Main Menu

Then the FRIDAY comes

Started by MetalDog, May 08, 2015, 06:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Cougar_DK on May 10, 2015, 04:36:31 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 10, 2015, 01:53:24 PM
Just really Project Cars. It wasn't even on my radar - until I noticed it was ready to buy.

Superb game and I had an absolute blast with Bathhurst today.

Superb fun.

Fantastic track, what did you bring to the track JD?
RUF GT3 and the AI were a GT3 mix

Superb racing. There's a few videos in the videos thread and some pics in the pics thread.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni

I'm not into racing but how does it stack up to Assetto Corsa.

JudgeDredd

imo - over the weekend I had with it - it's a better overall single player experience to AC.

AC is a better "sim". You can really feel what the car is going to do in AC. pCars - not so. But the overall racing experience was imo much better
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Barthheart

Quote from: Toonces on May 08, 2015, 01:04:35 PM
Let's invite Barthheart and GJK over and play a boardgame.  I've always wanted to try Diplomacy.

Diplomacy great fun... with the right group.... ie cut-throat basturds!  :knuppel2:

This weekend was totally off the grid. Went to a old friends cottage to open it up fer the summer. Arrived around 5 PM on Thursday and proceed to drink half my beer for the entire weekend... Oops!

Friday was gloriously warm for the time of year up there so we got all our chores done and started drinking again early. More guys arrived for dinner and much drinking was done. Good thing they brought more beer.

Saturday was Biblical rain all day and fricking cold... errr... seasonal weather. So much board gaming was done. First was DVG Modern Naval Battles which saw Britain vs. Taiwan vs. Argentina vs. Germany vs. India. The Indian Navy prevailed. Many beers were drunk.

Then we broke out Academy Games Fief 1429 for the first time. This was a game I kickstarted. Really great production value. Beautiful to look at. Think of it as Line in the Sand in 15th century France. Or as a season of Game of Thrones. You need to gain control of fiefs  and bishoprics through combat and diplomacy for your family then try to become King or Pope. There were marries of convenience and assassinations, back stabs, plagues, famines and epic battles. My house, who controlled the King, in concert with my Queens House won an Alliance victory. What a great game. Everyone wants to try it again. More beer was consumed.

After that is was massive steaks on the BBQ and watching the extended version of Stripes with more beer.

Sunday was a quick game of FRAG! before breakfast, then clean and pack up to go home. Fantastic weekend. Gonna be a slow day today though....  :)

Sir Slash

Sounds like a weekend to remember. With all the beer, you can remember it right?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Sir Slash

BTW. My weekend surprise was finding out I'm going to be a Step-Grandfather again. More toys! :))
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Barthheart

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 11, 2015, 10:17:23 AM
Sounds like a weekend to remember. With all the beer, you can remember it right?

Parts of Thursday evening are patchy.... or so I was told on Friday evening when I started re-telling stories from Thursday night.... :P

Barthheart

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 11, 2015, 10:19:40 AM
BTW. My weekend surprise was finding out I'm going to be a Step-Grandfather again. More toys! :))

Congrats!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 11, 2015, 10:19:40 AM
BTW. My weekend surprise was finding out I'm going to be a Step-Grandfather again. More toys! :))
Congratulations!  O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

undercovergeek

Quote from: Barthheart on May 11, 2015, 07:47:17 AM
Quote from: Toonces on May 08, 2015, 01:04:35 PM
Let's invite Barthheart and GJK over and play a boardgame.  I've always wanted to try Diplomacy.

Diplomacy great fun... with the right group.... ie cut-throat basturds!  :knuppel2:

This weekend was totally off the grid. Went to a old friends cottage to open it up fer the summer. Arrived around 5 PM on Thursday and proceed to drink half my beer for the entire weekend... Oops!

Friday was gloriously warm for the time of year up there so we got all our chores done and started drinking again early. More guys arrived for dinner and much drinking was done. Good thing they brought more beer.

Saturday was Biblical rain all day and fricking cold... errr... seasonal weather. So much board gaming was done. First was DVG Modern Naval Battles which saw Britain vs. Taiwan vs. Argentina vs. Germany vs. India. The Indian Navy prevailed. Many beers were drunk.

