lancasters hitting German and Italian controlled cities.   I've pushed the Axis out of N. Africa and taken Corsica, Sardinia, and Sicily.  I've lost Malaya, Hong Kong and Singapore to the Japanese but I've managed to get a disable force of Royal Marines and Gurkhas in place.  We stopped them along the Irriwaddy and are now pushing them out of Burma and back to the asiamese border.

I feel some of your pain. Had a gum graft on Thursday.  :(
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Silent Disapproval Robot

#52
Quote from: bbmike on May 10, 2015, 07:43:31 AM

I feel some of your pain. Had a gum graft on Thursday.  :(

Isn't it fun? Wanna go get some soup, pop some Tylenol 3s and dribble on the counter?

EDIT: DAMN YOU AGAIN AUTOCORRECT!!

undercovergeek

The weekend took a gaming detour

inspired by RPS best 50 strategy games and Jarheads long a go recommendation i found myself playing Supreme Commander Forged Alliance and liking it very much

There has been much CKII so far

tonight will be CMANO now im armed with hints and tips

JudgeDredd

Just really Project Cars. It wasn't even on my radar - until I noticed it was ready to buy.

Superb game and I had an absolute blast with Bathhurst today.

Superb fun.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

bbmike

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 10, 2015, 08:00:41 AM
Quote from: bbmike on May 10, 2015, 07:43:31 AM

I feel some of your pain. Had a gum graft on Thursday.  :(

Isn't it fun? Wanna go get some soup, pop some style ok 3s and dribble on the counter?

I would laugh if it didn't hurt and I hadn't been eating soup since Friday  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Arctic Blast

Quote from: bbmike on May 10, 2015, 03:45:04 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 10, 2015, 08:00:41 AM
Quote from: bbmike on May 10, 2015, 07:43:31 AM

I feel some of your pain. Had a gum graft on Thursday.  :(

Isn't it fun? Wanna go get some soup, pop some style ok 3s and dribble on the counter?

I would laugh if it didn't hurt and I hadn't been eating soup since Friday  :P

Damn, guys. Hope you're both doing better soon.

On the bright side of things, the new Wolfenstein is awesome!

Cougar_DK

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 10, 2015, 01:53:24 PM
Just really Project Cars. It wasn't even on my radar - until I noticed it was ready to buy.

Superb game and I had an absolute blast with Bathhurst today.

Superb fun.

Fantastic track, what did you bring to the track JD?
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Gusington

Arctic Blast wait until you the Nazi heavy infantry in the new Wolfenstein...:)

Have you tried the AssCreed China game yet?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Kushan

Had a great session of Distant Worlds this afternoon. One planet (re)retaken, couple of planets taken by a third party before I could get to them but one of my biggest threats knocked down to size at the cost of a slightly damaged fleet.

Got a few hours of Cities Skyline in last night. Epic traffic problems of my own making are going to make it hard to stick with long term. Cities has quickly become one of my go to games to just turn my mind off and relax with, preferably with a glass of whiskey or scotch.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play