Then we broke out Academy Games Fief 1429 for the first time. This was a game I kickstarted. Really great production value. Beautiful to look at. Think of it as Line in the Sand in 15th century France. Or as a season of Game of Thrones. You need to gain control of fiefs  and bishoprics through combat and diplomacy for your family then try to become King or Pope. There were marries of convenience and assassinations, back stabs, plagues, famines and epic battles. My house, who controlled the King, in concert with my Queens House won an Alliance victory. What a great game. Everyone wants to try it again. More beer was consumed.

After that is was massive steaks on the BBQ and watching the extended version of Stripes with more beer.

Sunday was a quick game of FRAG! before breakfast, then clean and pack up to go home. Fantastic weekend. Gonna be a slow day today though....  :)

The Fief game sounds right up my street

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 11, 2015, 11:38:20 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on May 11, 2015, 07:47:17 AM
Quote from: Toonces on May 08, 2015, 01:04:35 PM
Let's invite Barthheart and GJK over and play a boardgame.  I've always wanted to try Diplomacy.

Diplomacy great fun... with the right group.... ie cut-throat basturds!  :knuppel2:

This weekend was totally off the grid. Went to a old friends cottage to open it up fer the summer. Arrived around 5 PM on Thursday and proceed to drink half my beer for the entire weekend... Oops!

Friday was gloriously warm for the time of year up there so we got all our chores done and started drinking again early. More guys arrived for dinner and much drinking was done. Good thing they brought more beer.

Saturday was Biblical rain all day and fricking cold... errr... seasonal weather. So much board gaming was done. First was DVG Modern Naval Battles which saw Britain vs. Taiwan vs. Argentina vs. Germany vs. India. The Indian Navy prevailed. Many beers were drunk.

Then we broke out Academy Games Fief 1429 for the first time. This was a game I kickstarted. Really great production value. Beautiful to look at. Think of it as Line in the Sand in 15th century France. Or as a season of Game of Thrones. You need to gain control of fiefs  and bishoprics through combat and diplomacy for your family then try to become King or Pope. There were marries of convenience and assassinations, back stabs, plagues, famines and epic battles. My house, who controlled the King, in concert with my Queens House won an Alliance victory. What a great game. Everyone wants to try it again. More beer was consumed.

After that is was massive steaks on the BBQ and watching the extended version of Stripes with more beer.

Sunday was a quick game of FRAG! before breakfast, then clean and pack up to go home. Fantastic weekend. Gonna be a slow day today though....  :)

The Fief game sounds right up my street

Here's the game on BGG:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/152470/fief-france-1429

My game group is mostly into wargames so we may have been a lot more aggressive than regular players are but I think it fits the time period. There's a lot of moving parts but it's not that complicated by wargaming standards.
Next time we play we're going to add in some more expansion packs like Crusades, Teutonic and Templar Knight orders for even more chaos.  :D

Toonces

Man Bart, that sounds like a really fun weekend!  How close are you to the northeast U.S.?  I need to get myself invited to one of these weekends when I get up there if it's not too far.

Congrats Sir Slash!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

if i didnt live, work and play alone BH id be all over it - it sounds great O0

Nefaro

Quote from: Barthheart on May 11, 2015, 11:52:44 AM

Here's the game on BGG:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/152470/fief-france-1429

My game group is mostly into wargames so we may have been a lot more aggressive than regular players are but I think it fits the time period. There's a lot of moving parts but it's not that complicated by wargaming standards.
Next time we play we're going to add in some more expansion packs like Crusades, Teutonic and Templar Knight orders for even more chaos.  :D


Looks like fun if you can get a big enough group into it.

Barthheart

Quote from: Toonces on May 11, 2015, 11:55:21 AM
Man Bart, that sounds like a really fun weekend!  How close are you to the northeast U.S.?  I need to get myself invited to one of these weekends when I get up there if it's not too far.

Congrats Sir Slash!

I'm in Ottawa. The cottage is about 3.5 hrs drive NW from here.
We do a cottage opening, closing and usually one more during the summer.
These are in addition to our yearly January Guyz Weekends.
We've been gaming/drinking together for about 35 years.